Cockpit recommendation

• Thread starter SnakeBite
  • 10 comments
United States
Texas
Hi all,

Great forum with lots of information which is difficult to search through entirely. I was wondering if there is a thread regarding a cockpit recommendation as I'm currently seeking to buy a new one for PC and PS4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I recently upgraded to an 8020 aluminium profile rig and couldn't be happier. Unbelievably solid and adjustable with lots of ability to tailor it to your own needs. There are quite a few online sites that sell them. I got mine from Sim Lab and can highly recommend them. https://sim-lab.eu/

I've had Playseat Evo, a TrakRacer RS6, and then and RS8, and have now finally bought a SimLabs GT1. You can see the progression. I loved the RS6 and RS8, and still have the RS8 setup. The GT1 is a thing of beauty, but I do love the TrakRacer stuff too - check it out. Ask away if you have any questions...

4Playracing makes really nice 8020 rigs and is USA based. Shipping is free to the USA.

Yes they are cheaper and local in the US, but I prefer the look of the sim lab cockpits (P1 specially) and also the option to front mount the direct drive servo motor, I did pay $350 more than the OSW option 4playracindUSA offers though but that was mostly the shipping cost

Yes they are cheaper and local in the US, but I prefer the look of the sim lab cockpits (P1 specially) and also the option to front mount the direct drive servo motor, I did pay $350 more than the OSW option 4playracindUSA offers though but that was mostly the shipping cost

The Simlab cockpits do look better but a similar GT1 cockpit was going to cost me $500 cdn more than 4play. I took advantage of a $100 usd off sale on ebay.

The Simlab cockpits do look better but a similar GT1 cockpit was going to cost me $500 cdn more than 4play. I took advantage of a $100 usd off sale on ebay.

Congrats, I was also going to buy from them because there was a good review for them at one of the forums I visit and was almost going to buy it until I saw pics of the P1 with the front mount, that changed the balance in an instant, more expensive but have no regrets specially since my last cockpit consisted of a next level wheel stand (copy) and a gaming chair.

Back