CLOSED: The Photomode Competition: Week 13

"but that fact that you intentionally tried to mimic someone else's work."

I guess I'm just having a problem with your idea of "facts".

There's a quote button you know.

Anyway, had you actually not intentionally mimicked Mogtens picture, you would have obviously stated so much earlier in our conversation. Instead, I had to drag you this far while you went on about how they were slightly different. That leads me to believe you knew exactly what you doing to begin with.

Now lets please move on.

FINAL ENTRY
This was a online race with maximum power of 340ps, 2000cc prefered.
Just after one lap, 4 cars including me flat out on the SSR5 straight.
As my friends and I usually race in the midnight, so I give this a shot for the competition.

Click for FULL size image.

Final Entry
5440465543_55aeeebe45.jpg

We've got more than 100 entries now!

But keep it up, there is still enough room for good pictures that can make it to the poll. :D

Wow, I didn't realize that if "one of the greats" takes a picture in a certain spot of a track that it was then off limits for everyone else. Is my picture similar... yes. Is it a copy... no it isn't. That simple. I've got other pictures that I can use for this comp, but I went with one of my best, if it is pi$$ing some of you off that it looks like Mogs, then have Mog complain and I'll change it.

It's not a problem with me at all! The only similarity seems to be that they've been taken at a similar location, any number of people could have done that without even having seen my photo! Even though it's a similar shot, you've done your own take on it and it looks good. 👍

To everyone else: Calm down! Thanks for sticking up for my photo but there's really no need, it's just a contest for fun and it's actually quite flattering to think that people might consider using my photos for inspiration! :)

It's not a problem with me at all! The only similarity seems to be that they've been taken at a similar location, any number of people could have done that without even having seen my photo! Even though it's a similar shot, you've done your own take on it and it looks good. 👍

To everyone else: Calm down! Thanks for sticking up for my photo but there's really no need, it's just a contest for fun and it's actually quite flattering to think that people might consider using my photos for inspiration! :)

And that´s the bottom line because Stone Co... er Moglet said so :D

Last edited:

I was headed down to that portion of the track because of the lighting being better down there. I was worried about how to stay away from your shot style for the reason that started the outbursts. But after I started playing around in the tunnel with the camera settings I was happy there.

Here is my Final entry to the competition
I was going for the 'very late at night no traffic speed run' kind of feel

Click for larger image

I'm fully expecting some comment about my entry so let me state for the record; No image editing was done to this photo. Cool filter & adjustment to the exposure setting in game, then a 180 degree rotation using photoshop, which I believe is in the rules.

You can't crop - it's against the rules! (it's obvious because there is no GT watermark in the upper right corner)

Click for larger image

Seriously though - nice pic. And great trick of flipping the cool filter, I'm going to remember that one.

You can't crop - it's against the rules! (it's obvious because there is no GT watermark in the upper right corner)

Seriously though - nice pic. And great trick of flipping the cool filter, I'm going to remember that one.

No cropping was used (check the bottom left corner ;) )

It's not cropped, he switched the image upside down, look at the bottom left corner. No idea if this is within the rules though, some explanation would be nice 👍

Otherwise, awesome shot! I'm gonna remember this trick aswell.

No cropping was used (check the bottom left corner ;) )

I knew it, I was just acting the fool since you made the statement about rotating. ( I was just disappointed I missed out on the Mog pic drama earlier :) )

On other things, there are several shots that have no link to larger pics. Too bad for them. Just a few:

Szejdi
morf676
xMARKITOx

In particular I wanted to see the shot from xMARKITOx larger - it looks almost plastic.

@ Sam; Aha, gotcha lol :)

@ MenT123; as far as I can tell from the rules - "No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode." seems to suggest this is allowed, though I'll be happy to hear confirmation from the boss

@ Sam; Aha, gotcha lol :)

@ MenT123; as far as I can tell from the rules - "No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode." seems to suggest this is allowed, though I'll be happy to hear confirmation from the boss

I sure hope so! I think you've got my vote.

Click for larger image

I'm fully expecting some comment about my entry so let me state for the record; No image editing was done to this photo. Cool filter & adjustment to the exposure setting in game, then a 180 degree rotation using photoshop, which I believe is in the rules.

Brilliant 👍

Seconded. That's a really clever idea. Good to see there's still some original thinking going on in here.

Click for larger image

I don't get it. Surely if you rotated it 180 degrees the car would have been upside down in the game before you rotated it?

Back