Nürburgring Nordschleife - 1 lap
Toscana (tarmac) 311A - 5 laps

Requirements:

500 PP Limit
Sports Medium
Pre-1980
American

Grand Prize is the GT40 Race Car '69

A car with a PP rating of 450 will roughly double the reward.

Rabbits:

Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 - This rabbit is insanely fast on straights, avoid unless you are a seasoned racer!
Camaro Z28 '69 - Not too fast, but separates from the pack. Is managable if you drive quick.

Tips:
Remember to adjust gear ratios! Many old American muscle cars have very short gears!
On Grand Valley, a flying lap should be around the 1:10 mark to win.
On Trial Mountain, a flying lap should be around the 1:38-1:39 mark to win.
On SSR5, a flying lap should be around the 1:38 mark to win.
On Nordschleife, your lap should be 8:00 or less. I did not race this with the C3 rabbit.
On Toscana, a flying lap should be around the 1:58 mark to win.
Toscana is also the easiest race to win of the bunch, where I won with a decent 12 second margin to the C3. Be cautious though, as there are two corners which is with an incline/decline. the first is a quite sharp left hander, which you will meet right after you hit the 1 minute mark on the lap. the other is the last turn of the course.

This is an expert level race. From the looks of it, it will be a nice challenge with heavy RWD cars mostly!

This post will be edited as more information is gathered.

Last edited:
I think a nicely tuned Mustang or Camaro takes this easy, given the benefit of more room for tuning & improving the handling. What do you guys think?

I think a nicely tuned Mustang or Camaro takes this easy, given the benefit of more room for tuning & improving the handling. What do you guys think?

A mustang might fit the bill, I have done some quick testing at Grand Valley with a Challenger and a Stingray, but the C3 rabbit is insanely fast. I gained about 5-6 second over the ENTIRE race, so I still have around 15 seconds I need to find.

A quick tip: Remember to adjust the gear ratios! Many of the cars top out before the start/finish line on the straight, so you can catch up a fair bit just there if your gears are properly set up.

Lowest time i got per lap on Grand Valley is 1:14ish...

I have lightly tuned my challenger with gear ratio changed... probably need to unload some more weight or what not...a i think i can get to 4th with the current set up...

Must improve :)

Lowest time i got per lap on Grand Valley is 1:14ish...

I have lightly tuned my challenger with gear ratio changed... probably need to unload some more weight or what not...a i think i can get to 4th with the current set up...

Must improve :)

I Race modified my challenger to try to beat Grand Valley, but I was about 1-2 seconds short each lap.

I went the "redundant" way, and took my GT40 Race Car, put on some weight and reduced the hp to about 340-ish, and tweaked the downforce, and I now won it by 1.6 seconds over the Z28 Camaro. Its a tough one, but its doable. I did high 1:10's each flying lap, that did it.

I just did the last Classic Muscle Car championship the other day in preparation for this coming one.

I used my Camaro Z28 RM '69, first crack at this one on Grand Valley I managed to get to 2nd chasing the C3 but was still 3 seconds short

I have now completed the raced in this event. Here is the car + setup:

Ford GT40 Race Car '69
NO PARTS ADDED! This includes no oil change!

Aero: 25 43
Ballast: 200 (placed at -35)
Power Limiter: Set to limit at 314 HP
All other settings are STOCK!

Some races, like Grand Valley are a bit difficult with this car, but if you just keep it together, and take the first turn in 3rd gear, you will take the win. Its a bit tail happy, so some throttle control is needed.

I chose this car since it's very light for an old american car, weighing in at 1190 kg when fully ballasted! The power is also quite quick, and the downforce is by far the deciding factor in winning. The races itself is as the OP says, quite challenging, as most cars in the category is tailhappy and heavy, so even the AI gets some slides when exiting turns.

I am running a 427 Shelby cobra, which is a great car, and the best I have done is 2nd by 7 secs. The problem with these muscle cars is , although you can tune them up to go real fast, my Shelby flies, even with good suspension and diff tunes, they are very hard to control properly. I have run 10's and 11,s with the cobra, but the big blockers are difficult to pass on the speedway. This will be a great seasonal, good luck all.

Sounded like fun after the TT's so did Grand Valley in my Camaro Z28 RM 69. Overtook the Convertible C3 before the last straight.
Used the full 500PP. Best lap 1:10.1.

Hadn't finished my beer so did the 'Ring too, same car same tune (should have upped the top speed a bit, 250km/h redlined in the long straight).
Won by 19 secs, 7:43, the rabbit was the Camaro Z28.
Took the lead at 3:56 sec's.

Anyway, beers finished and I'm going to bed. Cheers, good racing you blokes.

Last edited:
One of the better seasonals, Valley most difficult, Nordschleife could have been much more difficult. Did all at 475pp Corvette Stingray C3. Anyway lower your pp and you can have lots of fun . C3 Rabbit in all races

Nordschleife at 440 pp 1.264.120 cr

1.436.500 cr 129.285 xp 425 pp 195 at 50, 1436 kg

set up nothing special, but works
-17 -12 cam 2.6 1.8
7 8.5 toe -0.24 0.00 gears tranny
4 6
3 5 bb 6/9
2 4 lsd 10/37/10

Last edited:
One of the better seasonals, Valley most difficult, Nordschleife could have been much more difficult. Did all at 475pp Corvette Stingray C3. Anyway lower your pp and you can have lots of fun . C3 Rabbit in all races

Nordschleife at 440 pp 1.264.120 cr

1.436.500 cr 129.285 xp 425 pp 195 at 50, 1436 kg

set up nothing special, but works
-17 -12 cam 2.6 1.8
7 8.5 toe -0.24 0.00 gears tranny
4 6
3 5 bb 6/9
2 4 lsd 10/37/10
Good set up. Showing progress, but still some 10 seconds from 1st place.
Help!

I used the Ford Mark IV Race Car '67. Since it was only a 500PP event, I lowered the power output to around 57%, which is around the 280HP mark and set the ballast all the way up to 200, with the position at -35. The car's weight was only 1200kg. I also adjusted the aerodynamics, 21 for the front and 36 for the rear. Everything else was stock, although I did increase the max speed ratio for the Nurburgring. Grand Valley was by far the hardest race, I overtook a Chevrolet (couldn't remember which one it was) on the last lap just before I crossed the finish line to win by 0.162 seconds! :D

I would definitely recommend using this car, if you have one of course! :D

Last edited:
I used my Ford GT40 Race Car '69 with a modified copy of Praiano's 600pp tune. Dropped downforce as low as possible. Also added 200kg balast at -32 and.
Transmission: FG set to max, topspeed at 200 kmh, gears set at 0% - 25% - 50% - 75% and 100%, changed FG between 3300 and and 4100 depending on track
All 5 tracks very easy wins first try.

Sweet. I thought the seasonals were done. What a great surprise. Plus it's not a K-Car or a truck race, but rather a 500pp race which is the best PP race level IMHO. Wish it was international so I could use the Miura (the only Lambo I like in this game) but I won't complain:-)

I remember winning the first iteration of this event pretty easily using the Z28, but the Nurb wasn't one of the races and it's never "easy". Does the thread from the original Muscle Car Seasonal event still exist here?

Interesting one, Grand Valley was pretty hard as it took a few tries to get the car right, others were really easy. Tried the Cobra originally, went sideways everywhere and didn't win so I gave up on that. Instead I used the Ford GT40, 331hp, 200KG ballast at -45, downforce on minimum, gearing around 168mph. Nurburgring is by far the easiest, despite a few mistakes I was already in the lead exiting Bergwerk.

Interesting one, Grand Valley was pretty hard as it took a few tries to get the car right, others were really easy. Tried the Cobra originally, went sideways everywhere and didn't win so I gave up on that. Instead I used the Ford GT40, 331hp, 200KG ballast at -45, downforce on minimum, gearing around 168mph. Nurburgring is by far the easiest, despite a few mistakes I was already in the lead exiting Bergwerk.

Using the Z29 '69 I won Trial Mountain easily (as most people probably will) thanks to the shortcut at the the last turn of the track. Also won Toscana after a couple of attempts and from learning the track. These two appear to be the easiest, but fortunately I don't think the other 3 will be "impossible" to win like a few of the seasonal races. When I say impossible, I mean for semi-rookies like myself.

December 6th really cannot come soon enough. I would literally pay a thousand dollars to get a copy of GT6 before Thanksgiving, so if anyone from Playstation or Polyphony is reading this please send me a message because I am 100% not kidding and will FedEx you a cashiers check ASAP!!! :gtpflag:

Well, I tried both Shelby's and the Stingray, and can only get 2nd. Only tried the first race 5 times now. Time to update my used car list, save to HD every 5th savegame, any buy any I may want before I continue racing.

I'm simply not good enough today for this. I was fishtailing too much for the 350R, but it looks like one of the better cars for the race. I never did like Mustangs for that reason. Anyway, ran it at 491 PP with all removable add ons except the blower. I might try it with the blower and turn on the traction control since I can't control its power, or add weight.

My preferred car of these is the Stingray. Anyone have a good setup for it? I suck at suspension tuning.

The Chaparral 2D can be tuned down to meet the PP limit. I was able to win all but GV where I have come within 3 tenths. I used the stock setup, full ballast too a 50 50 balance

Camber 2/1.5
Toe -0.15/.-0.05
BB 3/7
Shaved a bit off both downforce to make room to add a bit of HP

.Still tweaking in tiny bits but 4 good laps out of 5 should get the win, I need more practice 'cause 2 sub-par laps won't get it done.

Once I conquer GV I'll post my tunes.

Last edited:
Sweet. I thought the seasonals were done. What a great surprise.......XsnipX...................... but the Nurb wasn't one of the races and it's never "easy". .............XsnipX

I'm really happy to see this event - especially the Ring lapper; dang it - I'm going to take every piece of classic American muscle I can find in my garage and take it there.

Hopefully I find time to do the other races. Got to get those Golds, though. ;)

As for the prize car - already got one.

The Chaparral 2D can be tuned down to meet the PP limit. I was able to win all but GV where I have come within 3 tenths. I used the stock setup, full ballast too a 50 50 balance

Camber 2/1.5
Toe -0.15/.-0.05
BB 3/7

.Still tweaking in tiny bits but 4 good laps out of 5 should get the win, I need more practice 'cause 2 sub-par laps won't get it done.

I ran the 2D with full ballast left in the middle and set to meet the PP limit and didn't touch anything else and cleaned house in all events catching the rabbit by the 3rd lap.

I used the Ford GT mark IV 67 with a slightly modified praiano tune to start off with. Smooth sailing all the way through.

Edit: I could post the tune here later on if anyone is interested.

yay my fastest lap was a 1:08.946 in a 2D!

Should mention that its on grand valley :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Had a couple of laps in the '67 XR-7 - felt like I was in some old time American B-Movie involved in a furious race at the Ring. The AI have evolved considerably from Version 1.00 - though more technical in their moves, they are also beginning to show a bit of that aggressive humanness that the AI in S2 would show. However they don't remember transgressions; the penalty system does.
Lots of fun - so I'm heading back to the console after a GTPlanet break. I'm impatient to unleash the GT40 on those tight-lipped AI bastards, too.

Wow just won by more than 25 seconds on trial mountain! my fastest lap was 1:32.253! that may be the furthest i have ever won a seasonal from! THANK YOU 2D!!!

Like Dalone, I used the Camaro Z28 '69 that I used initially in TT#73. Was tight, but it got the job done at 'Valley. 👍 I'm glad to learn that it's the most difficult one, 'cos that Corvette rabbit was a real pain in the butt... :lol:

Fastest lap at route 5 was 1:32.231... not as fast as the other two races and i hate the track. still won by about 15-20 seconds

Camber 2/1.5
Toe -0.15/.-0.05
BB 3/7

Got 'er done! Still learning.
This was difficult for me but the tune eventually paid off with a win.
9hdEJK

This tune worked for the rest of the tracks but required care to maintain good control.
Cqncrz

This last tune was nice to drive & worked on all but Grand Valley East. With better skill on my part it might well do OK even there.
tsFTZw

These "Tune Sheets" are derived from the forms/images used by
praiano63, & likely others, with automation and data validation added for my convenience. Still a WIP.

Last edited:
Back