Classic MINI Racing Club (ID: 1001881) - Friday August 14th, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter FergusMik
  • 1,526 comments
Why Acura and Scion dealerships are located in North-America in GT6 then?

Because Acura and Scion are brands created specifically for North America by Honda and Toyota. For example, the Honda NSX is in the Asia-Pacific Honda dealership but the Acura NSX is in the North America Acura dealership. You likely will not find Acura or Scion for sale outside of North America (well, you will but they'll be called Honda or Toyota).

Basically, the Japanese didn't think Muricans would pay luxury prices for a Honda, so they invited Acura to "fool" the Muricans into thinking they were getting something fancier than a Honda. Similar with Scion, Toyota wanted to sell more to hipster kids and they didn't think those kids would buy Toyotas, so they created a "new" brand just for Murican hipster kids.

Last edited:
ohyeah7_zpsc0fef771.jpg~original

Also wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding our Club come January.

My plan is to see how this new "Community" thing settles in for the remainder of the year, and then start using it in January to organize our club. I have sent out invites to our racers, so if you haven't already, please accept the invitations as it will be a "Private Club".

Also, I am going to tighten up the specs a little. I will implement a "No Turbo" policy (obviously this will be on the "honor system", since I can't restrict the room. However, we will know by the "hissing" sound if someone is on the "dark side". :lol: )

I will also restrict the weight to 660kg minimum.

This should give everyone enough time to re-tune their Minis before the new year and get used to them. :)

I plan on running more "same track" events each week as well.

I will keep everyone posted as we get closer to January.

Thanks and see you on the track tonight! ;)

Good ideas Mik.

Can the Mini go much below 660kg anyway? Without checking I'm not really sure what I'm running at.

we will know by the "hissing" sound if someone is on the "dark side".
This is what you really have to worry about if you hear a hissing noise from under the hood!
snake-bonnet.jpg

Back