Closest race you've ever had?

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 74 comments
United States
Marietta, GA
Dagger31198
In gt6, it was around 10 milliseconds on Ascari S-class. No screenshot (No flash drive, and anyway nexus 7 doesn't have usb out), but it was so close I thought I lost.

Another one in gt5, Nascar daytona: .001 milliseconds! Stayed behind leader and draft passed on the final straight just in time.

I got the trophy that you get by winning a race by a difference of .001 second. Or was .01? Idk
I got this trophy on GT5 thanks to my B-Spec Bob. He BARELY won a race on the supercar festival with the Ford GT

0.00 millisecond tie against an SRT Viper GTS' 13 on Bathurst ( All Stars IB license)

Thought I got in second, but instead got gold along with the SRT Viper :sly:

I have had a few close races, online Nascar at Twin Ring, that being .002. I won!

And, I have tied people multiple times in qualifying!

I had a race at the Apricot Hill 20 minute race. I was in an GT300 Garaiya and running in the lead but a Viper GTS-R was al over my back for the last few laps as my tyres began to fade. Final chicane and a bit of traffic compromised my line into the last corner and the Viper was closer... and incar the Viper move to my left ... and I thought he had beaten me to the line, and I was sure the Position had moved form 1 to 2.

Result had me winning by a 'wafer thin mint'. And also the Viper never passed me even after the line.

Strange

What was the gap @Ryk?

As for me, I've had a .001 second win in GT6 IIRC, multiple .000 ties in GT5 and even more .000's in GT4. Also, Mission 34 in GT4 was a .002 win. :sly:

It was larger than I expected - considering I thought I had lost. Physically it was a couple of inches on the line... I guess I was pulling about 140mph or so.

If every race were that close they would have to ban the game for creating too much high blood pressure in the youth of today.

Sugar, Fat and GT6 : The fatal combination.

I had a race on SSRX with 2 other people and the lead changed what felt like many times. Was clean until one of us messed up!

Historic Racecar Cup, Silverstone.

I was using the '70 Dodge challenger race car, and came up against the Toyota 7 on the 3rd lap. 4th lap consisted of me trying to run him off into the dirt, and him trying to spin me on corners...was very epic.

I won, by .069...

I managed to come both 4th and 3rd in the 24 minutes of Le Mans once. Not sure what happened there, the results screen listed me as finishing in both positions. :P The AI were pitting in despite the race timer being up, so I must've crossed the line at the exact moment one of the pitted cars did, I guess

I don't know what was the exact margin, but for the GT World Championship race at the Nurburgring, using a 15th Anniversary R18, I beat a Pescarolo C60 Hybride-Judd '05 and a Toyota MINOLTA 88-CV '89 by a pretty close one. No trophy, and I don't even have it yet, it's very annoying!

I got the trophy that you get by winning a race by a difference of .001 second. Or was .01? Idk
I got this trophy on GT5 thanks to my B-Spec Bob. He BARELY won a race on the supercar festival with the Ford GT
The trophy is called "By the skin of your teeth".

0.000 in the city trials b class event.
Being cheeky in my focus RS then he suddenly floors down the Tokyo straight, but thanks to nitrous I won. :D

I won by 0.003 of your Earth seconds.
But I was so sure that Viper had passed me... large in mirror... then it is along side... in the blind spot... hear comes the line... and on the slow down he entered my forward view... I thought I must have lost.

A driver in the willow springs 8 lap event, just had a loss... margin 0.000 - But he was in a Fiat Grande Punto... the winner... a Viper GTS. Home Bias maybe?

I had an insane moment on the NASCAR indy race, won by 0.006, awarded the 0.01 trophy, but was only awarded silver trophy and 2nd place prize money! did it again out of rage and won by 0.1xx and was awarded gold :)

When trying to get that 0.01 trophy, i was using the electric car challenge... I took a stock Prius made it lighter with stage 2 weight reductions and then I tried the long straight at Indy for getting this trophy done. It took a couple of races (the most boring part is to drive behind the lead Toyota Prius before you can get to the long finish line) , but if you can manage that you are with your side view mirror in front of the other Prius passenger mirror you will cross the finish line by 0.005 seconds.

I believe i was in the Turbo championship(I think), and i was in a lightly modified Subaru Impreza wagon. One of the AI cars was a Lotus Esprit. on every race I was catching him on the last lap, and on the final race I turned the final corner and saw he had messed up. So i gunned it and I won. The final time was a 0.001 gap. I looked in the photo mode right after the race, and I literally won the race because of my body kit sticking just a little bit out of the front of the car.

It wasn't close in terms of time at the finish, but the race was really close for most of the duration. It was in one of the historic cars races (B-license?) at Silverstone. I drove a stock Alpine A110 and passed most of the competition on the first lap. Then I caught up with the leader - a Lancia Stratos!

Here's some background on the Alpine vs. Stratos:

In 1974 the mid-engined Lancia Stratos, the first car designed from scratch for rally racing, was operational and homologated. At the same time, it was obvious that the tail-engined A110 had begun reaching the end of its development. /.../ On the international stage the Stratos proved to be the "ultimate weapon" making the A110 as well as many other rally cars soon obsolete.
(Wikipedia)

So this time, it was personal. As it would turn out, the Stratos driver had the exact same thought. The moment I overtook him, he immediately fought back. In nearly every corner and every straight we swapped position. After a while I got a little gap, but then I missed my braking point at a tight left-hander and he was right back at me. It wasn't until the last two bends that I was able to make the gap big enough to secure the win at the final straight.

3_1000.jpg

(Image: http://pixelsior.co/Rally-Masters)

Beat an FXX twice by .035 (Bathurst and GVR) with an Skyline R34 tuned to 550PP on SS tires. At Bathrust for three laps I switched positions with it multiple times. :D

I have had so many here are a few
one which I was in a jag xkrs and I won a race at Monza with my car topping out at 161 cuz I had the wrong tune on it.
second happened yesterday where me and a few friends were racing boss 302s on Bathurst and on the last corner last lap the leader spins and collects the top 3 while I was in 4th,i slipped by and got the win
another race I was racing one of my friends on Daytona road course with c6 zr1 lm race cars and it was the last corner last lap me and him was door to door and he beat me by .069

I was in my '70 AAR 'Cuda on the Like The Wind SSRX race, a Ferrari FFX spun me out as i was crossing the line.
I Won By .036, and crossed the line sideways in a cloud of smoke. :D

Back