Classic MINI Racing Club (ID: 1001881) - Friday August 14th, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter FergusMik
  • 1,526 comments
Canada
Ontario
FergusMik
Circuito de la Sierra.jpg

Founded in 2014, the Classic MINI Racing Club has brought together Mini fanatics from all over the world. Our car of choice in Gran Turismo is the Mini Cooper 1.3i ’98.

We have a great group of racers with varying skill levels, and will always welcome new members who are clean racers, respectful and follow the GTP OLR and The Good Racecraft Guide. Our races are typically casual events with a mixture of set tracks, voting, endurance and/or special events. Most importantly, we are here to have fun!

Default Room Settings

Room Privacy: Club Only

PP: 435
HP: 135
Weight: 660kg minimum
Tires: Sports Soft

Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results

Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real

Nitrous: Prohibited
Driving Line: Available
ABS: Available
All Other Driving Aids: Prohibited
Voice Chat: Enabled

Additional Vehicle Notes

Turbo Kits: Prohibited
Aero Parts: Prohibited
Painting/Wheels: Allowed and encouraged 👍

How to Join
Our GT6 Community Club (ID: 1001881) is “Private” and requires an invitation to join. If someone is interested, you can post on this thread or send me a message through the community. We will schedule a tryout event where you will be evaluated on various tracks using the points below.

We are looking for gentlemen (and ladies) of any skill level who adhere to the following criteria:

1. Have read and understood the GT Planet Online Racing Rules and Guidelines.
2. Have read and understood The Good Racecraft Guide.
3. Based on number 1 and 2, make every effort to follow those guidelines.
4. Since we have varying degrees of skill in our group, it's important that the more experienced racers keep in mind that others may not have similar braking points and/or driving lines. Please try to be courteous to everyone on the track, it’s about having fun, not about having to win every race.
4. Are respectful and polite to everyone in our Online Room when using chat (voice or text).
5. Are respectful and polite to those posting on this thread (or in our Community forum). - (Good advice for all forums)
6. If there are any issues or disputes during our races, we expect you to refrain from any outbursts in the Room and take it up with me in a Private Message later. Do not post about these issues in public on this thread.

Voice Chat
Voice chat will be enabled and "friendly banter" is typical, but please try to keep excessive background noise to a minimum, especially during races (mute yourself if necessary). Also remember that the race isn’t over until everyone has crossed the finish line (or the timer has run out), so please respect that others may still be battling on track and it can be distracting if the early finishers are talking.

Looking forward to lots of great racing in 2015, and maybe (just maybe) our beloved Mini might get promoted to being a “Premium” car.

We are also affiliated with the GTP Classix Club, you can check out other great racing clubs there.

Last edited:
Upcoming Race Day Agenda

Friday August 14th, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMT

Unless otherwise noted, Default room settings as per Post #1.

Sprint Races:
Intervals between races will be approximately 5 minutes, manual start.

Race 1: Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 6 Laps
Race 2: Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 6 Laps
Race 3: Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 6 Laps

Break

Endurance Races:
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Fast
Pit Stop: Mandatory 1

Race 4: Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 20 Laps
Race 5: Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 20 Laps

Thanks
Mik

Last edited:
FergusMik's Current Mini Tune

As of January 21st, 2015

PP: 435
HP: 135
Weight: 660kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 54:46
EDIT: Changed to 55:45 by moving ballast forward.
Max Torque: 137 ft-lb
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 4.88 kg/HP

Suspension (Front/Rear)
Ride Height: 100/65
Spring Rate: 4.00/5.59
Compression: 4/9
Extension: 6/9
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/7
Camber: 0.0/0.5
Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.12

Racing Brakes (Front/Rear)
Brake Balance: 1/3

Fully Customizable Transmission (Based on Swiftune's Swift Shift Dog Engagement Kit 2014)
1st: 2.362
2nd: 1.564
3rd: 1.195
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.852
EDIT: Changed 5th gear to 0.842 holds top speed better.
6th: 0.738 (never used)
Final Gear: 3.929 (Mini Miglia Spec)

Drivetrain
LSD: 13/7/5 (Initial/Accel/Braking)
Twin-Plate Clutch

Power
Power Limiter: 99.2
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning

Body
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast: 20kg
Ballast Postion: 0%
EDIT: Changed to -50% more weight on front seems to help with wheelspin.

Other Notes
- Car has never had an oil change since bought, currently has 6915 miles on it. (Still waiting for the light to come on...)
EDIT: Light came on at around 7800 miles. :)
- Improve Body Rigidity was not installed.
- Restore Body Rigidity has been done several times.
- Wheels installed are 1 inch up, Enkei ES-Tarmac.

Last edited:
That would be a problem since I'll still be at work then, lol.

I picked this time because I am in Canada and it's also early enough in UK for some people. It will stay as is for now.
OK. Actually that 18:00 GMT which I said, it was not an order: It was an suggestion. I'll see what I can do...

Room closed for tonight.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, the races were great, I'll post some photos when I get them transferred.

Big thanks to Sick Cylinder for inviting his friends and making the room a success 👍

Last edited:
AGENDA - Wednesday September 3rd 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT

Race 1: Deep Forest Reverse - 4 Laps
Race 2: Deep Forest Reverse - 4 Laps

Race 3: Tsukuba Circuit - 8 Laps
Race 4: Tsukuba Circuit - 8 Laps

Race 5: Track Vote

Race 6: Laguna Seca - 4 Laps
Race 7: Laguna Seca - 4 Laps

Race 8: Roma - 5 Laps
Race 9: Roma - 5 Laps

Race 10: Nurburgring Nordschleife - 1 Lap
Race 11: Nurburgring Nordschleife - 1 Lap

Intervals between races will be approximately 5 minutes, manual start.

Default room settings (as per post #1) with the addition of Driving Line Aid for the newcomers.
Room will be limited to 16 racers.
This will be a Public Room.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks

Last edited:
Great! Sorry I missed the Aug. 27th event, but I thought my real life 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper was coming home from the "Mini Hospital" on Wednesday. But, I never got the call to come pick up "Alice". I'm still waiting, due to some late arriving parts, but it is almost back together. Oh well.

Nice pictures from the 1st event and I love the tracks you picked for next Wednesday. I like the expansion to 12 cars too. We don't take up much space anyway....as long as lag stays away.

Thanks Fergus and friends at Classix for putting this on and I also saw some other fun classic series you guys have going.

Great! Sorry I missed the Aug. 27th event, but I thought my real life 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper was coming home from the "Mini Hospital" on Wednesday. But, I never got the call to come pick up "Alice". I'm still waiting, due to some late arriving parts, but it is almost back together. Oh well.

Nice pictures from the 1st event and I love the tracks you picked for next Wednesday. I like the expansion to 12 cars too. We don't take up much space anyway....as long as lag stays away.

Thanks Fergus and friends at Classix for putting this on and I also saw some other fun classic series you guys have going.

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for the positive words.
Last week was the maiden voyage for this group and we are still fine tuning the parameters. Hopefully having 12 in the room will be fine, 8 seemed to be fairly solid according to everyone. ;)
Would love to see your real life Mini, please post a pic in here if you have one, there can never be enough Minis to look at! 👍

Look forward to seeing you there on Wednesday.

Mik

Back