CLOSED: CCCL Competition: Week 10

• Thread starter atlop
  • 149 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it took only two days from YLOD to plug the Slim into the TV :) But I still cannot use my save games as long as I cannot sign in to PSN... luckily both the F40 and Deep Forest were available in Arcade mode so I was able to enter :) Hopefully PSN is back on soon.

But what´s even worse... I have 192 pics on my Flickr account which has a limit of 200. :yuck: See the problem? And no, I will not pay 50 bucks for a pro account.

But what´s even worse... I have 192 pics on my Flickr account which has a limit of 200. :yuck: See the problem? And no, I will not pay 50 bucks for a pro account.

its $50 for a two year pro account, one year is $25

Hmm I don't know if I'm going to change my entry but I feel like going for another round in the F40 tonight ;)

PS: congrats with the new PS3 Wallbreaker :D

Hmm I don't know if I'm going to change my entry but I feel like going for another round in the F40 tonight ;)

PS: congrats with the new PS3 Wallbreaker :D

Thanks :D But I´d rather like to know if you like my entry :P

@ wallbreaker - I really like your entry this week. I have a hard time taking vertical pics for some reason so I rarely ever take them. But after seeing your entry I think I will have to try and expand my horizons... vertically:)

Also I was wondering if my entry shows enough of the track or not? It's at the top of page 2. I might go ahead and change it if it is a questionable entry.

Heh, yes I do :D And it's one of the reasons I'm thinking about changing my entry ;)

Good to know :D

@ wallbreaker - I really like your entry this week. I have a hard time taking vertical pics for some reason so I rarely ever take them. But after seeing your entry I think I will have to try and expand my horizons... vertically:)

Also I was wondering if my entry shows enough of the track or not? It's at the top of page 2. I might go ahead and change it if it is a questionable entry.

Thanks. I don´t take that much vertical photos as well. But this time almost half of the pics I was taking for this comp (23 I think :dunce:) were vertical. I was really having fun with the F40 under the trees in the first section of the track :) Maybe you can get some inspiration from it ;)

Your entry is pretty good but I think I´m the wrong man to decide whether you show enough of the track or not. If you asked me, I could tell you exactly where you took that shot from, besides it might or might not be the reason for not getting into poll. You never know ;) Maybe it´s got nothing to do with that, maybe it´s because of the composition, lighting, etc. It´s all up to the judges taste. I can only repeat quote the Mods: Have confidence with your entry :)

Last edited:
I'm still choosing my entry, but damn these picks all show what an incredible beautiful car the F40 is.

@wallbreaker: typical wallbreaker Entry! ;) Love it 👍

good to see you entering again. And you unlearned nothing though....:sly:

And I also feel the same like incendius. I'm not sure if my shot shows enough of the track:scared:
Well, we shall see....

hmm orange!? Never seen that before. Sounds interesting though, haha

Also, if anyone gets a matte pink F40:scared: in the poll, I'll donate a brand new F40 for those! ;)

I'm waiting for a "challenge accepted" :lol:

Thanks, I may just have to buy another and paint it orange as I like the sound of that very much, :lol: :D

Heh, this is why I'm at 750-ish cars; I own multiple copies of a bunch, because I like different colours. Also why I haven't bought many with PSN down; it makes it impossible to duplicate rare UCD colours for my painting needs. Through all of this painting, I've realized there's few colours that look outright bad on the F40. It's not Matte Pink like Mitch wants, but it is Viola Dino :D

F I N A L E N T R Y

(click for full-size)

Continuing the assault on the preconception that Rosso Corsa is only acceptable!

hmm orange!? Never seen that before. Sounds interesting though, haha

Also, if anyone gets a matte pink F40:scared: in the poll, I'll donate a brand new F40 for those! ;)

I'm waiting for a "challenge accepted" :lol:
I would totally do that, but I already used my matte pink on my prius lol

what the????
sorry for double post.:ill:

MetalBeerSolid
I would totally do that, but I already used my matte pink on my prius lol

well, now you have to. I'll send you one when PSN is back on. ;)
I'll expect a special set in your Gallery after it!:P

Heh, this is why I'm at 750-ish cars; I own multiple copies of a bunch, because I like different colours. Also why I haven't bought many with PSN down; it makes it impossible to duplicate rare UCD colours for my painting needs. Through all of this painting, I've realized there's few colours that look outright bad on the F40. It's not Matte Pink like Mitch wants, but it is Viola Dino :D

F I N A L E N T R Y

(click for full-size)

Continuing the assault on the preconception that Rosso Corsa is only acceptable!
Hmmm, that angle looks familiar. ;)

well, now you have to. I'll send you one when PSN is back on. ;)
I'll expect a special set in your Gallery after it!:P
Alright!

That reminds me that I have to make a gallery for myself.

NEW Final Entry

Changed my final entry once and for all ;)
Couldn't figure out what was wrong with my old pic,
but then I realized the car did not interact with the
surroundings too well. So I found a new brownish paint chip,
which has a really nice look in the forest. Hope you like it :)

Amazing how people color their Ferraris... For me every Ferrari has to be in either Rosso Monza or Scuderia :)

Oh no...just realized that I forgot to brush up the jaggies in the shadows...am I allowed to do that now?

Hmmm, that angle looks familiar. ;)

:D

I realized that, but the other potential entries all were lacking in the dramatic sense. I feel entries typically do better in comps if they're dramatic; be that dramatic in their minimalism or dramatic in their, er, drama, but the others just didn't pop as much.

Beautiful entry. 👍

@ Slip, thats a stunning pic, I like how it has the feel of an old film shot. Think you'll get my vote 👍

Thanks both :cheers:

Oh no...just realized that I forgot to brush up the jaggies in the shadows...am I allowed to do that now?

You already used up your week's change, Zam, unfortunately. Though in my opinion, they're very minor and don't detract from the image in any way :).

You already used up your week's change, Zam, unfortunately. Though in my opinion, they're very minor and don't detract from the image in any way :).

Okay I'll live with it ;) Good to know that it counts as another change. Don't know why I never learn to wait a little before I post my pics :ouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back