CLOSED: POLL: GT6 Photomode Tournament: Season 02 - PMC - Qualifying - Tiebreaker Required

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 41 comments

Which 32 will make it into the Tournament Rounds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw my shot, compared to the rest, I started to think I wasn't going to make it either. The lighting was too dark and you can barely see certain details thang shouldve ene able to be seen. But as time went on, somehow I got more votes. :eek: I didn't make it past the 30 votes mark, but as long as I'm through, I'm happy. :cheers:

Silver to sideline, I'm out. :ouch: Non-car shots involve huge risk, but that's become my competition nature! :P

No regret or apology, reward is much sweeter with risk, just comes less often! :sly: (maybe it was the square wheels?) :lol:
I am surprised and sad that entry #04 did not make it. Whoever created this piece of beauty and art deserved more votes. :(
Agreed. It was such a creative shot, it deserved to make it 👍
Appreciate that fellas and thanks to all who "got it", votes from accomplished photomoders carry big weight with me. ;)

Best of luck to the 32 that move forward to the knockout rounds!

:cheers:

First ever entry, tied for 4th on the first poll. Can't be too down about that.

The entry was actually an 11th-hour job from my archives, so I was taking a gamble with a picture that (in my opinion) wasn't all too good... but thank you infinitely to all who voted for me, I hope to come out all guns blazing in round 1! :mischievous:

Well I don't understand how I did not advance. I don't have too much constructivec to say so I just won't get in trouble here. I don't know, all the signs lately seem to be pointing that it might be time for me to take a good break from photomode, not to mention my never ending confusion with what you all are looking for in unedited polls.

Well I don't understand how I did not advance. I don't have too much constructivec to say so I just won't get in trouble here. I don't know, all the signs lately seem to be pointing that it might be time for me to take a good break from photomode, not to mention my never ending confusion with what you all are looking for in unedited polls.

I have an idea what it might be. The preview image really doesn't do justice to your picture. Theres quite a cool levels of detail when one checks the full size version. I believe - despite of the request by "officials", I'm pretty sure a large part of voters hasn't opened the previews to see the full picture..

Don't want this to come off the wrong way, but at least show a bit of humility. You're entitled to think you had a good shot, and just because it didn't make it doesn't mean it's bad of course, but coming into the thread and actually claiming you deserved to go through is pretty shallow.

Alex, I thought your shot was a really great one, I thought it was going to make it. Very surprised it didn't. But, there's always next time. As well, @Haitauer proves a good point there 👍

hsv
Don't want this to come off the wrong way, but at least show a bit of humility. You're entitled to think you had a good shot, and just because it didn't make it doesn't mean it's bad of course, but coming into the thread and actually claiming you deserved to go through is pretty shallow.

I didn't say I deserved to, I was saying I'm confused. Like I've been here a year now but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I can't find any frequency on what gets voted for in the polls either. Like when I think I have a good natural shot the filter one gets picked and when I think I have a good filter the natural gets picked; sometimes creativity related to the theme is accounted for, sometimes it isn't. More my overall confussion with what is classified as good and what isnt. Like I said, I've been here a year now and despite my rampant entering of comps, my only win was week 011, so there is clearly something I'm not getting here and the past year has proven that it doesn't seem to be coming to me. Therefore I think its time for me to step away from this for a while, but I never used the word deserved.

Are you saying that it would be better if everyone has edited their photos?
No, I'm saying that I seem to be more confused by what makes a good unedited shot than I am by what makes a good edited shot.

@GT_Racer22 @Haitauer I do apriciate that in sight and for my own sanity I hope you're right. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Alex, the voting can certainly seem to be a lottery sometimes for sure. I think the best approach is not to try chasing votes by following the voting trend so to speak but just try to find and develop you own style - what feels and looks good to you.
The main thing really is to enjoy yourself, these comps are really just for fun and if you're finding it chore and not enjoyable then by all means a break will probably do you a world of good.
I'ld love to see you stay around - I enjoy your images and company here but you need to do what's right for you.
If you do step away for a bit I hope you find your mojo and come back again.

:cheers:

Nato

Oh no, I'm in with the big boys now! :scared: Better start logging onto GT6 and actually start taking good pictures! :lol: I guess I was not alone in thinking I took a risk with mine; I feel I had much more interesting shots (not necessarily better ;) ) that I could have used. Alas, I look forward to competing more, whether in this comp or in others.

Good job to all those who made and it and here's to next time for all that did not. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back