CLOSED: The Photomode Competition 010

  • Thread starter Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 61 comments
  • 5,345 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Messages
27,385
Canada
Toronto
Messages
NewAesthetic
Messages
SlipZtrEm
pmcheader_010.png

This week's theme in detail, brought to you by winner AidenNewman888:

"This should be simple enough....take a close-up of any car you want. Also, try to add some bokeh to the mix, if you want to."


CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Cars can be moving or static. Must be close-ups with optional bokeh.


pmc_rules-png.87103


Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 30. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 15-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

pmc_deadline-png.87104


02.18.14
[20.00 GMT]
 
Awesome TH! Had a similar idea but it wouldn't be able to stand up to that. :bowdown:
 
What in the world is that from?! I just can't get my head around this :odd:

Cool shot 👍

Thanks a bunch. The car is a Toyota 2000GT. Check out the detail on the side mirrors - it is something else.
 
Thanks a bunch. The car is a Toyota 2000GT. Check out the detail on the side mirrors - it is something else.
Boy I'd say! Time to finally buy one I guess. Could be very useful in future photomode comps. :sly: Unbelievable find :bowdown:
 
Boy I'd say! Time to finally buy one I guess. Could be very useful in future photomode comps. :sly: Unbelievable find :bowdown:

My best close up won me my first comp in the GT5. I will give you one hint to what it is - it never raced at Le Mans.
 
Last edited:
My best close up won me my first comp in the GT5. I will give you one hint to what it is - it never raced at Le Mans.
Just bought a gt and found the screw. Man you're right about the detail on this thing.

And wow with the other one, another stellar pic.

I thought when I saw the title of this comp "sweet I just took some good close ups last night"... hmmmm not like these. I gotta step it up now :ouch:
 
Just bought a gt and found the screw. Man you're right about the detail on this thing.

And wow with the other one, another stellar pic.

I thought when I saw the title of this comp "sweet I just took some good close ups last night"... hmmmm not like these. I gotta step it up now :ouch:

I have found that almost every premium car has one or two really neat touches. The '72 Europa has their race record on a special plaque, the Dino has a really cool Pininfarina badge. Hell, the 8C Competizione has custom luggage. Take some time with a car you like and study it, I have very rarely struck out.
 
This is gonna be a tough comp! These entries are absolutly stunning! :drool:
 
I really like what I'm seeing here people. Normally this theme would be in 2.0, but since pmc puts everyone on level terms, it should make things very interesting.
 
Final Entry

​
Good God man the Viper head is literally 3D on my phone screen! The depth is amazing.

Man... idk if I can compete in this one with the stuff being posted already :boggled:
 
Good God man the Viper head is literally 3D on my phone screen! The depth is amazing.

Man... idk if I can compete in this one with the stuff being posted already :boggled:
You'll find something somewhere. :)

I'm just glad to know that the car is in "Race" mode. :lol:
 
Well, NB had the same idea as me with using the Huayra. Still a better shot than I could ever take. I'm still using it though I guess... :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back