CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 6

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 281 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
imo the rules should be without any PC - MAC help it´s still a ps3 game and only the ingame features should be allowed, it´s not quite fair for those who can´t afford photoshop ...

cheers

That's what the other competition is for. Photoshopping is the core of the Advanced comp. The question here is how, or if the Advanced Competitions should incorporate graphic designs.

nanabu, on that note, there is another competition for photos that don't allow editing outside of the game.

The question of graphic art in photos hasn't really come up for me before now (although I understand it did come up last week) so I hadn't really considered whether it'd be allowed or not. I agree though with the point that this is a photography comp so any retouching should really go into enhancing what is already in place.

TBH my intentions on my image wern't to make it graphic looking but I was messing about with ideas and liked how it looked, and again hadn't questioned the rules on graphic design only the tools allowed (which are within guidlines).

Understandable Shef, I definitely see where you're coming from, and why you did what you did. It just brings up an interesting discussion. I'm glad to hear you agree, and I realized what you've done is well within the tools guideline, which is why I'm for keeping it in this week. The rules changing in the future shouldn't have a bearing on what's submitted today :).

Another thing I'm going to implement starting today, to keep us on a good schedule; if I have not heard from the judge by midnight EST on Sundays, I'm closing the competition and starting the next week's up. I'm not sure if Nicknamealguem will follow with this for PMC when he returns, but I think it's a good idea, just to keep things chugging along (it helps me prepare the front-page weekly article, too).

nanabu, on that note, there is another competition for photos that don't allow editing outside of the game.

The question of graphic art in photos hasn't really come up for me before now (although I understand it did come up last week) so I hadn't really considered whether it'd be allowed or not. I agree though with the point that this is a photography comp so any retouching should really go into enhancing what is already in place.

TBH my intentions on my image wern't to make it graphic looking but I was messing about with ideas and liked how it looked, and again hadn't questioned the rules on graphic design only the tools allowed (which are within guidlines).

I agree, im my photo all i did was enhance the color because for some odd reason in gt5 it gets light out while your taking pictures at night. i dont even own photoshop, i had to do it at my highschool. lol:dopey:

I think thats a very good idea slip. umm, so the link will be on the homepage? i dont want to have to search thru the forums for a long time to find it.

Just reading through the last page or so; maybe we should bring back the Cover-art competition, for fictitious magazine covers, or CDs, and posters. Like the short-lived GT4 comp. was.

Or the full-on photoshop competition, where you could edit in outside stuff, like explosions, things like that.

So I have read through most of the discussion. This is probably a little too "photoshopped" but i feel the gradient used is "ferrari" so we shall see. If its too much feel free to ignore it. Alot of great shots so far.
FINAL ENTRY

this should be a 500pix preview. Click for full size.

Suzy - So, can I take this as you throwing your hat in the ring? We do need a judge if one of the old Photoshop-heavy comps makes a return :P. Head on over to the Competition Discussion thread 👍

Aaron - Much like this article to cover this week, I will be writing an article for the next round of both entry threads and polls. Also, your shift key seems to be broken, you'll want to start typing properly :)

Crettis - Modifying the colours of shots is allowed; what you've done is essentially taken the in-game Warm filter to extreme lengths, is how I look at it anyways. Though not my cup of tea, gradients have been very successful in the past, during GT4 days (user 440 Charger made them his signature style, for example). However, Chromatic9 started sifting through the entries almost 2 hours ago, so I don't know if you made it under the wire or not. If not, feel free to hold onto the image for another competition 👍

Slip have you removed a post?

I had a list in post order and double checked them then I try to narrow the entries down to 20 each and about half way through the thread the post numbers have dropped one number on many pics.

edit from about page 5 a post has gone

Slip, you should let me know when you decided to add the post back in. I already adjust most of them after you remove it and PM'd me. :irked:

Last edited:
Oh dear. Was cleaning out a spam-happy member's empty posts, and didn't even think about the effect it would have in here.

Please tell me I haven't caused another issue :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back