CLOSED FOR NOW (PS4)- AC Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge *Interest Check/Sign ups* for Fridays, 1pm est

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 18 comments
United States
Bel Air, MD
NOVA-0479
Passions-Arabia-Porsche-GT3-2.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup
Challenge series on PS4
*Interest Check*
-Every other Friday at 1pm est.
(should be around 6-7pm for our European friends)
-20 minute practice/10 min qualifying/45 minute race format.
-2017 Porsche GT3 Cup car, tuning allowed.
-ABS allowed, no other aids
-12 race series (approx 6 month series)
-Scoring and Standings sheet will be kept

Start Date and actual Race Dates will be scheduled once my requirement of at least 12 drivers are signed to the roster.

Tracks:
(no specific order yet)
-Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
-Imola
-Vallelunga
-Muguello
-Mangionne
-Nurburgring GP
-Barcelona GP
-Spa
-Monza
-Silverstone
-TBD
-TBD

To sign up, please reply here in this thread as shown below:

GTPlanet ID:
PSN ID:

Driver Roster

1.) llNovall/II-NOVA-II
2.) Wilo28/Wilo28
3.) RappythePro
4.) VapingGhost
5.) Xeixedo

Hope to see if this draws enough interest to start up.

Last edited:
It's a feeler for guys that might be off those days, work night schedule, or from European region. It's the only time I can make it work for my schedule as well. If it doesn't work, is what it is.

Test survey for a weekday night maybe?
I work nights Monday-Thursday est and wont be around. I'm off on Fridays and usually have time to race. Friday nights est are already tied up with my running (GTSport) Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and soon to start Lamborghini Super Trofeo series. Daytime est Friday is my only available opening even though I know it's not the most popular.

Last edited:
I work nights Monday-Thursday est and wont be around. I'm off on Fridays and usually have time to race. Friday nights est are already tied up with my running (GTSport) Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and soon to start Lamborghini Super Trofeo series. Daytime est Friday is my only available opening even though I know it's not the most popular.
You know, those series can be run in assetto, with better physics....;)

I honestly cant play GT after driving assetto.

For some reason, people love that game :confused:

It's easily accessible and actually driveable for those without wheels. I think that might have something to do with it.

It's easily accessible and actually driveable for those without wheels. I think that might have something to do with

You might be right. I happen to think people like it because its pretty. Either way lets get this series going.

Put me down as tentative, ill run on whatever days I can get off from work/ leave early.

I thought the same thing at first, but after finding wheel settings that have a very similar feel to one another I have been able to bounce back and forth and enjoy the aspects of both. Hands down, AC has the more detailed feel...you feel more road and surface details, and while gt has a sense of the tires loading up in a corner and can somewhat feel it, ac if felt very clearly. Also, a nice track selection.
On the other side gt is prettier, online is generations ahead and easy to jump into, the livery editor, is awesome, and gt physics feel good enough to seem real but forgiving enough to attract the larger audience. I love GTSport, one of my favorite titles of all time, but if I do get the want for more of a driving challenge from time to time I fire up ac. Til now most of my ac time has been spent hotlapping or running laps online at the tourist Nurb. My hope is to change this. Seems like a rekindled albeit quiet interest has sprung up for ac, especially among our European friends. My hope is that this series might attract enough of them given the time slot I am introducing to actually string something together.
Wilo28, thanks for putting your name down and if you know anyone from other series your race within ac, please put the word out. Catch you on your days off:cheers:

@llNovall are you down to rest today? I’m off today magically
Ah, I wish I could. My kids are both half day today and we have a bunch of Christmas stuff we need to do this afternoon. I hope to catch up with you at some point put down some laps.

Back