CLOSED: The GT5 Photomode Competition: Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final entry

Click for full size

This is my first real attempt at using photomode, never used it in the previous games.

There are some excellent photos in this thread. Very impressive! 👍

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
snowwhitesmall.jpg

Full Image
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7014/snowwhite.jpg

Final entry

Click for full size

This is my first real attempt at using photomode, never used it in the previous games.

There are some excellent photos in this thread. Very impressive! 👍

As per rules:

No other editing, besides resize, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode. Do not crop or add any kind of text and/or signature;

many great entries so far 👍
for Flickr:
1. upload your image
2. go to your photostream, your recently upload image.
3. click 'Share this'
4. select 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'
5. select BBCode, make sure you choose the 'Medium 500 (500 x 281)
6. copy the code & paste it here.
7. done :D

To avoid disqualification, NO edit / photoshop besides resize.

cheers.

Last edited:
As per rules:

No other editing, besides resize, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode. Do not crop or add any kind of text and/or signature;

He is well within the rules. The ghost effect is part of the GT5 rally penalty system. ;)

I need to enter a competition sometime soon. I haven't tried much of photomode yet!

Well, I thought I would do a quick review of this thread:

wolfie210484, there is nothing wrong with your entry, but, if you want to provide a link to the full size, I recommend you to edit your post adding the full size link as well.

bmxmad, entry doesn’t comply with the theme, as per see. I recommend you to edit your post with a new entry, at least before Sunday.

Raito_CZ, nice trick in removing the sun in the preview ;), but, as per rules, previews should represent the full size image 100%, or in other words, should be resized versions of the full size. No other effects should be present, this includes cropping, add border, signatures, filters, etc.

Nato_777, you have to edit your link. Picture is not showing.

iced16, has it been mentioned, there is a sticky thread explaining everything or almost everything you need to know about competitions and how to post your entry in them. If you have any more question/doubts/concerns, feel free to send me a P.M.

dudeondacouch, as Ratio_CZ, you have to edit your preview, since it should represent the actual full size image 100%.

GeeTeeR, FINAL what? :P

mansonite, you probably would want to edit your preview image. It’s bigger than the 500px maximum allowed.

I’ve edited some of the rules:
[*]No other editing, besides resize and rotate , is allowed outside GT5 Photomode. Do NOT crop or add a border/signature;
I didn’t mention anything about rotate, but it is allowed. Not quite sure why you would anyway.

[*]Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either one to its full size;
Even though, that was not the intention, after re-reading the previous rule, it looked like previews should be, at all cost, linked to its full size, which it isn’t true. We recommend it though.

[*]Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image - this includes crop, borders, text, etc.;
Been more specific at what I mean by “effects”. Previews should represent a resized full size image by 100% and first rule doesn't allow anything but resize (and rotate), so...

[*]Only the best 30 entries chosen by the judge, will get through the Classic Poll Style; and 15 for H2H Poll Style.
Poll sizes have been increased to 30 (Classic) and 15 (each side of H2H poll).

As for now, keep the entries coming.

Last edited:
As per rules:

Sorry, didn't know we couldn't crop the preview. It now reflects the fullsize properly.

Thanks, and fixed. :sly:

Okay, I have a bunch of pics ready, now I just need to choose which I'll enter... but someone PLEASE tell me... How do I post a thumbnail and how would I resize the image if necessary? Also, my web filter blocks all of the major picture-sharing sites, so would something like Facebook be an appropriate way to host my picture?
Thanks! :)

Final Entry

Chamonix%20East.jpg

The Dodge is white, actual color name is white. Just like others have posted, the snow makes it look gray and in mine the extreme monochrome does it even more.

My entry looks like something Dodge may want to use in a print campaign, I may get a job out of this, lol. 👍 It is also one of the two vehicles I have or do own in the game. I guess that means I have owned some crappy vehicles. Come to think of it, I HAVE! HA

Last edited:
Driving in the snow is weird. two full laps at chamonix full in a stock STi '07 and i never got sideways. maybe i was being too cautious? :?

[empty space];4491220
Driving in the snow is weird. two full laps at chamonix full in a stock STi '07 and i never got sideways. maybe i was being too cautious? :?

Take off traction control, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back