Clubsport DD+ with Clubsport RS wheel. Button mapping question... SOLVED!

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked before. I have searched here and on Google - Zilch!

I cannot find a way to map any of the buttons on the Clubsport RS wheel. It's all connected and works beautifully on the profile rig. I just can't access TC or fuel map or brake balance.

Its probably (hopefully) going to be really easy!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

SOLVED!
I have been pulling my hair out on this one. There is very little on Google and even less in a Fanatec manual. However...

There are 4 modes on a DD+ Wheelbase. PC. PS4. PS5 and, crucially, PS4/PS5!!! Running in PS4 or 5 seems to remove button mapping and some functionality of the buttons. Running in PS4/PS5 mode does not remove anything. The funky switch now allows me to change all the parameters of the MFD. Very pleased!!!

Regards.

Ian.

Last edited:
I'm assuming here you mean mapping them in GT7

You can, but only kinda.
All config shows up under the GT DD Pro settings. That will show the GT wheel, but allow you to map other wheels as well. You just need to figure out how your wheels buttons relate to the GT wheels buttons (which is a pain and pure trial and error)
A few caveats though: some buttons on your wheel may not be related to any buttons on the GT wheel and are therefore not comfigurable. Also not all functions are able to be mapped (such as changing TC, fuel map, brake balance, but you can map the generic MFD controls)

Hi,

Thankyou for replying.

Yes. My bad. This is for GT7.

I am a little bit miffed about this. Its going to take quite a while to do what I assumed would be already done.

Thanks again.

Ian

Until they officially support the DD + as a separate base (when Full Force support comes in most likely), select the DD Pro. The diagram is for the GT wheel, but the buttons that are common between that wheel and other Fanatec wheels are mapable (the basic PS set) - you just need to find the matching buttons and then pick the function you want to map. So R2 on the RS maps to R2 on the GT, find it on the diagram and set as desired.

Doable but annoying as this limits your options if you have multiple wheels - you can’t easily switch the config, so you have to live with how the buttons are laid out by Fanatec

For wheels with other features like the Formula V2 or the PBME w APM, some other functions are set by the SDK GT is using but you can’t change them - the toggles move between and adjust the TC, Brake, Fuel etc and the APM extra paddles work turn signals. Others such as the knobs aren’t recognized.

The GT specific controls - the 4 other sticks - are unique to the GT/GT extreme wheels so you can’t reassign any of those functions

Last edited:
also for power switch mode, Blue mode (PS5) is the best for GT7 - this mode tells games the base is DD+ so for now likely maps best to DD Pro but might try the Podium base setup in GT7 to see if there’s any difference in performance? Don’t see anything specific at Fanatec

Purple (PS compatibility) tells games the base is CSL elite, which is compatible with a lot of older PS games, as well as GT7. But that may likely change Force Feedback game response as well as that’s a belt drive wheel so best to use blue mode whenever supported

Last edited:
Back