CLOSED: The GT5 Photomode Competition: Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal
Lisboa

mainbanner.png

wk6theme.png

Further explanation of the theme, in the words of polifonic:

"Share with us your creative photomode on snowy Chamonix and Alaska tracks. Cars must be white in color. Nothing much, nothing less."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Chamonix and Alaska
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Base color must be white; racing modifications allowed

rulesclassic.png

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• No other editing, besides resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode. Do NOT crop or add a border/signature;
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never used in another competition;
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text;
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly;
  • Link edit of the same entry won’t count toward entry change;
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either to it's full size;
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image - this includes crop, borders, text, etc.;
  • Posts containing bigger previews than allowed, full sizes or links only will be ignored;
  • We recommend the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme;
  • Only the best 30 entries choosen by the judge, will get through the Classic Poll Style; and 15 for H2H Poll Style.
  • Every fourth week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each poll faces off;
  • The judge cannot enter his own theme.

deadline.png

Last edited:
Hmmm, this is going to be interesting; the limitation on white cars is going to make it hard to get some good contrast in.

Any reason we can't touch Alaska in addition to Chamonix? :P

Remember that time I caught Lucky Seven fever?

Last edited:
Just so I don't wind up having to redo a photo.

Does the car have to be all white or can it have a design on it(like RM cars)?

:D sorry, didnt notice that alaska track, silly me..It will be a good addition.
@ Nicknamealguem, please add alaska

@Justin
base color of the cars must be white, racing modifications & any default stripe like on charger are allowed

again; sorry guys..im newby at this :nervous:

I found a car I wanted to use more.

Final Entry

It's even Chamonix White.

Alaska track has been added to the allowed tracks for this theme with the judge request (I always wanted to say this :P). :D

I am nick-naming this competition's theme as "Camouflage" lol

I am definitely entering this competition no matter what. Missed last week's, but gonna get a start on this one.

I am nick-naming this competition's theme as "Camouflage" lol

Should be called "whiteout". :sly:
Awww... well I had a few shots from Charmonix, but the car is yellow! :ouch:
Oh well, might need to think of something else then...

so, this is detrimental to my chances of winning, as its a standard car, but can I use the Strato's Rally car?
it's kinda white. . .
and green. . .
and a little red. . .

so, this is detrimental to my chances of winning, as its a standard car, but can I use the Strato's Rally car?
it's kinda white. . .
and green. . .
and a little red. . .

hi tupacrulez,
yes you can if the BASE color of the car is white. Racing modification are allowed.

cheers :)

I hope Nick doesn't mind, but... to celebrate the comps getting front page status (go easy on me, it's my first article!), I'm extending my offer to the winner of PMC this week as well as 2.0:

In-game prize for the winner! Currently undetermined car... but it will be something a bit rich...

:D

well, I took the "whiteout" theme to the extreme here.
lets hope it pays off, although I doubt it.
Final Entry

I tried for a shot where the headlamps were shining through the snow and they provided the only light, but as it turns out, GT5 correctly does the whole "brights are useless in snow" thing, and they just illuminated the haze and thusly he car was no more.
naturally, with standards ya can't turn off the brights and just have lows, so that kinda backfired.
definitely something to consider for a later gallery update though. hehe.

anyway, yeah. there it is.

Preview resized to 500px limit

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
this is my Mustang GT Premium in Performance white rallying in chamonix
its also my first entry to a photomode contest :) - full size pic can be seen in my pics thread

6fmk1y.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

chamonixwest500px.jpg

Here's my Mini Marcos at Chamonix West, enjoy!
Looks like I'm up against some professionals here, a lot of these entries are really good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back