• 149 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finland
Helsinki
atlop

week10header.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as chosen by Gtuned:

"Some amazing shots can be seen from inside the shaded areas, so I want to see some Italian Classics disrupting nature."

CAR: Ferrari F40

20rules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in
disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.

This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never used in another competition.
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry.
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text.
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly.
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either to it's full size.
  • Posts containing bigger previews than allowed, full sizes or links only will be ignored.
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image.
  • It's recommended the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr.
  • If you want your entry to have a link to your full sized image in the poll, make your preview a link to the full sized photo.
  • Only the best 20 entries will get through poll.
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition week ends.

editings.jpg

What you may not to do a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • Add effects that make the picture look something other than a photograph.
What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photo Travel shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

deadline.jpg

Monday 16.05.11

Last edited:
a F40 2.0 comp! hmmmm, that is going to be a nice one :)

also, congrats Gtuned.👍
That should alleviate your pain a bit for gettin knocked out so early in the Tournament ;)

Good luck by choosing thousands of F40 pics....:dunce:

edit: oh, maybe not thousands of entries, but surely alot. (Forgot that we already have thursday, haha)

Last edited:
I'm sorry for starting this week so late, I have some work related RL stuff going on. This week will be a bit shorter to get closer to normal schedule. But you still have the weekend before deadline so I hope you have enough time to take some amazing shots. 👍

Well well well this is going to produce an outstanding amount of droolworthy pictures :D And probably most of them will be inside the tunnel - including mine. With the debate over F40 colours in the 2.0 tournament thread I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of refreshing new paint here ;)

I got them. ;)

Now I need to decide if I take red, black, yellow or paint one new! hmmm...

Thanks to Moglet and Slipztream I may have a go at this one, I feel I'm getting the very basics of editing now, so I may give it a shot. Probably a bad week to start given the theme though :nervous:

Trust me guys, there are amazing pictures in the woodland areas. The haze, shadows and lighting just can produce some absolutely amazing pictures as opposed to the ever popular tunnel shots. And if anyone can tell me where you can get those whiteout backgrounds, you automatically get in*
*probably not, but please do tell me.

he lied!:odd: .... probably

no idea how to make that without editing! But disabuse us Tangled Web! :)

I would love to tell you guys, but I have to head out. Maybe later. :D

Love the theme, was wondering when the F40 was going to show up in here.

I got them. ;)

Now I need to decide if I take red, black, yellow or paint one new! hmmm...

Haha - I'm totally like that too. Got my favorite cars in different paint versions. Now with the F40 I'm going to buy one more just to experiment :D

And with the Ferraris it's good to have at least two versions. One for tuning and one untouched stock version just for the lovely sound of the original engine...

Would you believe I've never photographed the F40 yet! Time to get started then. :)

Only the weekend :scared: My brother has friends coming over and I might not be able to get on the PS3. Very nice theme though, hopefully I can get a chance to take some pictures 👍

Oh look another comp with a winning F40 shot ;)

I get back from vacation just before the deadline so hopefully I can whip out a stunner :dopey:

I think the white-out spot is on the small hill at the beginning of the straight...? At least you can isolate the car with only the sky in the back - which gets almost white with the right angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back