can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk63.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by rpanico14:

"Whether its clipping an apex, seeing your favourite supercar on the street or making the perfect overtake. I want you to capture a moment where time appears to have stopped. A moment of exhilaration, a moment of beauty or a moment of nirvana.

I want this theme to be fairly open, and please can you include a short sentence that summarises your photo.

Have a look here if you need some inspiration.

A bit off topic but for me this is TopGear at its best, and I wish they'd produce some more films like this one."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtpapmcediting02.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

FINAL ENTRY

Downshift into Schwedenkreuz by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

"The engine roars and shouts as you fly down the track.
There is too much ahead, so you can't look back.
The sun starts to set at the end of this day,
giving you a sight and experience that takes your breath away.
For this might be the last of the days,
of the legendary V12 Lamborghini.
But when we take a look back,
we surely will find,
that the legend isn't dead,
it will live on the walls of kids around the world,
and will always find a way to make us dream."
- Musical_Artist(a.k.a.-not using my real name)

I am not great with poetry, but I tried to write something myself to fit the photo.

I'm glad I could use some of the awesome Lamborghini photos I got from last night. :D

This is the first time I ever was able to capture a clean backfire on GT5. So it was a pretty amazing moment for me.

I didn't feel like taking the GT5 logo off, I am not good at that level of detail work, and it would've probably mess the photo up.​

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Feel The Rush by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

I'm glad I could use some of the awesome Lamborghini photos I got from last night. :D

This is the first time I ever was able to capture a clean backfire on GT5. So it was a pretty amazing moment for me.

I didn't feel like taking the GT5 logo off, I am not good at that level of detail work, and it would've probably mess the photo up.​

nice pic 👍 same photoshoot as the CCCL? lol

Final Entry

We all know, driving this car feels like going back in time.
But when you get overtaken by another, it feels like time nearly stands still.

Thats how I imagine it to be irl.​

Final Entry (Changed)

You know the moment when you see such beautiful scenery, you mouth 'wow'?
The moment when you feel a tingle in a special way?
The moment when you see something so beautiful, you just want to stare and do nothing?
The moment when time just... stops?

Last edited:
Final Entry

That looks brilliant.

Final Entry

This is class!! 👍

That single nanosecond. You tap the brakes, you're thrown forward and side to side as the 600hp bull bucks on the chicanes. Your body tenses, your mind races to make the correction to the steering wheel. Either you'll make it or you won't.
Final Entry
"Excitement x Fear"

Final Entry

This is what i first thought when i saw the picture: OMFG, How on earth can a pic be more awesome?

Final entry

"Timeless moments are those to cherish, Timeless places are those to marvel at ; for it is the Eiger that will, without moving, stand the test of time"

Beautiful work Mitch, GTuned and TVR. Just beautiful. And Jedi Rage - great job isolating the color of the road/dirt. Nice homage to Lord of the Rings as well. ;)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

We all know the feeling. It's the first lap. You're desperate to make progress early on. A gap appears, seemingly wide enough for your car. You poke your nose down it. And it disappears. What fate awaits you - safety, or the wall. For that one moment, time stops still...

Click for Lightbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back