CLOSED: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 10

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 103 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
👍
The plan was actually to have two other co-hosts for the three comps (PCARS2, FM7, GTS). Unfortunately, just before they all went live, both backed out. I say that without malice — real life could and should come first.

No other parties have expressed interest in helping with the hosting since. If anybody is interested, I'd be more than happy to receive a PM about it. But so far, there's been nothing.

I should also point out that there's no one-click approach to making the polls. For the GT Sport one in particular (as it's the busiest), it requires going through the posts of each finalist and grabbing the code, then adding it to the body of the post, plus populating the poll itself. This is also slowed down by people not following the methods listed in the OP for posting images; it happens with around 20% of the entries, if not more. Any other method — like using the "Upload a File" button instead of GTP's Media section — slows things down, as I then have to rewrite the code to have it display properly in a new thread.

Plus, with the expansion of the news page, an accompanying article needs to go out. That requires time and effort as well.

The next batch will be going live over the next day or so.
Much appreciate your work 👍 And I remember how slow it is creating the poll. Too bad you did not get help. I’d volunteer if not for some work related RL issues as well. Maybe after the summer I might be in position to do something if it would be needed but can’t make any promises. :indiff:

The plan was actually to have two other co-hosts for the three comps (PCARS2, FM7, GTS). Unfortunately, just before they all went live, both backed out. I say that without malice — real life could and should come first.

No other parties have expressed interest in helping with the hosting since. If anybody is interested, I'd be more than happy to receive a PM about it. But so far, there's been nothing.

I should also point out that there's no one-click approach to making the polls. For the GT Sport one in particular (as it's the busiest), it requires going through the posts of each finalist and grabbing the code, then adding it to the body of the post, plus populating the poll itself. This is also slowed down by people not following the methods listed in the OP for posting images; it happens with around 20% of the entries, if not more. Any other method — like using the "Upload a File" button instead of GTP's Media section — slows things down, as I then have to rewrite the code to have it display properly in a new thread.

Plus, with the expansion of the news page, an accompanying article needs to go out. That requires time and effort as well.

The next batch will be going live over the next day or so.

I think it also has to do with the format running for several years like this. It takes a lot of time and people have all different valid reasons to host, organize or not to. Has GTP thought about running this on InstaGram for example? Themed and tagged post?

I appreciate all the time and effort you guys have put in :cheers:

The TOP 30 has been choose. Good luck for those that are choosen and for those who don't, please don't get discourage by it!
We've plenty of competition coming!

I've join this competition since GT5 and it took me several competition to get my entry accepted and a year to get my first win. Just keep trying and improve. Heck, I'm still improving myself to be more better.

Cheers! :cheers:

Just a suggestion, maybe make the rules more strict and only allow one or two upload methods that make running the comp go smoother. Make your job easier. I'd love to help.out but work full time and have a baby on the way.

Just a suggestion, maybe make the rules more strict and only allow one or two upload methods that make running the comp go smoother. Make your job easier. I'd love to help.out but work full time and have a baby on the way.
My only "complaint" about the current system is that you can't just link the image from your in-game feed, unless I've missed a way to resize the image to fit within the rules. 3rd party image hosting sucks.

Sorry, but I couldn't help it... :P 👍

giphy.gif

Deadline
Friday February 16, 2018
=================================================== :gtpflag:===================================================​

Who's to say someone couldn't just start a poll here and there - whenever one feels like it? For example: "Hey, you have five days to post your best Lambo race photo (no scapes)?" Boom. Done.

Last edited:
I would post the next topic but I don't want to step on Slipz's toes. He just posted the new PCars 2 comp/poll yesterday so I imagine the GTS one isn't far off.

Edit: If you want something relevant to do while waiting for the new postings, maybe take a leisurely drive around some of your favorite circuits and appreciate some of the details in and around the tracks...

Last edited:
Umm...Hello? Where's the poll?

We've misplaced the "instant poll creation" button, perhaps you can point us in the right direction.

:rolleyes:

The other comps have gone up, and GT Sport's is coming in the morning. As I said before, this is a one-man job and other things, like ensuring the front page stays steadily updated, keep me tied up. Apologies to those who had to wait, and a thank you to those that could do so patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back