CLOSED: The Photomode Competition 002

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 95 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Maybe we should encourage a budget of 30'000cr because people who got pre-order cars (such as myself) can "rack up the money" without worrying about buying new cars.
That's why my 2nd car was a Veyron :lol:

I had a million creds with the game

After the fit and a few races.
I bought the following in one stint.

MIRA TR-XX
S206 WRX
Tornado
22B WRX

If you go to your garage and sort the cars by date acquired and take a picture that may be enough to allow your entries to be vaild

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Please, everybody who has NOT done it yet, please read through the rules in OP... So many awesome shots, that will not be in the competition right now...

Take as example @Ronin387 post right here

+1 👍 .. I think I lost count how many entries didn't comply in the first rounds (probably understandable though with the so many new to competitions) and there are still several here in this thread.........the biggest most common mistake is previews being OVER 500px max <--------- hint, hint ;)

I'm expecting a lot of "why'd I not make poll??" when the first ones go up.

Mine is 640px but image shack doesn't offer anything that is closer to 500px.

There is small preview option which is 200px wide.

Based on a 1,920x1,080px image, imageshack has the following sizes for previews
Thumbnail is 125px
Small is 200px
Medium is 650px
Large is 1,280px

Last edited:
Mine is 640px but image shack doesn't offer anything that is closer to 500px.

There is small preview option which is 200px wide.

Based on a 1,920x1,080px image, imageshack has the following sizes for previews
Thumbnail is 125px
Small is 200px
Medium is 650px
Large is 1,280px

Use GIMP, very easy...

You can find it under:

Picture -> Scale

👍

I know how to resize, but that quite annoying having to rescale an image and upload the fullsize and the preview one.
Then having to mess with links makes it worse.

650px doesn't look all that big these days.

I know how to resize, but that quite annoying having to rescale an image and upload the fullsize and the preview one.
Then having to mess with links makes it worse.

650px doesn't look all that big these days.

Yes, but these are the rules...

It is not as bad as the full sized image on page 1 and I have had no complaints about 650px images

Regardless of that your shot won't be considered for the final poll....if you entered a 640px in week 1 it won't qualify either.......Rules is Rules I'm afraid.

You did make the CCCL poll last week @Grayfox but you had used the small thumbnail in your entry post so it was within the rules. Had you used a 640px preview it would not have been eligible.

Correct; once the poll limits are increased and I get them up, you'll be voting for Week 1's winner, who will in turn become the judge for Week 3 👍

To add to this, it's been this way since the very beginning of the GT5 iterations.

Will the poll be announced when open?

The polls will be in new threads and will be stickied while they are open - same as the CCCL & SS polls.

In all honesty, I rather like the Fit RS I used it all through novice and "b" class without tuning :D
but if I had the option of choosing my own first car, it would've been this:

FINAL ENTRY

First car PMC
by X_stream, on Flickr

'95 Mitsubishi GTO (NA)

I have made the polls in other ones with 650px

Never in PMC or 2.0; when I create the polls, I preview them - if all the entries don't line up, I simply remove any that are too big.

Thanks everybody for keeping on top of the rules; I expect a lot of newcomers over the next few weeks, and as this is an unedited competition, I figure more will be stopping in here to drop pictures - and are therefore more likely to overlook some rules. You folks minimize that 👍

I've yet to hear back from Jordan, so I'm going to go ahead and create the polls in a few hours. Sorry for the delay; they'll be split evenly in two per competition, with a 24h tiebreaker afterwards. There will be one catch, however; if there is a tie in any of the first round polls, all images will move to the final poll.

Final Entry

e3cp.jpg

hey im new to the fourms and to the website if i didnt do it right let me know i try read and understand how to post in fourms its just not easy lol im learning little by little this is only 2nd website ive used with it most time i just type but yea im good dude and can use all help i can lol thanks and happy be apart of the website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back