CLOSED: The Photomode Competition: Week 13

FINAL ENTRY

5476504389_87ca2baf24.jpg

FULL SIZE

"Looks a bit to familiar if you ask me."

So once someone posts a picture you aren't allowed to post a similar one? Besides... different lights, different cars, different angle. I guess I could have posted another shot of a tunnel, or fireworks, or lighted trees. Sheesh!

Your examples are quite broad. Your photo, however, bears a striking resemblance to one of the only photos in this thread that was praised by many. The only real difference I see is the car. Other than that, it's quite clear what you were doing.

IMO many of the photos are displaying similar poses/camera angles of the car. I know there is multiple shots showing the large bridge arches... but I wouldn't want to accuse others of copying. Just post what you have and let the selection process eliminate the rest.

I'm not saying people are copying each other, don't get me wrong. It's normal that you get similar shots in a competition like this. There aren't many good locations to snap some shots of a car, and to make it unique, I'm not saying it's a bad thing ziggedzag, and I'm not accusing anyone.

Whatever dude. If you can't tell that they are taken under different lights then you are blind.

As if that makes a world of difference. Also, judging by your responses, it seems your intent was to mimic the photo directly. Where as others simply ended up with photos similar to others, yours can nearly be overlapped with Moglet's.

As if that makes a world of difference. Also, judging by your responses, it seems your intent was to mimic the photo directly. Where as others simply ended up with photos similar to others, yours can nearly be overlapped with Moglet's.

Not to fuel the fire, but he has a point. It's as if you (other people do too) copy Mog/Rev/Sej/anyone's who's is really good, in a chance to get votes. Instead of coming up with a unique angle and idea (Like my GT-R picture that i'm quite proud of) people just copy the popular one to get votes.

Not to fuel the fire, but he has a point. It's as if you (other people do too) copy Mog/Rev/Sej/anyone's who's is really good, in a chance to get votes. Instead of coming up with a unique angle and idea (Like my GT-R picture that i'm quite proud of) people just copy the popular one to get votes.

I do agree that the point of these comps is entering your own image not copying someone else's for an extra vote,also Mog is one of the best here so when people compare both shots Guess which one they will choose.

Unless You didn't mean to recreate Mog's shot of course 👍

Wow, I didn't realize that if "one of the greats" takes a picture in a certain spot of a track that it was then off limits for everyone else. Is my picture similar... yes. Is it a copy... no it isn't. That simple. I've got other pictures that I can use for this comp, but I went with one of my best, if it is pi$$ing some of you off that it looks like Mogs, then have Mog complain and I'll change it.

Wow, I didn't realize that if "one of the greats" takes a picture in a certain spot of a track that it was then off limits for everyone else. Is my picture similar... yes. Is it a copy... no it isn't. That simple. I've got other pictures that I can use for this comp, but I went with one of my best, if it is pi$$ing some of you off that it looks like Mogs, then have Mog complain and I'll change it.

Well If that is the case then No Problem mate .👍

Oh well I didn't like My Old STi shot so

Final Entry

click

Wow, I didn't realize that if "one of the greats" takes a picture in a certain spot of a track that it was then off limits for everyone else.

Not at all. What I was getting at was not the fact that you used the same location and direction, but that fact that you intentionally tried to mimic someone else's work. That's all.

Moving on.

"but that fact that you intentionally tried to mimic someone else's work."

I guess I'm just having a problem with your idea of "facts".

Fun as this argument has been, can you just give it up now and let it be decided in the vote?

Can't help but think that the amount of time spent defending positions here could have been more usefully spent coming up with a more distinctive composition...

Back