closest win

I won a race by .009 in a F687/S against a F687/S, it's not to close like the other time, but it's the closest time in all the races i have ever won.

Closest race I ever got credit for winning: tie. Checkmate.

The race was a hard arcade mode on the Test Course. I was in my Esperante GTR-1, completely stock save for the lowered ride height, max downforce, and no assistances. I was pit against a GT40 Race car, the R390, the GT-One, a Camaro LM, and the Vertigo. I started the race of odd enough, my lack of TCS kept me to the back, but I drafted the Vertigo and shot past the Camaro for 4th. What got me was that when I caught the main pack, this Putrid noen-green thing shot past at over 210 mph: the Camaro had stayed in my draft and had caught the main pack as well. To make a long story short, 5 of us were still dicing off the last corner, I was in the left lane being pushed by the GT-One. I couldn't see where the GT40 or R390 were, but I could hear both. I-we-blitzed across the line and my margin of victory was +0'00.000 over myself. Then the results screen showed my win tied the GT40. The replay is saved on my primary memory card.

In GT3, it was 0.017

In GT2, however, I 0.000'ed a race and the board showed me as number 2, but I still got number 1 money and car oO

0.001 racing my cousin on our hometrack Complex String

10 laps, and the gap was never any wider then 0.400

we lost alot of fluid that day :)

Early in the game, I was running my first car (the Sprinter) at SS R11. I was leading near the end of the last lap, but I completely blew the next-to-last corner. I came off the last turn in third place and ended up winning the race by 0.001 seconds over the second place car and 0.002 seconds ahead of third, with the fourth place car banging on our rear bumpers. It was insane. :cool:

A lot of the races in that game end up being blowouts. One other good race I remember was the Evolution Meeting race at Tokyo. Don't recall what I was driving, exactly (except that it was a Lancer, of course... ;) ), but it was pretty even with the AI cars. I got up to second quickly, but I just couldn't find a way around the lead car. I kept hounding him for a few laps, and finally figured out that I was a tick faster in the last section of the course, coming to the final turn, and managed to squeeze around him (cleanly!) in one of the narrower parts of that section on the fourth lap. I was able to keep him behind me pretty well and gained a little distance in the last half of the final lap, though, so it wasn't a really close finish, but it was definatly the best-fought battle I've had with an AI car in the game...

0.0000 in the pd cup race 1, i messed up the last turn and they were gaining and we were dead on over the line, read as 0.0000 i got the win :D

i was in an r34 and he was a supra

I won a race by .001 and it showed my icon next to the time. lol I was in my RX-7 LM I believe. May have been the S200 LM. Either way it was a blue icon and the other car was red. :P I was tense until I saw the results list cause I needed the points to win the championship (I forgot to buy longer-lasting tires).

I had a win of 0.002 when i first started on Trial Mountain. I had a MX5 and had just stuck the big turbo on, with stock tyres. I looped it on the first lap and played catch up all the way home. I had to jump the curb at the end to just get by on the line. that was the first close race i've had. i too have since then drawn but still got the money and car for winning.

.001 in the Japan GT Tournament in the Vertigo (Damn oversteering monster) over the Denso Supra; the whole tournament was really close. I ended up winning by one point!

I hate to sound like a braggart, but few can beat this: down by +0.002 at the stripe, but still won the race!

In GT2, I was racing my modded Mazdaspeed A-Spec Demio in the Japanese Nationals race at Midfield, and I was catching the AI's Impreza ever so slightly right at the end. My guess is that the "forward momentum" of my car between the start-finish stripe and the slight pause for the computation of the race results created this situation.

There's a few documented cases of this in GT2. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

Latest Posts

Back