DiRT Rally 2.0 Hands-On Preview: Magical Stage Design, Tarmac Physics Need Work

Any news on the pricing of these DLC / Season Passes? I’ll preorder the deluxe edition if it makes more sense money wise but otherwise I’d like to check season 2 offers some new locations :lol:

Much like @TypeRDC5 I’ve been playing a lot of DR1.0 and know the tracks off by heart!

*@$#! no %$#é! rallycross
swearing-smiley.gif
*-!@# DLC
angry-smiley-face-swearing-emoticon.gif
*@*%$@
My thoughts exactly. Rally cross is what is going to make online great. DR rally cross was good fun online but got boring quick with 3 locations.

Sooo relieved that the Manta 400 returns! Huge Opel rally car fan right here. Can’t wait to try out the Ascona as well, as I skipped DiRT 4.

Codies forums and the discord chat..mostly discord at the moment. Gotta be quick to snap the info as the chat moves to fast in there it can be a pain having to trawl back through it.

a.jpg.7bced635d25c1f89c340acd065d4a6e4.jpg

Yeah that flurry of comments on Discord was dizzying after the announcement. It was the first time I saw "multiple users are typing" instead of "so-and-so and so-and-so are typing" :lol:.

Rereleasing old content as paid DLC? Thats a Yikes from me. I get why they’re doing it but come on - would anyone really have grumbled if they took the originals and slightly spruced them up for the base version of the game?

The cars are great but this feels like a bit of a bummer.

The first DLC being old courses from the first game is a massive disappointment for me. The core of rally racing is challenging courses without really lnowing 100% what youre facing in the next turn, and they're gonna throw into the game older courses that people already memorized.

The only old content I'd love to have from DR1 is Pikes Peak, not happening because Sony has the rights now.

Any news on the pricing of these DLC / Season Passes? I’ll preorder the deluxe edition if it makes more sense money wise but otherwise I’d like to check season 2 offers some new locations :lol:

Much like @TypeRDC5 I’ve been playing a lot of DR1.0 and know the tracks off by heart!

Agreed. Would be good to know how much the ‘seasons’ are going to be, to see if paying Deluxe makes financial sense (aside from included cars and early release). I haven’t been able to find anything online yet re pricing.

I'm very happy with the tracks and cars that are coming with this first dlc. One of my wishes for Dirt 2.0 is that we get a good variety of liveries for each car. A livery editor would be absolutely awesome too (wishful thinking!)

I agree with you guys, releasing DR1 tracks as paid DLC (in March!) so soon after the full game (26 Feb) they must have them ready does stink a little.

I am normally fine paying for DLC and Season Passes for extra additional content six months down the line to re-ignite a game but this DLC so close to release is not good practice in the gaming industry. It is not just CM but many other games have started to do this too in the past few years.

In fact it puts me off buying future new releases :yuck: I know it is CM decision to do this and offer the DLC in the deluxe version only but I feel these should already be in the full base game. P.S (I have pre-ordered) It is not the money, it is the principle.

I agree with you guys, releasing DR1 tracks as paid DLC (in March!) so soon after the full game (26 Feb) they must have them ready does stink a little.

I am normally fine paying for DLC and Season Passes for extra additional content six months down the line to re-ignite a game but this DLC so close to release is not good practice in the gaming industry. It is not just CM but many other games have started to do this too in the past few years.

In fact it puts me off buying future new releases :yuck: I know it is CM decision to do this and offer the DLC in the deluxe version only but I feel these should already be in the full base game. P.S (I have pre-ordered) It is not the money, it is the principle.
It certainly is off-putting. No pre-order for me although they're included with the Deluxe Edition. The scheme reminds me way to much f how they handled DiRT3's biweekly DLC after the games' release. Like then, I'd bet they could've included some of them in the base game.

As much of a CMR/DiRT fan I am, I think I'll hold of buying DR2 for a while, until the the inevitable Complete Edition hits the shelves. Considering how quickly games get sales these days too, I'm in no hurry.

It is not the money, it is the principle.

The principle of a business is to make money. To do that you have to make sure that there is a balance between resources and goods that you deliver in a timely manner. Codemaster can't employ people to just create content somewhere when buyers would like to buy. These things have to be planned for.

You only get it sooner rather then later. How can that be a bad thing? You probably would have bought it anyway.

This is not just another clothing piece in Fortnite.

Agreed. Would be good to know how much the ‘seasons’ are going to be, to see if paying Deluxe makes financial sense (aside from included cars and early release). I haven’t been able to find anything online yet re pricing.

My guess it will only be two seasons. Look at PC2. There a similar thing happened. 4 DLC packs where in the season pass and that is what we got. Again, planning of resources.

I hope you see the pattern.

I'm very happy with the tracks and cars that are coming with this first dlc. One of my wishes for Dirt 2.0 is that we get a good variety of liveries for each car. A livery editor would be absolutely awesome too (wishful thinking!)

Didn't the GRID series from codemasters have a livery editor or am I mistaken?

I only played the original but I remember being able to add sponsors and decals to the cars, cant remember how in depth it was however, should be easy enough to implement to DR.

@MXH 👍

@MarcoM I understand they have to make money, maybe I was being too harsh and Yes I will buy it, and I do really like CM Rally games. I just feel maybe there are better ways to take my money :P

Rereleasing old content as DLC looks like a crap move, I would expect brand new locations and cars to the franchise added through the season pass that old contents.

Would have been nice if they did what Hitman 2 does, old levels and map are free for owners of the first game

Strange that I hear nobody complaining about including the Nurburgring and exotic cars over and over again in new games.

Seems like a crappy move by CM. I was already on the fence about buying it so I'm definitely not going to pre order now. I'll wait and see what everyone's opinion is after release and decide then. I was relatively disappointed with Dirt 4 so want to make sure it's a return to form before stumping up the cash.

I really like Monte and Germany but it should have been included in the base game since it seems ready/almost ready. Do we know if they are the same stages?

I am glad I cancelled when I see this. I'll get back to D4 some more instead. Will buy eventually.

Gives a bit of a nasty taste for those who bought the deluxe version. What is in the first season really new? 2 cars?

Bummer :indiff:

I really like Monte and Germany but it should have been included in the base game since it seems ready/almost ready. Do we know if they are the same stages?
Not that I'm aware of.

The only details I've seen are the names of the locations, not confirmation of them being the exact same stages as in DR, all new stages or a mix.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I still don't udnerstand why 2 tarmac rallies for the DLC, considering tarmac physics ain't a favourite amongst DR players. They could have very well added UK and Finland instead along with Montecarlo. Not that I don't like Germany, but if I have to choose between Monte and Germany then the former would be the one due to pure classicism of course.

Yes but nobody makes you pay for the Nurburgring over and over as DLC, it's always in the standard game.

You can also switch it around, would you want them to fill the base game with old content and make you pay to add the new locations as DLC?

I still don't udnerstand why 2 tarmac rallies for the DLC, considering tarmac physics ain't a favourite amongst DR players. They could have very well added UK and Finland instead along with Montecarlo. Not that I don't like Germany, but if I have to choose between Monte and Germany then the former would be the one due to pure classicism of course.

Dunno, maybe because Wales and Finland are quite similar to locations already in the game. We have many fast flowing gravel rallies with Poland, NZ, Australia and USA. Would be a bit of a cake on the cake? Greece would have made more sense.

Germany actually felt good in the handling prototype, hopefully it will here as well.

Tarmac still has some quirks needing to be addressed, but it's still better than DR/D4.

Back