CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 9

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 186 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
These contests are a bit tougher than I thought - not only is the competition extremely good, but I'm so used to working with HDR and exposure blending that to work with just one exposure was... well... limiting. :banghead:

Still, I figured it was about time I threw my proverbial hat into the metaphorical ring... so here is my

FINAL ENTRY

Before you ask, the answer is yes - this was a single exposure. But you don't want to see how many curves and other adjustment layers were thrown on top. :crazy:

I'll probably crank out an HDR version of this for my gallery, just to see... but for now, this'll do.

i think im gonna have to sit this one out.. these entry's are incredible.. good luck guys.. including mog who unfortunately has to weed through them.

Now those ol' Duke brothers better hurry if they're gonna get the shine to the Hazzard county line in time.

Final Entry

DukesofHazardJump-1.jpg

Yeee... Haw... Original

It's my first attempt at a retro TV look, and I definately I couldn't help myself to add a Dodge Charger jumping the dirt trails in the woods.

looks like we had the same idea, it just sucks i didn't get to upload mine first. nice shot

Adding dirt to an image can't be done by using layer properties alone, unless you want it to look completely mad! There has to be a line drawn somewhere and I think that allowing the 'Noise' filter should be more than enough to make it look aged.

However, due to the fact that a lot of entries are in already, it might be a good idea just to allow it for one week only due to the theme. I'll wait to see what Slipz says though. It would be a shame to see entries such as the 2CV being disallowed because of the aged effect.

For the sake of the theme, and as Moglet pointed out, the amount of time we're already into the week, I'll allow aged effects on images for this week, and this week only. After this, noise will be your only choice, at least for the immediate future.

Keep them coming 👍

Adding dirt to an image can't be done by using layer properties alone, unless you want it to look completely mad! There has to be a line drawn somewhere and I think that allowing the 'Noise' filter should be more than enough to make it look aged.

However, due to the fact that a lot of entries are in already, it might be a good idea just to allow it for one week only due to the theme. I'll wait to see what Slipz says though. It would be a shame to see entries such as the 2CV being disallowed because of the aged effect.

For the sake of the theme, and as Moglet pointed out, the amount of time we're already into the week, I'll allow aged effects on images for this week, and this week only. After this, noise will be your only choice, at least for the immediate future.

Keep them coming 👍

Thanks guys,

Final Entry

How much more retro could you get than pop art amiright?

just to be clear I've only used these out of the list.

* Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
* Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
* Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
* Remove the GT watermark.

Keep them coming 👍

thanks! Was scared that mine wouldnt be counted! :)

small4.png

Unless you got a special Edition of GT5, I know i can't paint my Art Morrison Vette 2 Tone.

Yeah what I did was selected that area and then played around with the saturation and levels. I thought it was ok, but just re-reading the rules again that is probably classified under a body modification. I'll remove that for now. I might end up posting another one later.

Yeah what I did was selected that area and then played around with the saturation and levels. I thought it was ok, but just re-reading the rules again that is probably classified under a body modification. I'll remove that for now. I might end up posting another one later.

I know it's SlipZ call here, but I think that is allowed, since you didn't add anything from outside GT5, you just changed color in one single spot.

How would a texture be considered a shape or object? It's more or less a form of 2D bumpmap and can be done within the layer properties, depending.

I was referring more to visible and noticeable dirt marks or perhaps scratches applied to give an aged look, not a uniform texture applied to the whole image like a film grain.

Final Entry

I was looking for something a bit different, maybe a strange angle, whacky colours. as the rejects show and also the 40 plus other images on my HDD I was trying too hard :) but this quirky number fit the bill. Off angle with 70's colouring. Hope you like.

Final Entry

I was looking for something a bit different, maybe a strange angle, whacky colours. as the rejects show and also the 40 plus other images on my HDD I was trying too hard :) but this quirky number fit the bill. Off angle with 70's colouring. Hope you like.

Love the color on this one mate!

f i n a l e n t r y
Sunoco Camaro (Camaro Z-28 RM '69) @ Laguna Seca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back