CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 32

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 263 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will end up as one of the most epic polls in GTP history :lol:

Good luck mitch! :P

I'm doomed :/

Man if you think that I'm royally screwed. Haha.

And DoubleH's 320i shot would be enough to fool me! I love shots where you forget about how crappy standards are. Best standard shot I've seen in a while.

Eh, dude, sorry, but if there is one problem in GT5 is that the wheels and everything that is in dark shadows in the cars is always toooo bright. You do real photography too, you know that a wheel under full shadows would NOT be so bright in it's lightened points. It GLEAMS. The wheels pop at me and try to rip my eyes off. Same with the sideskirts or whatever the Miura has in there. It's almost white.

Everything else is very good, the car -of course- angle, composition, but that error in GT5s processing is really apparent.

That is why I never shoot counter-light, I always try to have the sun in my side, GT5s light processing is very strange. And well, I always do it in real life too.

My 2c...

I generally agree on the fact that GT5 photomode is quite strange with some counter-light effects.

But you can't exclude the fill-in technique in real life to obtain such identical results (even if it's not as bright and perfect as in photomode) on car's rims for instance. Check this and that.

Which is a shame in my opinion in photomode is that we can assume the fill-in is not a real strobist technique in the game but a poor counter-light management.

Beside that I don't find that Grand Prix's rims are too bright on his contribution.

Thanks very much for the feedback and criticism guys. 👍

.... a final roll of the dice :scared:. My second and final effort......decided to keep it simple.

new...final entry

^best appreciated with a 'click'^

Nice CCShaft7. 👍 I just finished a shoot with that car for this comp which I decided to go with it because it's a car noone else had used (if fact I don't even recall seeing any pictures of it anywhere).
So then what happens? You post one! :ouch: :lol:

Nice CCShaft7. 👍 I just finished a shoot with that car for this comp which I decided to go with it because it's a car noone else had used (if fact I don't even recall seeing any pictures of it anywhere).
So then what happens? You post one! :ouch: :lol:

what can I say?....... ooops :guilty:

my advice would be to go with what you've got 👍 I'm sure you've got some beauts :sly:

Man if you think that I'm royally screwed. Haha.

And DoubleH's 320i shot would be enough to fool me! I love shots where you forget about how crappy standards are. Best standard shot I've seen in a while.

In all honesty I think his entry looks significantly better without post processing. I favor the original.

Oh please god, not moglet and spark :(

I don't have the time to take a new shot and none of my existing ones are realistic enough for this, so consider me out.

RG,Gtuned,Tangeled Web ,Spark and Sprite still haven't entered .Sad we didn't see Mog's crack at this

Is anyone having troubles viewing my full size entry? I keep getting a security popup when I click it. I can get to it but... :crazy:

EDIT: Seems to only be with IE, which I don't normally use. Another reason to hate the darn thing. :yuck:

Last edited:
Well...Here's my attempt. Have a look at the full image for best effect.
Final Entry

Last edited:
Wow DOuble H's GT4 work in his Flickr account is astonishing .I think we might have another Great Compettitor here.

Please edit out your original entries when changing them, guys, as it can be really confusing for both the judges and I, especially when we're wading through 100 entries...

sems4arsenal
Wow DOuble H's GT4 work in his Flickr account is astonishing .I think we might have another Great Compettitor here.
SVX
Link please?

Just had a look myself and they are fantastic, makes me want those GT4 photo travel locations in GT5.

@SVX just click on his picture in this thread, then on his name at his FlickR account and then on Sets to get to his GT4 set. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back