Clubsport and CSR Elite Pedals Handbrake DIY Info

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 44 comments
Maybe I need to make a little board that handles all the extra bits for using these things ;) It'd be pretty darn cheap.

Maybe I need to make a little board that handles all the extra bits for using these things ;) It'd be pretty darn cheap.

👍

Yah I imagine there are quite a few of us that now have a few extra of those load cells and also want a load cell hand brake.

In addition, the info you have given so far has been great and I am curious to see how you get around the inversion issue.

I'll do these up for you guys. The market is slim so it's more for fun than anything else, like most of my other stuff. Plus I enjoy supporting any kind of DIY efforts.

On the subject of inverting the signal.... :) It's an oddly simple circuit but one that seems to be rarely used. It's also one that I ALWAYS have to refer to my notes on. The older I get, the less room there is for short term memory... :(

I'd love to just drop the whole thing on to a board like my PD1 and call it a day. Seems like a plan to me.

I'll do these up for you guys. The market is slim so it's more for fun than anything else, like most of my other stuff. Plus I enjoy supporting any kind of DIY efforts.

On the subject of inverting the signal.... :) It's an oddly simple circuit but one that seems to be rarely used. It's also one that I ALWAYS have to refer to my notes on. The older I get, the less room there is for short term memory... :(

I'd love to just drop the whole thing on to a board like my PD1 and call it a day. Seems like a plan to me.

Very much looking forward to it 👍 :)

Nice one.

The thought occurs to me to worry that I might slave away on a magnificent handbrake only to find that shortly after, Fanatec release one. Then, reality kicks in, and I worry no more. :)... no... :(... no... I'm confused.

It's always possible... However, if you make your own magnificent handbrake, you'll then have your own. ;)

Actually it probably wont be magnificent by any sane man's declaration, but it will indeed be mine.

Produce at your leisure basher, and I'm sure it will still come quicker. Great work super electro man.

:) I will see what I can do.

ibuycheap, your diagram is forthcoming. This weekend and especially work yesterday were a... bit of a mess.

hi everyone, has this progressed. I would love to learn how to also make a handbrake please, if someone has a moment to share some assistance. thank you to all

hi everyone, has this progressed. I would love to learn how to also make a handbrake please, if someone has a moment to share some assistance. thank you to all

Which part did you need help with? Or were you waiting for me to make the board I spoke of?

Mrbasher did you ever make the load cell handbrake board for clubsport pedals?
Making DIY handbrake is my next project, load cell version would be less messy than hydraulic version.

Im also curious if
I have a better idea for you, if you want to make a handbrake using a load cell... :)

First off, using a real load cell is ideal due to linearity. This little guy seems like it would do the trick nicely: http://www.robotshop.com/productinfo.aspx?pc=RB-Phi-120&lang=en-US

Then you need a load cell amp. You can get one from Derek Speare or Leo Bodnar. I don't think Leo has them in stock right now... So DSD ;)

You need the connectors I listed previously of course, they can be found on ebay.

There is one catch to this... I believe the handbrake input on the board is "inverted" Though I have a fix for that as well. (no, it's not simply reversing the wires)

I will double check that this weekend and post up the info on how to do this using either a stain gauge from a scale (like those on the clubsports) or the linked load cell. :)

would this just be plug and play with a DSD Load cell amp ? or is there something missing ?

Though this is an old thread, I just recently discovered I have the handbrake port on my Clubsport Elite pedals. I want to just use my sequential shifter for a simple on/off handbrake for drifting purposes. It was mentioned that there was going to be instruction on how to do this but reading through the thread 2 times I either didn't catch it or it was never covered. Can someone please explain what needs to be done because I remember reading that it's not just simply wiring pins 1 and 3. Thanks!

Bumping this old topic :).

I'm in the process of ordering parts to build a handbrake for my rig and connecting it through CS V3 pedals.

However, I'm a bit confused by your OP @mrbasher.

Based on threads found via google, it looks like you can connect any hall sensor as long as wiring is correct. But in your main post you're referencing building a hydraulic handbrake and using a pressure sensor and that it acts like a pot.

I recall from my highschool eletronics class pots can be used to limit voltage passing through it, like a volume knob.

A hall sensor also "limits" voltage in a way based on the magnetic force being applied to the sensor.

If this is the case, why is an extra board required when using the pressure sensor? Could you just use resistor(s) to make sure you're not passing along to much voltage to pin#3?

Back