Codemasters Reveals Almost All The Cars in GRID

So do I - the current track list is only around 60% of what was in GRID Autosport.

But stupid me will probably buy it anyway.

It's fine, they'll let you test drive the DLC though, so you can finally see Bathurst like it was in GRID 2 while driving the same GT4 vehicles that were in DR2.0 /s

I do have to say though, at the very least, DR 2.0's base game has an equal amount of cars and locales compared to DR1.

This however... is really lacking compared to the other GRID games (atleast track wise). It seems Codemasters is going hard on the live service model.

EDIT: Is that a Lancia Stratos track car I see? Hmm, it's not a huge selection of cars but atleast some of them are quite unique choices.

Last edited:
Honestly that's a pretty solid car roster so far. Despite literally having 1/12th the size of forza 7's it's got quite a few more hits than forza 7. If they could double that thru DLC with similar additions in each class, say maybe a final roster somewhere between 125-150 then that would be a solid game, just wish it didnt look so Need for Speed like.

I will get grid when its on a bargain sale and see some proper content updates regardless if its paid or for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
No cars from Jay Leno, I prefer to wait for Gran Turismo 7Sport. Tank maybe there and run again on the moon... wow!!
All things that I wish to see in future GT's and if Jay Leno have a 959 run it in PPHC, !é o que se pede.

Meanwhile this Grid is looking very good:cheers:

I know we saw a pic with the FG X Falcon.(V8)Supercar, but wonder if the Mustang and Altima will be joinng the grid. I doubt they'll get the Volvo S60 and Erebus E63.

Also, more TCR. Adding the popular Hyundai i30 TCR, seems like a no brainer. I think the Civic TCR was also found in a pic as well.

Last edited:
I hope there will be subdivisions because some of those groupings look all over the place with cars from various eras and racing series lumped into one (Touring and GT in particular). Like 330 P4 in GT when it should be prototype. Or the oddball Stratos in GT. Or the double Sierra RS500 (the only difference being one is Group A and the other is ???).

If you think F1 GTR in Gr.3 in GT Sport is bad, you haven't seen this :P

Wait, what happened to the DPi cars? Didn't see them on the list.

I really am hoping this game will NOT be heavily DLC dependent with only 60 cars confirmed (I counted 59 on list), kind of like what Dirt Rally 2.0 is. That would put a big red X on this title for me. If it is free, then obviously it will be a different story.

Also, I hope that the list doesn't mean that various classes/groups aren't grouped together (i.e. GT4 with GTE) like in Forza. That doesn't work for me at all.

I do like me some Trans-Am.

Wait, what happened to the DPi cars? Didn't see them on the list.

I really am hoping this game will NOT be heavily DLC dependent with only 60 cars confirmed (I counted 59 on list), kind of like what Dirt Rally 2.0 is. That would put a big red X on this title for me. If it is free, then obviously it will be a different story.

Also, I hope that the list doesn't mean that various classes/groups aren't grouped together (i.e. GT4 with GTE) like in Forza. That doesn't work for me at all.

The DPI cars were confirmed in the last batch of car announcement, not sure why is it not on that list.

GT4 and GTE are two separate class, Codemasters has placed the GTE in Group 1 and GT4 in Group 2. It is rather annoying that the car list is listed by its career branch class and not its in game sub class.

I hope there will be subdivisions because some of those groupings look all over the place with cars from various eras and racing series lumped into one (Touring and GT in particular). Like 330 P4 in GT when it should be prototype. Or the oddball Stratos in GT. Or the double Sierra RS500 (the only difference being one is Group A and the other is ???).

If you think F1 GTR in Gr.3 in GT Sport is bad, you haven't seen this :P
Well, I knew something was up when they put the new Pony cars in the same race with the old pony cars.

Well, I knew something was up when they put the new Pony cars in the same race with the old pony cars.

That too. After reading the main thread though, it seems the grouping in the list is just based on the main 5 career mode disciplines. In the actual races itself the cars will be grouped correctly. We'll see how true that is come release, as I still remembe a few trailers showing old and new muscle cars racing together.

Also, the Stratos could be the Group 5 racer. That would make sense if it's put in GT.

5706904105_86a1f244b1_b.jpg

That too. After reading the main thread though, it seems the grouping in the list is just based on the main 5 career mode disciplines. In the actual races itself the cars will be grouped correctly. We'll see how true that is come release, as I still remembe a few trailers showing old and new muscle cars racing together.

Also, the Stratos could be the Group 5 racer. That would make sense if it's put in GT.

The whole batch of Group 5 cars are classed as touring cars, top tier of the touring branch I think. The Stratos in GT class is likely just a model port from Dirt Rally and it is made to race with Alpine A110 Group 4 and Porsche 911 RSR.

They do have some a lot of weird cars and classing, like the GT4 having a 350z GT4 and a Porsche 997 GT4 (looks like the RGT from Dirt Rally 2). The lowest tier of Tuner cars has Subaru BRZ, Honda S2000, Nissan 240ZG and Nissan 2000GT-R classes together. There is also a Camaro Super Tourer to race with the Holden Commodore Supercar.

Never saw that version before, would be great if it was that one indeed.

The whole batch of Group 5 cars are classed as touring cars, top tier of the touring branch I think. The Stratos in GT class is likely just a model port from Dirt Rally and it is made to race with Alpine A110 Group 4 and Porsche 911 RSR.

They do have some a lot of weird cars and classing, like the GT4 having a 350z GT4 and a Porsche 997 GT4 (looks like the RGT from Dirt Rally 2). The lowest tier of Tuner cars has Subaru BRZ, Honda S2000, Nissan 240ZG and Nissan 2000GT-R classes together. There is also a Camaro Super Tourer to race with the Holden Commodore Supercar.
The 350Z and 997 GT4, are two of the original GT4 cars from when real life GT4 began. They'd probably be outclassed by the newer Camaro GT4.R and Mustang GT4.

Being a fanboy of one specific car is such a shocking personality trait honestly

Do better my guy

*Throws a wet blanket on my joy for the Camaro GT4.R to not look like a fanboy*

I know we saw a pic with the FG X Falcon.(V8)Supercar, but wonder if the Mustang and Altima will be joinng the grid. I doubt they'll get the Volvo S60 and Erebus E63.

I was curious how the FG wasn't listed, but figured it would be in since we saw the pic of it on a screen. I personally won't hold my breath on the Mustang or Altima, unless they become DLC after launch.

Where do you see any Trans-Am cars? :odd:

There is also a Camaro Super Tourer to race with the Holden Commodore Supercar.

Is that how that's going to work? I was scratching my head when I saw Camaro Super Tourer. We knew the Camaros shown in plenty of preview pics/vids are the SSX modified in the stock class. I've personally just wanted more Camaro action since the Corvette isn't a direct competitor to the Mustang.

Can’t wait for Grid to come out.
I don’t really care about cars. It’s the tracks that count, and as they’re coming for free, I’m sure I could live with it

I was curious how the FG wasn't listed, but figured it would be in since we saw the pic of it on a screen. I personally won't hold my breath on the Mustang or Altima, unless they become DLC after launch.

Is that how that's going to work? I was scratching my head when I saw Camaro Super Tourer. We knew the Camaros shown in plenty of preview pics/vids are the SSX modified in the stock class. I've personally just wanted more Camaro action since the Corvette isn't a direct competitor to the Mustang.

we are around 10 cars short from the full car list, pretty sure the FGX Falcon will be listed on the next list. Grid has the VASC/V8SC car class named as Super Tourer since the last game, that Camaro should be classed in there as well.

The touring branch in the career menu does have a picture of the Camaro and the FGX Falcon:
GRID-VASC.png

we are around 10 cars short from the full car list, pretty sure the FGX Falcon will be listed on the next list. Grid has the VASC/V8SC car class named as Super Tourer since the last game, that Camaro should be classed in there as well.

The touring branch in the career menu does have a picture of the Camaro and the FGX Falcon:
GRID-VASC.png
Do you know how many races have each event ? It's too little to see anything.
One championship with 5 races isn't interesting.

This don’t seem to be Much of intrested game to me i will be skipping it most likely. I will Only try it if the sell it out cheap

Back