1475944998-opde006-german-grand-prix-1962.jpg

2.0 Hour race
1330 Central US Start
Any BOPed Gr3 Car
Full Damage
Two 5 Min stops

Room's up
Chat up for you slackers
Discord up...hmm I wonder where the Fing ear buds went..

Room # 0474-5887-2320-2600-3524

Last edited:
Great race again guys!

My race had two stages, in first I didn't make almost any mistakes. The lap after first mandatory, i screwed up the hairpin after tripple right but got just a small damage and managed to finist the stint without losing much time. after next pit I tapped wall in first sector, than a bit later, but the car handled well even with small front and small rear damage, but i decided to go pit. Next stint was all good, and as I saw other guys in front of me gone for the second mandatory, which I planned to do on next lap. But in the last corner, I've been a bit wide, spun and hit the wall. Whole lap with heavy engine damage - car didnt go faster than 180 kmh - for the mandatory. And decided to write about the mistake in the convo. ^^ And exactly when I pressed the enter button to post my message, I heard crash in my ear buds. Ned did exactly what I did the lap before :D what a coincidence ^^ rest of race was my usual stuff, few mistakes, running dead last, until Mike didnt made a mistake in kleine carussell and Ned had issue with the wheel in last lap.

Need to say I gotta love the GT-R, is great on the Ring, for me, I can say, similar to the Beetle beast. ^^ (not good for offline trials - understeery as hell)

Edit: oh, congratz to Setted for the win :bowdown: and Jammy and Crispy for their podiums, well done guys :cheers:

View attachment 699013
We meet every Tues night at 2030 Hours US Central at the Nordschleife for short races among friends. Usually we use non BOP/not tuned cars. We do not qualify and grids are random. We do not not keep score.

Our main races are every Sunday at 1330 Central US (Zulu-5) . We maintain a monthly schedule for Sunday races. On weeks 1 and 2 we do a 1.5 hour race. On week 3 we do a 2 hour race and then on the fourth week of every month our primary race is 3.0 hours. All races have mandatory 5 minute pit stops every hour or portion thereof.

We strictly adhere to the WRS OLR. If you have some body "off" or you run wide (out of bounds) you MUST concede. But here is the twist, on Tuesday nights, if someone has been “left for dead “ the Host will call “Yellow Flag” and we will bunch up for either a rolling or standing restart.

No one cares who wins so it ceases being important. What is important is that we have fun and learn from each other and treat each other with respect.

Occasional touches are ok, but if your touch is really a big bump or it causes the car you were following to go off line or lose time...fess up and concede.

Be prompt as Tuesday night can be Maintenance night and and if so racing may stop at 2200 Hours.
View attachment 699016

We test on Tuesday nights and race every Sunday at 1330 Central( room opens at 1230).

Room settings
no tuning
no bop
Fuel 3x Tires 5x
Tires: Racing Hard
Damage: Heavy
Flags: On
Drag: Real
Reposition: on
Pit stops: a mandatory 5 minute stop every hour or portion thereof.
Grid: Random
Start : varied but slower cars go first with faster cars following after a set delay.
Track: alternates between Nordschliefe and N24.
Time of day: varies.
Race lengths:
Week 1: 1.5 hours
Week 2: 1.5 hours
Week 3. 2.0 hours
Week 4. 3.0 hours
Season length: 8 months
Winner: driver who completes the most laps regardless of class for the 8 month season.

Thanks to Argon for the following track maps with sectors and corners.
View attachment 729095

View attachment 729096
Hey I'm new here, just looking for some guys that know how to race and have fun. How do I go about joing the races and stuff?

6B52EAC0-C99D-4555-8CBD-7E4F1238195D.jpeg

Tomorrow’s race.
Gr3 BOP
2 hours
2 pitstops
12:30 room opens
13:30 start
Be there!

back to the N24!

Last edited:
Oh wait, is this just week 3? How the holy macaroni did i thought this week is the 3h race? :eek::embarrassed::scared:

I think to much work is not good for the health :D i am officially lost in time :bowdown::cheers:

872FF3EC-7972-4A9D-B4C9-17C648C4CB59.jpeg

Room will be up as soon as I finish watching F1 qually. Provided the system is functioning...I haven’t even bootedup yet. Discord is up. Walkins welcome. Send me a fr.

Today's race I made up for last week. Pretty much no mistakes and well executed pit strategy.
The start was a bit chaotic. I decided to be patient and bring the car home in one piece. This contributed the accident on lap one where I braked early for Aremberg and I believe it was Crispy who tried to avoid me and went off track, unfortunately taking another car with him.
Setted passed me early and disappeared in the distance as usual. I glued myself behind @jammy21 's rear bumper. The Mercedes was a bit quicker in the corners but I couldn't find a good place to pass so I stayed there until the end of the lap 3 when I hoped he would pit. Nope, he was also doing a 4 lap stint and showing great nerves. I caught my lucky break when he lost traction coming out of turn 1 and I squeezed by.

When I came out of the pits I found myself behind @Mires in the GT-R running impressive pace. It took me half of a lap to catch him and he let me through after a minor mistake. From that point on the race was fairly uneventful, I kept my distance from Joel and Setted was almost a minute ahead. I kept myself entertained by trying to break my lap record. First I managed the fastest ever 6:43.1 only to smash that during the next stint with a 6:42.1!
These races are really paying off, all of us are getting faster.

It was a bit tough to concentrate towards the end when I had a safe gap to 3rd place but I managed to keep it on the track and bring it home in 2nd place!

I ran a couple of stints in the AMG the older and will give it a try next week. The FT-1 requires just TOO much adult supervision. Nice liviries today and good( if shambolic) racing on stint one. But, finding myself in third or fourth place while most went to the pits for Band Aids, after stint one I promptly binned the FT-1 sliding down the guard rail at exmuhle....oh well.

Don't bother with the older one, the 2016 is the one you want. Easy to drive, very predictable, fast, and can do 4 laps without too much trouble (I did some 4 lap stints today)

Don't bother with the older one, the 2016 is the one you want. Easy to drive, very predictable, fast, and can do 4 laps without too much trouble (I did some 4 lap stints today)
I misspoke...its the new one with the nice yellow snake livery from the n24. Nice ride.

Great race guys

Somehow I stayed out of trouble in lap 1 as just went wide at Adenauer forst. By avoiding other problems I kept my GT-R on 5th. In lap 2 Caroussel i moved up a place by taking the hairpin on low and somehow i kept argon behind me until the Pflanzgarten II, where i stayed alone. In third lap I somehow managed to close the gap to jammy and mr_lab_rat to 3s, but needed to pit, as on controller i have no idea how to save fuel for 4 lap stints. After out lap i was on 2nd place in front of Mike. He joined my tail at carussell, yet had no space to overtake in the technical part - which is my nemesis. ^^ on other hand part between pflanzgartens is my strong part of track and in full throttle (just one tap on brakes in the dip) i made a little gap which was enough to keep him out of slipstream range at dottinger höhe. In next lap(my pit in lap) i started to feel worn tyres and ran wide after sector 3 in the double left and since i didnt wanted to make a stupid move, i let Mike pass me.

Till next pit in 9th lap i kept out of trouble, just a small mistake in Pflanzgarten II resulted in rear tyre damage. And things started to be worse for me. Lap 11 could be a full lap in lead if I didnt make a mistake to be overtaken by Argon. Another small damage, same as before, so i decided to make my 2nd mandatory. In lap 13 i made another mistakebut earlier in the lap, this time front wheel damage, car wasnt stable so i pitted again, lap 14, another damage and another damage, lap 15 again, at least last two laps were clean again. Summing up, I lost two places in last 5 laps due to need of pittin 3x... well, hope next time i'll be able to withstand full race out of trouble.

Gotta say, as much as i didn't liked handlinv of the GT-R in early days of GTS, last two weeks made me to love it more and more. Managed 2x 2nd place in Manufacturers cup pre-season races and keeping up with strong field of Ring Rats participants. ^^ yay, I could end up on podium yesterday, oh well, maybe next time :D

Last week we made 16 laps and now 17 laps. Not my best pit/fuel strategy as I run out of fuel two times. Still fun all together.

What do you guys think about one weekend a month we do a two hour at a non nürburgring track and if so what track. I have already had a suggestion to try Bathurst. It would have to be a real track where GT3 cars actually have a race. No fake tracks please. If we got Spa and LeMans they would be automatically included as the cars race there. Current actual tracks would be Brands, Monza( maybe without chicicanes as the current version sucks) Interlagos, Bathurst, and Suzuka. Thoughts?

BTW I have dibs on Man Filter AMG.

What do you guys think about one weekend a month we do a two hour at a non nürburgring track and if so what track. I have already had a suggestion to try Bathurst. It would have to be a real track where GT3 cars actually have a race. No fake tracks please. If we got Spa and LeMans they would be automatically included as the cars race there. Current actual tracks would be Brands, Monza( maybe without chicicanes as the current version sucks) Interlagos, Bathurst, and Suzuka. Thoughts?

That would be great, and I support this decision. I love the Nordschliefe, I'm sure we all do, but there's no harm in expanding our track roster, especially since we're still going to do real tracks.

I think this is a great idea and support it for sure!

Bathurst is kind of small versio of Greenhell. I would love to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back