Transmission: only stock is available
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
tuned with a dual shock 3/stick,triggers

The car has 500 PP, weighs 815Kg with a 41/59 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.77 kg/hp, has 216 HP
@5800 rpm and produces 228.7 ft-lb torque @2000 rpm

Notes:
The first budget tune of gt6 for me. Since the x-bow is a prize car you only need to buy
the custom suspension and lsd (the triple plate clutch is optional). I didn't change the oil
when new and chose to limit it to 500pp and SH tires. The car handles really well right out
the box and even better now with the custom suspension and lsd.

Edit: added racing brakes, much easier to control the car under braking now

ENJOY, AC

Last edited:
Wicked Child
GT6 begginers guide to creating a 500PP Killer on a budget!
Part 2

So when we ended our show last time I was screaming after a Ol'Harvey Wallbanger who was wandering off mumbling about needing to get a bleeding license like he hadn't been driving cars since before these twits in the fancy suits were born. Meanwhile our "Wicked Child" Storia X4 project car was in the the new Outlaw Garage up on CyKosis Hill while some Parrot screamed Krenkme wanna Lamb, Krenkme wanna Lamb!

Anyways a couple hours later Ol'Harvey wandered back in looking bored just as a GT semi pulled up outside. Before I could get to the Wallbanger for some answers the truck driver yelled out "hey Mac where ya want'em I ain't got all day here."
"Want what?" Was my brilliant response...
"Your cars! This is H. Wallbanger's Outlaw Motorsports Garage, Psycho Hill right?"

"Uhm, its just The Hill, CyKosis is the property owner", was my weak reply.

Of course all this had caught Ol'Harvey's attention and he had strolled over to look in the truck.

"Oh look they sent me a Grape colored Go-Cart and some Italian car."

Not to much later (couldn't have been more than an hour, ok ok 2 hours tops, the Wallbanger insisted on driving the Kart around to the rest of the Outlaw and Clueless Paddocks via interior hallways to show the fellas.:crazy:) we had the MiTo parked next to the Clio and Fit and I had some answers.

Seems that for better paying races Ol'Harvey needed a special racing license. (Yes friends Ol'Harvey Wallbanger does have a regular drivers license valid in all 50 of the United States and an International Drivers License valid just about everywhere else, but those don't allow him to race it seems.)
Anyways he took some tests and did so well that he got a few more trophies and the two new cars for the garage.
We could now go racing in National B.👍👍

Looks like Freshman Cup is first up in National B and the Wallbanger garners easy wins at Tsukuba Circuit, Silverstone the Stowe Circuit and Special Stage Route 5 Clubman which brings our Bank Balance back up to C24,360.

I'm thinking maybe a nice paintjob and some cool wheels would be great, but Ol'Harvey insists the car needs more power.
So its back to the garage to fit a High RPM Range Turbo Kit.
Oh well so much for improving "Wicked Child's" looks any.:( The car does however make 181HP and have 418PP.
Doing the Freshman Cup also unlocked something called Mission Races and garnered us an invitation from some British chap to his estate for the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
While both look interesting the Wallbanger is eager to put the big Turbo to the test so its off to the National B, Clubman Cup with races at Silverstone National Circuit, Circuito di Roma and Autumn Ring (again).
I'm a bit worried since "Wicked Child" is now listed at 418PP which looks like its over the limit, but Ol'Harvey quickly assures me it's like the Japanese car makers "gentleman's agreement" for sports cars back in the '90s which no one took seriously except on paper.
Seems the Wallbanger is correct as the car is accepted into the events without a single raised eyebrow.
With three wins in the 400PP Clubman Cup behind us I was hopefull that we could maybe get some nice new suits from the race shop but Ol'Harvey said no the cars balance was off. Of course we didn't have the ridiculous amount of money the shop wanted for tearing out the interior and replacing everything in sight with some sort of exotic materials.

The Wallbanger saw that another Coffee break had opened up and got a gleam in his eyes, but I flatly refused and suggested the Goodwood Festival hoping at least to get a decent cup of tea and some sandwiches but Ol'Harvey wasn't interested so we settled on something called 5-Minute Races instead.

5 minutes of Autumn Ring-Mini had me feeling a bit queasy what with how the Wallbanger whipped "Wicked Child" about the track weaving past cars and yelling for the yahoos to get out of his way. But the prize money was enough for the fancy materials needed for Weight Reduction Stage 3. Ol'Harvey then really confused me by filling the rear of the car, which was now devoid of seats, carpets, insulation etc. with a huge sound system he got from someplace. (He seems to be especially proud of something called an 8 track...:odd:)
Anyways, seems that "Wicked Child" was nose heavy and the purpose of removing all that stuff and then throwing the stereo in back was to help correct this for better handling. (93kg Ballast positioned at +50)

Five minutes on Tsukuba listining to the Wallbanger bellow along to somebody called "The Bee Gees" had me contemplating murder.:crazy: (The large Black Plastic "Casset" misteriously wound up on the track where a Civic Type R promptly ran it over...:gtpflag:)
Anyways Ol'Harvey decided the cars balance could still use some improvement so all the glass got replaced by light weight versions. Window Weight Reduction and a small keg found it's way into the back next to the stereo. (103kg ballast at +50) The Wallbanger swears the keg is just full of Kool-Aid but I have my doubts...

Five minutes on Circuito di Roma had me wondering when the Italians were going to turn the lions loose from the Colasium what with Ol'Harvey's bellowing along to some group named ABBA and his violent non-verbal comunications with the other drivers, but he claimed everyone was just being friendly. Anyways I was looking at a sharp new helmet in the Pro Shop but the Wallbanger said no we needed to save up and get "Wicked Child's" engine tuned before he took another set of license Tests that would let us earn more money. He did agree to some sight seeing so it was off to the City Trials.
After our whirlwind tour of Circuito de Madrid, Tokyo R246 and London my nerves were shot and we still didn't have enough money for the engine tuning so I agreed to taking a Coffee break. Hey in my state even bad coffee is better.:drool:

Well I must say the Eco Challenge: Stage 1 on Nürburgring Nordscleife was a soothing change, not to mention the mildest driving I've ever seen Ol'Harvey do. He says it's old hat to him having done this sort of thing as a young whipersnapper with only a bit of change in his pocket to buy gas with.
(Note: the Wallbanger says the key to this is to accelerate at just above idle to between 70-80mph then just coast the car only using a minimum bit of power to keep the speed in that range. Never touch the brakes and it's an easy run to the Gold.)
For the Cone Challenge: Trial 2 I wisely decided to watch on the coffee shop monitors as Ol'Harvey gleefully sent cones flying about the arena. Hmm the coffee seemed much better this time.
Anyways while our Bank Balance was looking much better we agreed that the Wallbanger would do the Mission Races before we did any more work on our project.
Those out of the way with a couple new trophies and a freshly delivered Evo parked in the garage it was time to get some work done on the "Wicked Child".

Engine Tuning: Stage 3 shot the power up to 326HP and after Ol'Harvey tossed a portable grill and large ice chest in the back (109kg ballast at +50) "Wicked Child" was finely at 500PP.
A Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission with max speed set to 174mph would help deliver all that new power, while a Triple-Plate Clutch Kit & Carbon Drive Shaft would let the engine rev up much quicker between shifts aiding acceleration.
Of course all this new stuff wiped out our Bank balance leaving us just C1,780 so we decided to go to the GT Compact Car Championship before the Wallbanger took his next series of license tests.

Unfortunately all that new power put "Wicked Child" a bit over the championships PP limit. No problem, just switched a few parts back to stock and we were good.
(Change all power upgrades to stock except for Engine Tuning Stage 3 and Intake Tuning to bring the car down to 450PP exactly.)

The championship with races at Autumn Ring-Mini/Reverse, Cape Ring-Inside and Suzuka Circuit East Course positively flew by. A classic Lancia Delta joined our growing collection of cars and the bank balance was looking better.
So while Ol'Harvey Wallbanger heads off to get his National A license, the "Wicked Child" is back in the shop getting all the power goodies re-fitted and having Racing Brakes, something I'm highly in favor of with the Wallbangers driving, Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential, now isn't that a mouthful, and a Torque-Distributing Center Differential installed.
Racing Brake settings 4/5

FCMLSD Settings
Initial 25/25
Accel 10/25
Braking 10/20

T-DCD Settings 45/55

With these last few upgrades our "Wicked Child" Daihatsu Storia X4 '00 building project is nearly complete.

Ol'Harvey Wallbanger suggests we do one more quick race at Silverstone National Circuit so we can buy a set of Sports Soft tires to use in future races.

The extra cash also allows us to get a set of +2inch Larger Wheels installed to dress things up a bit and I opt for the ENKEI Baja ones to pay tribute to the cars rally background.

This leaves us with C3,820 in the bank which isn't quite enough for even a cheap paintjob. Oh well guess we can live with the white for another race or two.:drool:

Last edited:
Wicked Child
GT6 begginers guide to creating a 500PP Killer on a budget!
Part 3

Well this is going to be a very short segment as Ol'Harvey Wallbanger seems to have disappeared someplace and we can't go racing without him.

So figured I'd take this time to give you the full "Wicked Child" Daihatsu Storia X4 '00 tune.
uf87.jpg

Parts List
Tires
Comfort Soft-Sport Soft
Suspension
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Drivetrain (Transmission)
Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission
Drivetrain
Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential (FCMLSD)
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque-Distributing Center Differential (T-DCD)
Power
Engine Tuning; Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Body
Weight Reduction; Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Other
Wheels; +2 inch size ENKEI Baja

Settings
Suspension
Ride Height 90/95
Spring Rate 3.09/3.39
Compression 2/3
Extension 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber 2.0/1.8
Toe Angle 0.00/+0.10
Brake Balance 4/5
Transmission
Max Speed (Auto Set) 174mph
Drivetrain
FCMLSD:
-Initial 25/25
-Acceleration 10/20
-Braking 10/20
T-DCD 45/55
Body
Ballast 109kg at +50

The car is 500PP
Max Power 326HP
Max Torque 221ft-lb
Weight 846kg with 52/48 distribution

IMPORTANT NOTE!
The above tune is without Oil Change!
If/when you change the oil Ol'Harvey Wallbanger recommends the following adjustments to keep it at 500PP.
Ballast 138kg at +50
Power Limiter 99.8%

There you have it!
And remember, as Ol'Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive Hard and have FUN!:cheers::gtpflag:

Photo and paintjob courtesy of "The Princess" & Krenkme.👍👍

Independent Review by chrisdittmer

Last edited:
I used the outlaw ae86 keiichi tune back in GT5 as i was more partial to grip tunes, look forward to seeing what you guys can do with the AE86 in GT6 :)

I used the outlaw ae86 keiichi tune back in GT5 as i was more partial to grip tunes, look forward to seeing what you guys can do with the AE86 in GT6 :)
Will definitely be looking at tuning one at some point. Glad you enjoyed the GT5 tunes we did and hope we can continue providing fun tunes here in GT6. :cheers:

Looking forward to testing the update XD, part 1 was good enough for competetive wins at national A 500pp clubman. I'm sure the ai were driving slower on purpose!!!

Looking forward to testing the update XD, part 1 was good enough for competetive wins at national A 500pp clubman. I'm sure the ai were driving slower on purpose!!!
I've used the full on 500PP tune to win enough series in iB to unlock its final championship event. Haven't tried it in all of the ones there its eligible for but the only one I've been unable to win at so far is Supercars at La Sarthe. Just doesn't have enough top end to run with them on all those long straights.:(:lol: Had to drive a bit dirty on the other two supercar races but won both of them. Nothing like passing an FXX with two corners left then blocking him to the checkered!:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Clueless over The Hill Outlaws
KTM X-BOW Street '12
9c397474-2e2f-4eeb-bd6c-47438c4990fd_zpsc6c14646.png

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Prize Car
Paintjob: Stock
Wheels: Stock
aero : Stock
Weight Reduction: no
Window Weight Reduction: no
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: no
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: no
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: no
Transmission: no
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: no
Carbon Drive Shaft: no
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SH

The Tune
Ballast weight : 25/-50
Power Limiter : 91.7%

LSD
front = initial 10, acceleration 16, braking 10

Suspension
Ride height front 75, rear 75
Spring rate front 4.28, rear 8.74
Dampers (Extension) front 3 rear 3
Dampers (Compression) front 3 rear 3
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 4
Camber angle front -.10 rear .20
Brake kit: racing, front 6 rear 4

Transmission: only stock is available
tuned with a dual shock 3/stick,triggers

The car has 500 PP, weighs 815Kg with a 41/59 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.77 kg/hp, has 216 HP
@5800 rpm and produces 228.7 ft-lb torque @2000 rpm

Notes:
The first budget tune of gt6 for me. Since the x-bow is a prize car you only need to buy
the custom suspension and lsd (the twin plate clutch is optional). I didn't change the oil
when new and chose to limit it to 500pp and SH tires. The car handles really well right out
the box and even better now with the custom suspension and lsd.

Edit: added racing brakes, much easier to control the car under braking now

ENJOY, AC
You mean Toe Angle and No Camber I think...?!

Hey guys was just looking at the Vision GT section next to the dealerships and saw something that has the Ol'Wallbanger all giddy with excitement...

At some point we're getting a VGT Daihatsu!:cheers::gtpflag:

You're welcome. This is my first tuned car in GT6. ;) 👍
Great to hear. I played with the lsd settings and brake balance today and noted the changes in the build sheet. If you get a chance try it with the old settings a lap then apply the new and let me know how it feels now with a 👍 or 👎.

Last edited:
So are AC and me the only one's currently working on tunes around here?:odd:

I may have a SL 55 '02 and a Lancia Delta tune up later today. Both are prize cars so everyone should have them.👍👍

Last edited:
Great to hear. I played with the lsd settings and brake balance today and noted the changes in the build sheet. If you get a chance try it with the old settings a lap then apply the new and let me know how it feels now with a 👍 or 👎.
👍

Hey all. I test drove XDesperado's Storia tune and would definitely recommend it for any 500pp and or 4WD race. Here are the results of my test drive. Very good tune for sure!

So I decided to try 2 tracks...Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring. On both tracks, I first ran 10 laps with all the upgrades but left the default settings and recorded my best time. Then I restarted and ran another ten laps with the your settings and recorded me best time then subtracted the difference. The one thing I did adjust for both in terms of settings was changing the tranny top speed to 174mph so it would really be an apples to apples comparison.

Trial Mountain:
1:41.091 -- without settings
1:38.094 -- with settings
2.997 -- difference

High Speed Ring
1:15.927 -- without settings
1:14.594 -- with settings
1.333- difference

I also used it in the National A 4WD Challenge and that was where I really noticed the biggest difference. In the test drives above I was just riding the driving line, but vs the computer cars I had to weave in and out of cars in addition to getting around the track. It was really nice to drive a well tuned car for the first time in GT6!

@chrisdittmer
Thanks again for the Test drive. 👍👍
Hopefully the gang here can help fill your garage with some fun quality tunes.:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Still not upgraded from Storia Mark 1 yet, gonna see how far i can take it. It's such a good drive. Comfortably won the 3 night master races!!

Still not upgraded from Storia Mark 1 yet, gonna see how far i can take it. It's such a good drive. Comfortably won the 3 night master races!!
The big increase in power between the version in Part 1 and the full 500PP version takes it from being a sporty little runabout too serious thrill ride.:gtpflag:

"Abarth 500 '09"
* New Changes 1/22/14 *
Update 9-10-14 in bold

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Abarth do not change the oil
Weight Reduction: stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: yes
Turbo: high RPM
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: stage 2
Intake tuning: yes
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: Race Ti
Transmission: FC
Clutch/flywheel: Triple Plate Clutch
Tires: SH

Suspension
Ride height front 120, rear 85
Spring rate front 7.02, rear 4.15
Dampers (Compression) front 2 rear 8
Dampers (Extension) front 3 rear 8
Anti-roll bars front 2 rear 7

Camber angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front +.02 rear -.20

Brakes: racing fr 0 rr 10

LSD
front = initial 5, acceleration 25, braking 5

Transmission
set final to highest setting then set top speed to 112mph
112 mph *
1st:2.835*
2nd:1.940*
3rd:1.445*
4th:1.130*
5th:.910*
final gearing:3.094*
for NBR 'Nord only* use tune sheet B or C for custom gearbox

The Tune
Ballast weight : 36/50
Power Limiter : 96.4%%

Transmission: Manual

The car has 450 PP, weighs 900Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 4.07 kg/hp, has 221 HP @5800 rpm and produces 204 ft-lb torque @5500 rpm

Notes:

Update: Fixed some understeer issues on short tracks and have given it sharper handling overall. Also it works well with SH tires if you prefer.:cheers:

ENJOY, AC

Last edited:
I've used the full on 500PP tune to win enough series in iB to unlock its final championship event. Haven't tried it in all of the ones there its eligible for but the only one I've been unable to win at so far is Supercars at La Sarthe. Just doesn't have enough top end to run with them on all those long straights.:(:lol: Had to drive a bit dirty on the other two supercar races but won both of them. Nothing like passing an FXX with two corners left then blocking him to the checkered!:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Finally relented and built the full fat version. Man, it's fun throwing it around Matterhorn, those rally cars didn't know what had hit them. Had so much fun i 'm thinking of running the races again. Great tune, thanks for your efforts. Liking the presentation too :-)

@biffa3 told you the 500PP version made a big difference in the driving experience.
That's when it really earns the name "Wicked Child".

The Mt. Panarama races are a blast as well, just got to watch the braking at the end of the long downhill there as it can get a little loose if your not in the right location on the track.:crazy::lol:

So are AC and me the only one's currently working on tunes around here?:odd:

I may have a SL 55 '02 and a Lancia Delta tune up later today. Both are prize cars so everyone should have them.👍👍
My GT6 hours are barely into the double digits, I think. And even if they were into two figures, the first number should be lower than 2. I'll try to squeeze some time in to tune, but I think we're all either busy or just waiting until MCH nails the tuning physics for us before we start posting.

First tune ever…Cizeta or Diablo? :dopey:

Usually I'm a lurker, but I figured I'd break my silence to give my opinion of the "Wicked Child". I generally stick to mostly budget cars in Gran Turismo, so it was awesome to see the Storia become such a beast.

I'd consider myself a just below average Dualshock 3 driver, but this thing was so easy to drive, I felt like a champ the whole way through the early races walkthrough, and now with the complete version, I'm taking on Rally Cars in the Gornergrat League and winning fairly often (when I don't make too many mistakes). Most of all, the car is fun! Something I never thought I'd say about any Daihatsu (not counting racing my buddy on Autumn Ring Mini with some Midgets). I can't wait to try the Abarth 500 tune when I get some credits saved up.

Thanks for the work!

@The Hitman glad to hear your enjoying "Wicked Child"!👍👍

Must admit that in real life you'd practically have to hold me at gunpoint to get me in a Daihatsu. Or any other sub-compact car. That being said I grew to love them in GT5 and GT6 has only made them more fun to play with.

The idea of taking some tiny econo box and turning it into a track monster just speaks to the hot rodder in me I guess. Brings back fond memories of pouring through car magazines as a teenager trying to figure out what me and my friends could do to our VWs, corvairs, mavericks or other rolling piece of scrap metal to get a bit more performance out of them and stick it to the rich kids who's parents bought them the latest sports cars.

As for your driving skills in game...I earned my name of Ol'Harvey Wallbanger so you can guess what mine are like!:crazy::lol:

"Abarth 500 '09"

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Abarth
Weight Reduction: stage 1
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: yes
ECU Tuning: yes
Engine Tuning: no
Intake tuning: yes
Exhaust Manifold: yes
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Race Ti
Transmission: FC
Clutch/flywheel: Triple Plate Clutch
Tires: CS

Suspension
Ride height front 120, rear 120
Spring rate front 5.02, rear 3.48
Dampers (Compression) front 3 rear 5
Dampers (Extension) front 5 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 3
Camber angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front -.15 rear .05
Brakes: stock

LSD
front = initial 10, acceleration 16, braking 10

Transmission
137 mph
1st:2.995
2nd:2.180
3rd:1.645
4th:1.290
5th:1.032
final gearing:3.002

The Tune
Ballast weight : 16/50
Power Limiter : 100%
Transmission: Manual

The car has 450 PP, weighs 963Kg with a 61/39 front/rear weight distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 4.13 kg/hp, has 233 HP @6200 rpm and produces 200.5 ft-lb torque @5700 rpm

Notes:
If you remember the Fiat 500 from GT5, well this car isn't anything like it. The sound of the engine alone is worth the price of admission. PD showed this little Abarth some love giving it a great powerband and handling. One of my favorite cars so far and I'm not usually fond of FF cars.

Geared for NBR 'Nord adjust gearing as needed for other courses.

ENJOY, AC
Hey AC! I reach only 421PP & 189BHP. Something's wrong...:odd:

Hey AC! I reach only 421PP & 189BHP. Something's wrong...:odd:
high rpm turbo....:ouch: That's twice now I forgot something on the build sheet.:banghead: Also no oil change.
I tested the car at several tracks and the faster the track the better the car works. I took it to the London track yesterday and something just didn't feel right so an update for tight track handling is needed. Its going to take time and a lot of experimentation getting one tune to work across a wide variety of tracks. Check back every so often for updates and bear with me everyone while I learn the new physics model.:)

Happy motoring:gtpflag:

Back