Codemasters Signs Exclusive Deal to Make F1 Games Through to 2025

Discussion in 'F1 2019' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 4, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. evldave333

evldave333

Great news I enjoy codies F1 games alot, the licence is in safe hands...

Imari and Kedmasterz like this.
  3. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

They really should go for a non-exclusive license. Have some competition on the F1 game market. Then you can have a proper sim game, and more arcade games at the same time!

4. Divaldo

Divaldo

Good news...I hope it nevers falls in the hands of Polyphony Digitals lol

5. Slapped

Slapped Premium

Bad news for Codemasters - they actually have to do some work next year as there's two new tracks: Zandvoort and Hanoi.

Zona, HazardLvL4, ed24 and 9 others like this.
  6. evldave333

evldave333

I hear you theres very little difference between 17-19 at least the game engine is in a good place though... Will probably make the new tracks paid dlc lol

Pfei likes this.
  7. ctdc67

ctdc67

I like their games but exclusives are no good.........Porsche/EA:sick:

CTznOfTime likes this.
  8. Disco_Volante

Disco_Volante

I'm very happy with this. It seems the games improve quite a bit in both physics and career every year. Let's hope they can keep this up and honestly I don't really have a reason to doubt them. Sure the games have their flaws but again, the career mode and physics are consistently improved and considering the obvious limitation that a game about a single championship has, that's all that matters.

Imari likes this.
  9. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

I do miss Studio Liverpool :(

GiordySays and ESEK like this.
  10. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

I wish FIA didn't allow for an exclusive deal, to give PD the chance to try ...

But as we all know, any new venture by PD will not see the light of day until 10 years later...

So it's a wash

11. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

I really want them to make IndyCar games. It's been since 2005 since a IndyCar has been out on consoles.

TheGeologist likes this.
  12. Daniel

Daniel Premium

I think it's a matter of consumer demand. I don't think IndyCar has a large enough fan-base compared to Formula 1 to have a standalone series. I'd be keen if the full calendar was part of a multi-disciplinary game like Project CARS, Forza or GT though.

GiordySays and TheGeologist like this.
  13. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Well they already added F2,
    hopefully they can add
    F3, F4, Super Formula, Formula E, Formula Ford, RSS, Masters etc.

I’d like them to renew the license for past seasons, so we can multiple like F1 99-02 as F1 10-2020

TheGeologist likes this.
  14. evldave333

evldave333

Im sure there will be some legal / licensing reason why they cant . but I would like to see all the historic racing circuits from previous seasons in the game.

Interstellar9 and TheGeologist like this.
  15. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Might be easier for them to license UK tracks?, they still have Brands Hatch, Jerez, Estoril? & Imola.

Not sure what over UK tracks have been used previously for F1 over than Donington & Brands.

Adelaide was in the Grid / Toca3?

I like to see some of the US tracks since none of them have used since the late 80s / early nineties.

Mexico return was a pleasant surprise but it’s not the same without Peraltada, I still can’t believe they got rid of Malaysia :banghead:

evldave333 likes this.
  16. SimTourist

SimTourist

It's not like there's many racing studios around, it's either Codemasters or no F1 games at all. I wanna see what they can do with nextgen hardware.

17. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Or a non-exclusive license

18. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

They'll be saddled as long as they keep continuing to use that ancient EGO hardware, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

GiordySays likes this.
  19. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Yeah, none of that’s gonna happen buddy.

GiordySays and PozzaP87 like this.
  20. SimTourist

SimTourist

F1 games are some of the better looking racers this gen and run at 60 fps, plus have dynamic ToD and Weather. I'd say they're giving GT and Forza a run for their money easily.

21. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

I know, they just gonna bleed us dry with DLC.

22. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Are they? Aside from cosmetic liveries I don’t see them my us dry with DLC now or anytime soon.

Either way, I’m glad they’ve got it for the long haul. The games have gone strength to strength with every release. I’d been saying for years before they got it that I’d love to see Codemasters get the license and the only real blips they’ve had are 2014 and 215. So I’m very excited to see what they’ll do in the next few years and beyond. Especially with next gen consoles just round the corner.

23. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Is Anthony Davidson still helping them?

24. GiordySays

GiordySays

Tbh I want someone else to make the F1 games, Codemasters F1 games have floaty physics and it’s a bit unrealistic. I’d rather F1 had non exclusive licenses so other better sims can have F1 as well

25. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Who would be your suggestion or preference to make them?

26. GiordySays

GiordySays

PD, Kunos Simulazioni or Studio Liverpool (if they still existed)

27. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Be cool to at least see other studios pitches for an F1 game. Everyone of course will have different opinions but I wouldn’t pick any of those in the absence of Codemasters. Currently I personally would be leaning toward Kylotonn on the strength of their WRC games and the depth they have there. Personally I was a huge fan of the EA ones but I’ll say that quietly. ;)

GiordySays likes this.
  28. Slapped

Slapped Premium

Based on WRC 8, if it was Kylotonn producing an F1 game then I'd be forever driving in F2 - God knows how many hours I've put into WRC 8, and I'm still stuck in WRC2 purgatory.

Admittedly I'm not a great rally driver, it has to be said, but why can't I just run a WRC championship right off the bat, and lose?

MagpieRacer likes this.