Codemasters Signs Exclusive Deal to Make F1 Games Through to 2025

Bad news for Codemasters - they actually have to do some work next year as there's two new tracks: Zandvoort and Hanoi.

I hear you theres very little difference between 17-19 at least the game engine is in a good place though... Will probably make the new tracks paid dlc lol

I'm very happy with this. It seems the games improve quite a bit in both physics and career every year. Let's hope they can keep this up and honestly I don't really have a reason to doubt them. Sure the games have their flaws but again, the career mode and physics are consistently improved and considering the obvious limitation that a game about a single championship has, that's all that matters.

I wish FIA didn't allow for an exclusive deal, to give PD the chance to try ...

But as we all know, any new venture by PD will not see the light of day until 10 years later...

So it's a wash

I really want them to make IndyCar games. It's been since 2005 since a IndyCar has been out on consoles.
I think it's a matter of consumer demand. I don't think IndyCar has a large enough fan-base compared to Formula 1 to have a standalone series. I'd be keen if the full calendar was part of a multi-disciplinary game like Project CARS, Forza or GT though.

Well they already added F2,
hopefully they can add
F3, F4, Super Formula, Formula E, Formula Ford, RSS, Masters etc.

I’d like them to renew the license for past seasons, so we can multiple like F1 99-02 as F1 10-2020

Might be easier for them to license UK tracks?, they still have Brands Hatch, Jerez, Estoril? & Imola.

Not sure what over UK tracks have been used previously for F1 over than Donington & Brands.

Adelaide was in the Grid / Toca3?

I like to see some of the US tracks since none of them have used since the late 80s / early nineties.

Mexico return was a pleasant surprise but it’s not the same without Peraltada, I still can’t believe they got rid of Malaysia :banghead:

It's not like there's many racing studios around, it's either Codemasters or no F1 games at all. I wanna see what they can do with nextgen hardware.

It's not like there's many racing studios around, it's either Codemasters or no F1 games at all. I wanna see what they can do with nextgen hardware.

They'll be saddled as long as they keep continuing to use that ancient EGO hardware, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I know, they just gonna bleed us dry with DLC.

Are they? Aside from cosmetic liveries I don’t see them my us dry with DLC now or anytime soon.

Either way, I’m glad they’ve got it for the long haul. The games have gone strength to strength with every release. I’d been saying for years before they got it that I’d love to see Codemasters get the license and the only real blips they’ve had are 2014 and 215. So I’m very excited to see what they’ll do in the next few years and beyond. Especially with next gen consoles just round the corner.

Are they? Aside from cosmetic liveries I don’t see them my us dry with DLC now or anytime soon.

Either way, I’m glad they’ve got it for the long haul. The games have gone strength to strength with every release. I’d been saying for years before they got it that I’d love to see Codemasters get the license and the only real blips they’ve had are 2014 and 215. So I’m very excited to see what they’ll do in the next few years and beyond. Especially with next gen consoles just round the corner.

Is Anthony Davidson still helping them?

Tbh I want someone else to make the F1 games, Codemasters F1 games have floaty physics and it’s a bit unrealistic. I’d rather F1 had non exclusive licenses so other better sims can have F1 as well

Tbh I want someone else to make the F1 games, Codemasters F1 games have floaty physics and it’s a bit unrealistic. I’d rather F1 had non exclusive licenses so other better sims can have F1 as well

Who would be your suggestion or preference to make them?

PD, Kunos Simulazioni or Studio Liverpool (if they still existed)

Be cool to at least see other studios pitches for an F1 game. Everyone of course will have different opinions but I wouldn’t pick any of those in the absence of Codemasters. Currently I personally would be leaning toward Kylotonn on the strength of their WRC games and the depth they have there. Personally I was a huge fan of the EA ones but I’ll say that quietly. ;)

Currently I personally would be leaning toward Kylotonn on the strength of their WRC games and the depth they have there.

Based on WRC 8, if it was Kylotonn producing an F1 game then I'd be forever driving in F2 - God knows how many hours I've put into WRC 8, and I'm still stuck in WRC2 purgatory.

Admittedly I'm not a great rally driver, it has to be said, but why can't I just run a WRC championship right off the bat, and lose?

I’m glad Codies have it for longer, I think they do a real good job. I skipped 14, 15 and 18 though.

Latest Posts

Back