CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 6

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 281 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Try to mess with your text's blending option, or engrave it onto the picture. It looks out of place, like someone passed by and decided to write scribbles on a poster.

Final Entry

Thought I would enter as I haven't been in a photomode competition on here since GT4. Hope you like it.

Click For Larger Image

FINAL ENTRY

Rome2.jpg

FULL SIZE:http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/fireant14/Rome.jpg

That is epic

Also, I still have to resize and repost mine haha

So, thought I'd give it a tr..... *speechless upon seeing masterpieces in the thread* Uhm.. nevermind *walks away, but accidentally drops a picture*
FINAL ENTRY

Final Entry

A little unfinished but wanted to get it into the comp on time.

Last edited:
would an admin of the competition be able to tell me whether this image fits with the guidelines and will be accepted in the competition please so i have time to get a new image in?

Thankyou

I dont think so..

You must submit an entry with a clear side chosen. Not both.

I cant tell who you've chosen...same with RT*//

Final Entry

A little unfinished but wanted to get it into the comp on time.

Er... is this REALLY from GT5? I´m not intending to bother you but it looks more like a Wallpaper you found on Google...

FINAL ENTRY . no post-GT5 touching needed .

2 Lambo's and 1 Ferrari hittin' it hard on ravishing Cape Ring!

full size here: http://img703.imageshack.us/i/ferrarivslambocaperingw.jpg/

Did you read the rules? You had to pick one side (Ferrari OR Lamborghini), not both!

*Peaks in and slips his image on the table*

Final Entry

*Slips out of the way*

I really like those two 👍

I'm going to allow it this week, but for the future... I feel like this (and GT5photographer's LFA shot from last week) are almost taking the Photoshop stuff too far. They may follow the rules posted in the first post, but I don't know if they really follow the spirit of the "Photography" aspect, since it's more graphic design work at that point. That said, it's still a cool image 👍. Thoughts? This is only my personal opinion, and I want to hear from the community first and foremost :)

Anywho, Chromatic9 has been PM'd about picking the Top 20's from both sides. Anybody who hasn't bothered reading the first post rules and has submitted an entry that doesn't comply... you've got limited time to fix that. And poor Chromey's got his work cut out for him; there are tons of quality entries this week, on both sides!

WOW there are a lot of people unable to read the rules.. or at least abide by them.. Jeez.

I don't think we ever had this much of a problem with the GT4.

I'm going to allow it this week, but for the future... I feel like this (and GT5photographer's LFA shot from last week) are almost taking the Photoshop stuff too far. They may follow the rules posted in the first post, but I don't know if they really follow the spirit of the "Photography" aspect, since it's more graphic design work at that point. That said, it's still a cool image 👍. Thoughts? This is only my personal opinion, and I want to hear from the community first and foremost :)

I agree that it's more graphic design than photography. But at the same time, since the pictures are selected by the previous winner, the discretion of how much photoshop is allowed could be chosen by the theme selector when they select which images make it through to the voting round. With that being said... I still think we should have some rules that limit how much graphic design and how much photography should be involved. Maybe this could even be set by the theme selector person?

I feel like when you are preparing to snap a picture for the competition, you should take the picture how you could, or may enhance the scenery of the picture later in photoshop. Not necessarily creating a new background. It has very many amazing scenery and locations to display and I think showcasing not only the cars but also the locations should be what the competitions should be about, not how much you can alt

But that's my opinion as well. I'm not even in the competition this week

I personally think the only graphics that should be allowed is a signature.

Should be very interesting when the polls go up.

SlipZtrEm. noted. (I'm guessing you were talking to me?)

Thoughts;

I always wanted to see more graphical work in this comp...

I guess though from a photography POV, graphic is the wrong angle.

Another comp maybe? (although it does take quite alot of time to do so probably not enough intrest to warrant another GT5 PS comp)

Thoughts;

Another comp maybe? (although it does take quite alot of time to do so probably not enough intrest to warrant another GT5 PS comp)

I think for the most part it should be very photography related. But I would have nothing against a graphic competition

I personally think the only graphics that should be allowed is a signature.

Should be very interesting when the polls go up.

Hmmm, that's more or less what I mean, the majority of the image should be a photo from GT5. Perhaps I'll need to have a think about the rules, specifically, not so much which tools are allowed, but what can really be done post-processing...

I think for the most part it should be very photography related. But I would have nothing against a graphic competition

Yeah, that's all I meant by that, focus on the photography 👍

Thoughts;

Actually, you'd probably find there's a good amount of interest for something more graphic-work-related 👍. Head on into the "Competition Discussion" thread and we can hash out some ideas, because I know of at least a few people who would like to see that return :)

(EDIT) - Woops, missed a quote on the last page:

I agree that it's more graphic design than photography. But at the same time, since the pictures are selected by the previous winner, the discretion of how much photoshop is allowed could be chosen by the theme selector when they select which images make it through to the voting round. With that being said... I still think we should have some rules that limit how much graphic design and how much photography should be involved. Maybe this could even be set by the theme selector person?

The problem with having the Photoshop rules change every week is it creates a lot of extra work, plus we could have people not very familar with photo-editing potentially give people way more freedom with the editing than they planned ;). I'd like to keep the same hard rules in place each and every week, but like I mentioned above, I may need to go about changing how they're worded in the first post. Ideally, the "core" elements should be present, and nothing added (or subtracted). The Photoshop rules are afterall carryovers from the GT4 competition, and we knew there'd have to be some changes along the way; they were made to accomodate curved/rig blurs (now ably done in-game for us), vignetting (which I'm still all for), and cleaning up the messy textures and jaggies of GT4 (also minimalized with Premiums in GT5, and sometimes not even needed with Standards either if you get the right type of shot). Oh, and we allowed the enlargement of rims... something I also wouldn't mind the community's opinion on now that we're in GT5, and it doesn't give us the option to up-size (whereas GT4 at least did a +1 sizing when you bought racing tires).

Last edited:
IMO, if you keep allowing the graphic design, it could overwhelm the competition. But, in the same right, I didn't vote for the LFA pic, nor will I probably vote for that lambo shot, despite both of them being fantastic. There is just that much talent being thrown around here, and the pics without graphics are hard to beat.

Tough call really. I would say make it a variable rule, as chosen by the judge.

Edit: It is nice to see the two styles compete.

I think that graphic design is the wrong word. The correct word would be photographic manipulation.
No one is really doing grafix here they are editing photos. So that entails using Photoshop lightbooth or whatever software. However every picture we see in the media or magazines is "photoshopped" nowadays. It is an essential part of the process of photography. However not every body chooses it. But the ones who don't are becoming few and far between.
However I do agree there needs to be solid rules in place for what aspects of it you can use, however monitoring this may be very difficult.

imo the rules should be without any PC - MAC help it´s still a ps3 game and only the ingame features should be allowed, it´s not quite fair for those who can´t afford photoshop ...

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back