*CLOSED * Back to school Drift Weekend! *CLOSED*

• Thread starter Bodyguard
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
London
xX-nilo-Xx
Hello all!

I am 'Nilo' and I am still in the education system, meaning that I will be going back to school this week. However, it will only be for a day and a half, so I'm not counting it as the official start of school. This means that the upcoming weekend is the last chance for a massive GT5 drift session!

I am thinking of hosting a few lobbies at around 23:00 GMT on Friday and Saturday for any drifters to join. The track will be decided from a vote, so we go where the majority wants, I have no say in it. I am part of Team Wolfpack, who will definitely be attending, however I am guessing that many other teams could come.

If you are part of a drift team, please recommend this to other members and if you're a lone gun, feel free to join! Who knows, you may get recruited...

These sessions will not be about recruitment though; they will be more focused on chilling out and drifting with experienced people. Alternatively, you could be helping a newbie learn to drift (although this is not necessary). This could be a great way for people in the drifting community to get to know each other, especially since I've seen many threads where new drifters are asking where all the GTP drifters are. In my experience, GT5 drift teams usually stay in private lounges, which makes it impossible to interact with new members. Hopefully this will change that, though.

If you're interested in joining, fill the following form out and post it below:

PSN ID:
Time Zone:
Drifting Experience:
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc):
Are you on a wheel or controller:
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one:

Hope to see you there!
Cheers, Nilo.

*Note, I will start off by hosting one lobby and if it gets full, I will get a friend to host another one. The more the merrier, so start filling the form above!

Last edited:
PSN ID: CallmeDan_
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Drifting Experience: I'm not the worst, but I'm not the best. I'm in between. But leaning towards the newbie side, but I am experienced. Also, I don't know how to tandem, so I'll move over for incoming drift trains.
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): Mostly European, but I like cars from every country in GT5 (Except the Premium Mustang!)
Are you on a wheel or controller: Controller
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: None.

Glad to hear you're coming! I'll add you now.

Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): Mostly European, but I like cars from every country in GT5 (Except the Premium Mustang!)

^ You need to talk to the Wolfpack leader, he hates the premium Mustang too :lol: His team car is the standard one though, so perhaps you should try that...

PSN ID: RSM-Eric1512
Time Zone: EST
Drifting Experience: Ive drifted on GT5 since day one but I have drifted on many games before.
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): Anything that is not AWD or FF
Are you on a wheel or controller: G27
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: I am leader of RSM (RedSuns Mafia)

I hope I can make it! depending on the time I may be in work or school myself, we always have people on, so I'm sure someone will join.

Thanks Eric, glad to see RedSuns will make it! I'll add you now.

I don't think Wolfpack have drifted with RSM before, so that should be interesting...

PSN ID: FlyPurple
Time Zone: GMT London
Drifting Experience: I've been drifting since day one, always loved using CH tyres.
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): JDM From 1985 onwards.
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: No team.

PSN ID: RSM-TheKitten
Time Zone: EST
Drifting Experience: Drifted in RFactor, GT4, GT5. Have been drifting for a long time. [RWD and CH is the way to go]
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): Both EDM and JDM Current Drift Car: E46 M3, as SC300 GS300
Are you on a wheel or controller: G27
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: RedSuns Mafia

PSN ID:Tanner350z
Time Zone: GMT
Drifting Experience:GT4, IRL.
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc): JDM for drift EDM for golfs and boras
Are you on a wheel or controller: DS3
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: not yet :(

Glad to hear you're coming! I'll add you now.

^ You need to talk to the Wolfpack leader, he hates the premium Mustang too :lol: His team car is the standard one though, so perhaps you should try that...

Thanks. I have tried the Standard months back, but I didn't know how to tune very well.

Glad to see Eric and Kitten participating too!

BayouSimDrifter
Since eric and kitten showing up I may make the time to make it. So possibly 3 RSM members will be there ;)

I'm sure shadow and shiro are up for a spin also. Depending what time maybe spank can show up, we can get a good many rsm in the room. :P

Since eric and kitten showing up I may make the time to make it. So possibly 3 RSM members will be there ;)

I'm sure shadow and shiro are up for a spin also. Depending what time maybe spank can show up, we can get a good many rsm in the room. :P

Sounds great! I'll keep that in mind, but I can't add you to the OP until you fill out the form, or at least confirm that you are definitely coming.

See you on the track!

PSN ID:big_noobowski924
Time Zone:Central US time lol, not sure of actual name for it
Drifting Experience: Lol, Little bit of a noob but good enough to get out of the way.
Favourite type of car (old JDM, new EDM, etc):the kind with a motor and a few wheels
Are you currently part of a drift team? If so, which one: Nope, too diverse of a driver to settle in.

Alright everyone, I'm making the lobby as we speak, see you soon.

Also, I was drifting with some of the Dori Overload guys today and they said they may join, so we've got another team that could attend. Join up when ready!

If i don't have to work i'll join you guys :D

PSN ID:RSM-Funkthehype
Drifting Experience: i'm not a pro, but i'm still getting better.
Favourite type of car : Everything that can go sideways
Are you on a wheel or controller: controller
Are you currently part of a drift team? RSM Family

If i don't have to work i'll join you guys :D

PSN ID:RSM-Funkthehype
Drifting Experience: i'm not a pro, but i'm still getting better.
Favourite type of car : Everything that can go sideways
Are you on a wheel or controller: controller
Are you currently part of a drift team? RSM Family

Sorry, this event was held last weekend, this thread needs to be closed.

Quick question though: if you're "not a pro", then how did you get in RSM? I thought they only recruited pro drifters? Just a thought, not trying to judge your drifting or anything as such. Who knows, maybe you are a pro but are just being modest :lol:

Im not a newbie as well, but when you want join a team, hang out with them first, meet the guys, always with respect and humble, most of the great teams here judge your attitude, then your drift skills, they are very good drifters, and can teach you how to drift and set hour cars up, but attitude is something that nobody can teach, i think that was the reason that i was invited to Join RSM Crew :)

That's sad, i was thinking that this event was happen every weekend... :(
But that's cool if you want add me so we can slide together

Psn ID: MCR-smokey
Drifting experience: been drifting on gt5 since day one, been on the wheel for around a year. Still not the best but practice daily.
Time zone: GMT
Favourite type of car: JDM
Wheel/controller: G27
Drift team: MCR

Last edited:
Back