Clyde's Photo Corner [21/8 - Aracnhophobic - Alfa Romeo 4C]

_______________________​

Some of the >300 photos I've taken to test and adjust my baseline photomode settings while frantically running from place to place, doing events, racing against planes, and finding lost barns. Hopefully when I'll rejoin my X1 at the end of the week I will be able to shoot for real.

Last edited:
Lots of amazing shots in here! My favorite would happen to be the side profile of the Raptor, captured it in the most fitting environment.

_______________________​

Thank you, guys. C&C can only help me improve my skills and motivate me to do and do better.

@ImaRobot @Fezz_ST, you're both quite wrong: the car in the last shot isn't a Hudson, but rather the Mercury 49 included in the VIP pack which I am loving even more than the good ol' Hudson Hornet. Finger crossed for Doc Hudson to make a comeback with DLC! Would love to shoot both.

Been taking some shots with some new settings. The key to crisp and natural-looking photos in Horizon seems to be a high vignette and no sepia - basically, the opposite of what we had to do in FM5. Go figure. I am also trying to be more audacious with the aperture and with angles. And seeing my photos with no ugly Forza watermark still makes me smile.

Last edited:

The good news? I finally moved out of my house for real, and this time my 'box came with me. The bad news? I forgot to take the pad with me, therefore I'll be stuck with an Xbox-shaped brick 'till next week. Oh, well. I still got some material left.

Colors courtesy of @Frizbe - his Manufacturer Color Chart is a saving grace.

Next week, my first set! With cool angles! And settings that are not the same for every single shot! At least, that's the plan.

Last edited:
The most tasteful gallery yet. A large variance between shots. I like how on the classic rally car shots, the camera angles become quite raw and real (Renault Maxi 5, Renault Alpine). Though for favourite shots, I've been sitting here a few minutes, and I really can't come to any decisions... You've hit the consistency nail on the head! :bowdown:

I have two favorites. The first one is the rain shot of the F40, brings back memories of the times I would go cruising in the rain(although I didnt have an F40, I had a civic :lol:) The second is the Alpine, love the action in it, looks fun tearing it up through the dirt.

15004017704_7f9fb35011_z.jpg

2012 BMW M5 - Wheels: HRE P40SC - Color: BMW Frozen Blue

So, a man spends a week without his Xbox, then another in hospital, and when he comes home, he finds that the cancer of watermarks has spread over his new, beloved car hooning experience. What does he do? Does he give up, hang his head in resignation as his once proud work lays defaced by a mere corporate logo? Does he cave in to the oppression of a developer that seemingly hates the proud community born around their games?

No. No, my friends.

HE MAKES RALPH FULTON HIS *****, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

I'm proud to present you my first batch of un-watermarked photos. Yeah, you're going to need a bit patience and GIMP, but rest assured, if you're reading this or have worn pants this morning without any considerable help you possess the cognitive and motor faculties to employ my totally non-patented WATERMARK B-GOEN method (for which I will upload a tutorial posthaste click to read it!). Which has me facepalming because it's really the most stupid thing, but I didn't think of it until now, and so did everybody else, apparently.

I also watermarked a horse **** on Ralph Fulton's soul. Because vengeance tastes sweet and I've been eating hospital food for a week (blah).

Those are the first five shots that I've taken to experiment with my simple method of making photos beautiful again. I've choosen the BMW M5 for two reasons. First, because it's a nice car and I reeeally wanted to paint one Frozen Blue and drop it on a set of HRE. And secondarily because that's the car Ralph Fulton wish he had. Instead when he leaves the Playground Games at the end of a work day he enters his Jetta or Prius or what-have-you boring car and cries. Because it's not an M5. And because I've drawn a massive horse schlong on his very own mortal soul.

Also: yeah, been away for longer than I planned due to first not remembering to take the 'box controller with me to my new home, and then an unplanned (and frankly, quite umpleasant) trip to the hospital. I am currently working on my first real photoset, which will set the standard for my future work (AND WILL BE AWESOME I SWEAR). I also decided to switch to an uniformed 640x360 preview size both here and on the fm.net forums. The change will be soon reflected on previous posts.

C&C on the shots (and on the car, too!) would be appreciated. ; )

[DISCLAIMER: Of course, I am kidding. Ralph Fulton is a totally ok guy. Probably a better person than I am. And I am sure they have their own reason to re-implement WMs, even through I still believe its a choice that is disrespectful towards the Forzatographers community which puts a lot of time and passion and dedication of making the most of the tools they gave us. Also, I don't know black magic and don't believe in souls, and can't draw a horse penis either. And I don't know what car Ralph Fulton drives. Judging by his Twitter profile pic, he probably runs to work while saving kids in Africa, he's that kind of guy]

Last edited:
Great set! Especially the second and third shots. You are absolutely right in saying that it makes you want to crack open a beer. :P 👍 But why isn't the car shiny? Is it matte paint?

_______________________​

The most (and least) attentive of you may notice the presence of watermarks in this shots. And the title of this update is quite self-explicatory. The point is, don't get me wrong - I still hate that watermark. Some shots it ruins and some others it makes less credible - it's a blight and I wish PG/T10 could see things the way I do and let our work as Forzatographer speak for itself of the merits of Forza. But alas that's not how things work. And while my method of removing watermarks is effective, it's also time consuming due to the innacuracy of the rotation system. And taking the same shot twice totally kills my workflow, and I'd rather have shots spoiled by a watermark than no shot at all.

Therefore, I give up. You win, Turn 10. My photos will have watermarks from now on, bar some exceptions (like, say, shots I decide to work on in Photoshop). Besides, this new watermark is not too bad of a guy. He's not as huge and obnoxious as his FM5 and FM4 brethen, and he even gets out of the way... Sometimes.

Last edited:
You're right on the watermark thing. I've been trying to do the rotate thing, but it sometimes ruins the shots. Especially with lense flare. The lense flare is different when rotated, and that's irritating. But great new set. 👍

_______________________​

These updates, they get larger everytime! But it's easy to shoot the new DLC cars. No, your eyes don't deceive you: there's no 2000GT shot... Yet. I got plans for that car.

This should be the last random photobomb before I upload that P1 set I've been working on. Shooting the latest McLaren hypercar ended up being harder than I expected! But I think I got enough material to work with now! Until then, folks.

Last edited:
A lot to like here. The Ferrari at the top, for one. My own photography is a little too rigid, I would have moved the camera so the pole didn't get in the way, but leaving it here makes it look more like someone just managed to get the shot of the awesome multi-million dollar Ferrari going past. I also like the two Subarus side-by-side, and the scenic overlook of Castelleto is gorgeous. Oh, and that beautiful Ferrari dashboard shot.

Back