Clean Daily low HP races - GMT

  • Thread starter Thread starter asdfg11
  • 33 comments
  • 1,629 views

Vote for the car you would like to use


  • Total voters
    24
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little lunch time bump.

I went and bought the 07 swift just for testing I reckon it could make a nice little race :) Tuned to about 190hp using sportss tryes it it will spin the wheels fun fun
 
How about cars (and I know this souns crazy) without ANY mods? I've got a garage full of unmodded cars that I can't race because everyone online has them done up to the max. Whats wrong with racing cars that have only had an engine rebuild? Then at least you know everyone is using the same machine.
 
Which cars are you egar to race STIG_RS6? What sort of HP?

Oh and I would like to add the swift above was tuned with stage 1 and 2 weight and engine reduction, then ecu air filter exhaust intake and outlet manifolds so not MAX and still a nice drive tbh
 
If your interested in the swift

Suzuki swift sport '07

Body:
Weight reduction 1 + 2
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet

Engine
Sports ECU
Engine stage 1 + 2

Intake System
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter

Exhaust:
Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter sports
Titanium racing exhast

Drvetraub
Single plate clutch
Sports flywheel

Suspension
fully custmisable

Sports medium tyres

It went to 190hp (tiny bit of run in left it at 192hp) and 939kg



This is GTP--Apex's micra

ive built a Nissan March 12SR '07
weight reduction stage 1
carbon bonnet(any)
rigidity improvement
sports ecu
sports intake manifold
race air filter
titanium racing exhaust
sports catalytic converter
sports exhaust manifold
twin plate clutch
semi-racing flywheel
fully customisable supension/ sports medium tyres
144bhp 897kg is the stats i ended up with. front and rear aero and any choice of rear wing
 
Dude you know this is like mine lol
 
Imitation is the best form of flattery ;)

I dont mean anything by it, just after more races!

Hope I havent offended you in anyway mate
 
Dude you know this is like mine lol

Yea, but you dont do them daily, and i think your race is alittle more prestigious. Prices and rakings and all=)

I think what asdfg11 want is just an easy entertaining race, and im all for racing cars that are alittle more "for real".

Lets do some totaly stock racing :D

Another idea could be a "sub 20.000Cred race" Where you have just 20k to buy a car and tuning, you have to get the most out of it.
 
Imitation is the best form of flattery ;)

I dont mean anything by it, just after more races!

Hope I havent offended you in anyway mate

Lol im cool with the whole thing :) i see you want more races aswell, i would love to that but i have such a busy schedule with work and college that im only available thursday/friday nights 👍
 
Which cars are you egar to race STIG_RS6? What sort of HP?


Anything used and stock for example I've been grabbing all the classic euro road cars from the UCD, golfs, audi quattros, porches (RUFs),a lotus carlton, merc 190 evo, that sort of thing.

Wouldn't have to be a race with everyone driving the same car, just racing with cars arond the same power/weight. A bit of fun.
 
Totally stock cars will get very frustrating/boring/(insert downer here), especially if the chosen car comes with comfort tires. I think sports tires at the very least would be necessary for it to be fun. The above statement is not meant to include race cars, of course (they are rarely boring and come with racing tires anyway) and is just my opinion. There are probably GT5 racers out there somewhere that love sliding all over the place. Not me.

Suggestion: Everyone start out with the same car, spanking new from the dealer. Then give everybody one upgrade of their choice. (Some will choose a computer chip, or engine upgrade, or tires, or exhaust etc. but no oil change allowed at this time). Then have a race or two with this one upgrade. Next, everyone gets another upgrade, now totalling two for everyone still in the same car. More mods and more racing, etc etc. After 100 miles or so (?), the oil change would be allowed and is counted as an upgrade, and limited to one oil change for purposes of this tournament. Continue in this fashion until all modifications are applied or until people cry for a different car. EDIT: I just realized this approach would probably require the honor system -- people would be trusted to do just one mod at a time -- which could fail miserably seeing how some people behave online.
 
Last edited:
That would be a great idea DGXR, but as you noted people just wouldnt stick to the rules. I wish we could see a list of mods that each car is using in the lobby. Hopefully oneday improvements will be made to the online system which will open up doors like this. In the meantime telling people exactly what they can use or setting a max hp seems to be the only real alternative.


STIG_RS6, I am not sure how I feel about driving 100% stock cars inc tyres. If I was going to go to a real life track regualrly I would be getting little upgrades too air filter better tryes oil and whatever else. I think there could be a good compromise though somewhere in the middle. Where is the middle ground for you if any? I understand if your dream is to race 100% stock cars but I dont know if many others feel the same way
 
I would be up for this. Racing low HP cars allows for closer and cleaner racing.
 
I voted for the Golf! but really, anything above the Roadster is a must in my book 👍
 
STIG_RS6, I am not sure how I feel about driving 100% stock cars inc tyres. If I was going to go to a real life track regualrly I would be getting little upgrades too air filter better tryes oil and whatever else. I think there could be a good compromise though somewhere in the middle. Where is the middle ground for you if any? I understand if your dream is to race 100% stock cars but I dont know if many others feel the same way

Fair enough, tyres are a given as well as oil change/engine rebuild, I just want to race cars I wish i was old enough to drive when I was growing up lol.

Middle ground for me? Anything realistic I suppose. I'll look at this way, if I owned car XXXX in real life and took it to a track day, what would I change?
Things like weight reuduction, fully tuneable gear boxes, fully adjustable suspension are not (in my view) realistic.
 
I'm interested. Especially in the "clean" matter.
I don't care of the car, but I just want to say the CR-Z is so ugly that I would never, ever, save and watch any replay. :)

EDIT: What will be the racing time BTW? I mean, if you're on the other side of the world it'll be hard to be there.
 
Its quite interesting the Alfa has had so much interest, I will have to buy one today see what the fuss is about.

I am in the UK and yesterday I had a low hp clean room running on and off all day lampadione.

STIG_RS6 in my view weight reduction is a zillion times more realistic than an engine rebuild lol one of the first things I would do is rip out the spare wheel and back seats tbh. But nayway as I mentioned above yesterday I had a 160(ish) hp room open most of the day so your more than welcome to come drive your standard cars :)

I was actually quite shocked at the amount of people that came and joined in, and the level of racing was really high. I only got rammed once and it was partly my fault for running a different line to the rest of the grid.
 
Room open for a clean mess around:

<closed>

740kg min
147hp max
sports soft max
full damage
 
Last edited:
I'll add you an drop in some time.
 
Had a we blast around in a old golf gti and a 106 both standard quite fun tbh lol. Not even an oil change
 
I might be interested in this, what times are you looking to host the races?
 
I might be interested in this, what times are you looking to host the races?

If your interested in low hp, drop by now and bring something with you to drive. Got a lobby open in the first topic.
 
Nice and fun lobby.
Plus, dirty drivers are actually kicked, which is good.
 
Added you to psn you were constantly the quickest there nice work :)

So it seems once HP goes to 197 all the ramming zombies join. I will keep that in mind next time.

Lobby is currently closed thanks all who came
 
Add me please. I'll be interested in this.
 
Will do sir, going to make a lobby in a couple of hours from now. With say a 160hp limit.
 
hey this sounds like fun i would to join but i,m in australia and the time difference can be a bit of a bummer. there has been a lot of series online that i would loved to join but they are played like 12 noon on a monday (work) , or 6 in the morning.

i could commit to a daily race if it suited. what time are you planning to open a practice room? It's 10.30pm now, but i might be tempted to stay up

Evan
 
count me in. what time???
 
I like this, What times GMT would it be ?
 
In a few mins mate... turning on my PS3 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back