CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 32

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 263 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed Final Entry

Click to Enlarge​

challenge-accepted.png

The standard of photo's in here is just incredible! Well done mitch, it seems you've bought the best out of everybody with this one 👍 I think several of the pics so far would have won other weeks easily.......

Edit: I'm still waiting for ceiling_fan I know he's going to smash it as well, and a couple of other people.

I did enter ;) Even though I really rushed the editing, I personally thought it was one of my best pics and very realistic, but nobody really responded to it :lol: And Rev crushed me anyway ;) Another thing is a lot of my pictures in my gallery are HDR's and are ineligible. Like this. Oh well! :)

I'm hoping Tangled Web or Moglet will drop by. Spark_GTP would do well but he doesn't do comps I don't think.

Last edited:

Eh, dude, sorry, but if there is one problem in GT5 is that the wheels and everything that is in dark shadows in the cars is always toooo bright. You do real photography too, you know that a wheel under full shadows would NOT be so bright in it's lightened points. It GLEAMS. The wheels pop at me and try to rip my eyes off. Same with the sideskirts or whatever the Miura has in there. It's almost white.

Everything else is very good, the car -of course- angle, composition, but that error in GT5s processing is really apparent.

That is why I never shoot counter-light, I always try to have the sun in my side, GT5s light processing is very strange. And well, I always do it in real life too.

Eh, dude, sorry, but if there is one problem in GT5 is that the wheels and everything that is in dark shadows in the cars is always toooo bright. You do real photography too, you know that a wheel under full shadows would NOT be so bright in it's lightened points. It GLEAMS. The wheels pop at me and try to rip my eyes off. Same with the sideskirts or whatever the Miura has in there. It's almost white.

Everything else is very good, the car -of course- angle, composition, but that error in GT5s processing is really apparent.

That is why I never shoot counter-light, I always try to have the sun in my side, GT5s light processing is very strange. And well, I always do it in real life too.

My 2c...

I generally agree on the fact that GT5 photomode is quite strange with some counter-light effects.

But you can't exclude the fill-in technique in real life to obtain such identical results (even if it's not as bright and perfect as in photomode) on car's rims for instance. Check this and that.

Which is a shame in my opinion in photomode is that we can assume the fill-in is not a real strobist technique in the game but a poor counter-light management.

Beside that I don't find that Grand Prix's rims are too bright on his contribution.

Am I the only one who thinks Double H's shot is a real one :odd:

Oh and Pato great shot

The only thing that suggests it could be are the headlights, but the surrounding environment in pure gt5, no?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it's from GT5. Here's the original.

EDIT: gtsteviiee, that is gorgeous!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: .I feel stupid now :grumpy:

But Double H compliments to you wow I don't think there is a soul out there who would say that is a game.(what the comp is all about)

The only shot that can compete with Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back