Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

This is based on a combination the Gran Turismo Normal Car Cup and Gran Turismo 3 Polyphony Digital Cup. Regulations more based the GT1 series. Which for that series your not allowed to touch everything on your car. Not even tires. I chose to allow upgrades to SS tires to be nice but, I still wanted a stock road car feel to cars.

I just couldn't bring myself to open another Gr.3 / Gr.4 with so many to complete against. I wanted something different.

Part of the point of this series was to find the best street legal cars you could buy (if a billionaire) in the game. And showcase it's performance flaws and all. The Laferrari has great suspension and is the best accelerating road car in the game. Which gives it a big advantage but, the car is not without it's flaws.

The Laferrari is one of most difficult road cars too drive. The suffers from excessive wheelspin to the point where the cars wheels can break free by just driving over a steep Hillcrest. The required expert throttle control to drive well. The car also poor brakes for it performance. The the Veyron which weights over 4000 lbs and can out brake the Laferrari. And since the hybrid engine is to give the car an acceleration boost in stead of fuel efficiency. So Laferrari has pretty bad fuel range. It's only about 1 or 2 laps better on fuel than the Veyron without. Jarkulary honestly just really good at saving fuel.

And that's where your wrong. This series would never be able to exist as in the real world. Most of these cars are expensive and unrefined to be allowed to race each other as is.

You are aware that there are tires available in real life that are essentially race tires that somehow get DOT ratings, right? There are nutjobs who have way too much money that actually put these million plus dollar cars on the track.

You are aware that there are tires available in real life that are essentially race tires that somehow get DOT ratings, right? There are nutjobs who have way too much money that actually put these million plus dollar cars on the track.
I'm assuming you mean those tires Manufacturers make that just the beware minimum required tread to be street legal. Yes I'm aware of those tires. The closest grip wise I can to that would the racing rain tires but, they would burn in dry track. Plus the SS tires have enough tread to be used in wet weather.

I'm assuming you mean those tires Manufacturers make that just the beware minimum required tread to be street legal. Yes I'm aware of those tires. The closest grip wise I can to that would the racing rain tires but, they would burn in dry track. Plus the SS tires have enough tread to be used in wet weather.

They actually make DOT tires that are essentially race slicks with minimal amounts of tread/groove to get a DOT rating. They are also extremely soft and wear about as fast as a typical race tire.

They actually make DOT tires that are essentially race slicks with minimal amounts of tread/groove to get a DOT rating. They are also extremely soft and wear about as fast as a typical race tire.
Yes I'm aware of those tires. I think BMW was the first to using those. I remember the bragging about some new tires some years ago. I wonder if customers have to buy new tires every inspection to comply with DOT. I read that tires Bugatti sells on there cars are $42,000 a set.

Is the LaFerarri OP at SSRX or will other cars be competitive?
Races at Special Stage Route X is about top speed, fuel mileage, and good use slipstream. While I have an idea how it would work out. I don't do pre season testing to find what will won every race. I do testing for fuel, tires, and to find an estimate for lap races. But, I do try my best not to give myself an unfair advantage.

Races at Special Stage Route X is about top speed, fuel mileage, and good use slipstream. While I have an idea how it would work out. I don't do pre season testing to find what will won every race. I do testing for fuel, tires, and to find an estimate for lap races. But, I do try my best not to give myself an unfair advantage.

In other words I should find out for myself?? :D

In other words I should find out for myself?? :D
In case your debating about switching to the Laferrari now. The Car Change Policy goes into effect every time you change your car. You'll want to use to your car before we get to some of more difficult race tracks. Like say some of tracks at the end of season. That have heavy braking zones that will require you to start braking before the marker broads.

Last edited:
In case your debating about switching to the Laferrari now. The Car Change Policy goes into effect every time you change your car. You'll want to use to your car before we get to some of more difficult race tracks. Like say some of tracks at the end of season. That have heavy braking zones that will require you to start braking before the marker broads.

I'm not concerned about points. Right now it looks like the worst I can do is 3rd.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about points. Right now it looks like the worst I can do is 3rd.
Championship is best 10 of 14. The Car Change Policy acts as miss for you. So you have can still afford 2 misses. So I recommend keeping some for the unexpected.

You're 2 race behind Jarkulary and me. Scoring. Once we reach 10 races we will only score more points if we beat passed. Once you get caught up those 2 races. You still have a chance in points.

Last edited:
Where is SSRX located that 10:30PM is twilight?? Alaska??
My guess it's time of year is base around the summer solstice in a area Northern part of the US so possible yes.

I should point out that Gran Turismo doesn't even consider it necessary to use headlights yet for the latest time slot at Sarthe. And that slot is around that time too.

It appears that the Huayra has a little more top speed than the LaFerarri when the LaF uses up its sewing machine battery.

Last edited:
It appears that the Huayra has a little top speed than the LaFerarri when the LaF uses up its sewing machine battery.
The Huayra also has gets fuel mileage the Laferrari. I chose the Huayra it's fuel efficiency and that it's easier drive.

I'm not great at fuel saving or throttle control. I get distracted to easily consistently adjusting the fuel settings. That I make more mistakes and cost myself the time I'm trying to save.

My lack of throttle control is also why choose against the Laferrari or Veyron. Both cars require great throttle control different reasons. I can drive them for shorter races but, these 1 hours plus races would be asking too much of myself.

I'll wish I had have 4WD for the Tokyo Expressway East heavy wet race late in the schedule. Especially for the braking into turn 1.

There are a few tracks later in the schedule. That have braking zones that will have require you to start braking before you get to the corner maker broads. I chose to put those at the end of schedule where drivers should be use to there car's performance limits.

As for this race. We will likely stay together until our first pits stops then get separated. It's likely Jarkulary will try to save fuel to stay with out pit schedule. It's exactly what I would do. Though I'm not sure how much he can save and be able to keep up at full throttle. Oh as important note slipstreaming is only effective to a little over 0.7 seconds behind the closest car in front of you.

Last edited:
The Huayra also has gets fuel mileage the Laferrari. I chose the Huayra it's fuel efficiency and that it's easier drive.

I'm not great at fuel saving or throttle control. I get distracted to easily consistently adjusting the fuel settings. That I make more mistakes and cost myself the time I'm trying to save.

My lack of throttle control is also why choose against the Laferrari or Veyron. Both cars require great throttle control different reasons. I can drive them for shorter races but, these 1 hours plus races would be asking too much of myself.

I'll wish I had have 4WD for the Tokyo Expressway East heavy wet race late in the schedule. Especially for the braking into turn 1.

There are a few tracks later in the schedule. That have braking zones that will have require you to start braking before you get to the corner maker broads. I chose to put those at the end of schedule where drivers should be use to there car's performance limits.

As for this race. We will likely stay together until our first pits stops then get separated. It's likely Jarkulary will try to save fuel to stay with out pit schedule. It's exactly what I would do. Though I'm not sure how much he can save and be able to keep up at full throttle. Oh as important note slipstreaming is only effective to a little over 0.7 seconds behind the closest car in front of you.

The best way to save fuel is by short shifting but there is no shifting on this track, it will be tough to save fuel without sacrificing speed. I tried the custom races with the LaF, the field was all LaF's and a few Veyrons but then I changed cars to the Huayra and they jumble the field with many different makes, I wanted to race the Huayra against a field of LaF's to get an idea of how they might compare but it won't work. I guess we will have to wait till race night. One wouldnt think cornering at this track is not very important but your entry and exit can make a noticable difference.

The best way to save fuel is by short shifting but there is no shifting on this track, it will be tough to save fuel without sacrificing speed. I tried the custom races with the LaF, the field was all LaF's and a few Veyrons but then I changed cars to the Huayra and they jumble the field with many different makes, I wanted to race the Huayra against a field of LaF's to get an idea of how they might compare but it won't work. I guess we will have to wait till race night. One wouldnt think cornering at this track is not very important but your entry and exit can make a noticable difference.
You should be able some save fuel by slip streaming others and more with use of fuel mapping while in tow. What I don't know is what fuel map setting the Laferrari use while being it's towed. Note your first stint will probably be a lap short since you'll be starting with your at 90% of a full load.

Custom race AI are chosen by your car's current power class. N Class cars are classed by horsepower and not overall performance. It's of my biggest annoyances with is the road car classing system. Which has lead to only a handful of of cars that can actually win with N Class BOP.

Anyways in your garage adjust the Huayra power until it becomes an N1000. Then go create your arcade custom race. This should give you a field of Laferraris, Veyrons, and Huayras. Once in the race menu screen adjust the Huayra back to stock horsepower. The AI Huayras will be stock horsepower. Do not adjust class by custom race settings because it will just give you field of cars tuned to the N1000 class BOP.

Last edited:
I'm interested in giving this a try. I would like to use the Aston Martin One-77.

I don't know if I can make it to all of these, but I will try. I'm prioritizing the Rinsky series and have reserved those Saturdays. Some of the dates in the Stock Car series may depend on what my family's got going on.

Thanks!

I'm interested in giving this a try. I would like to use the Aston Martin One-77.

I don't know if I can make it to all of these, but I will try. I'm prioritizing the Rinsky series and have reserved those Saturdays. Some of the dates in the Stock Car series may depend on what my family's got going on.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Supercar World Speed Contest Series. I will warn that this is a very tough series. These top of the line cars on Sports Softs are unforgiving. I recommend a lot of practice before races.

As for your car choice. It's yours if you really want it. I will nice and warn that the One 77 has a few issues. The car accelerates well but, it's everything else is that the issue. If you want recommendations let me know.

There is no car model or manufacturer limit for this series. You're more than welcome to use cars already in use.

Last edited:
I appreciate the warning! I tested out a few different cars and this is certainly a different animal than the Gr 3 and Gr 4 cars. I want to use something different than what you all are using (even though I know I don't have to). I realize I may not be that competitive early on, but my main goal will be to improve throughout the year with a car that I wouldn't otherwise have spent much (if any!) time in at all.

I'm able to drive the Aston with TCS 0, which is an encouraging sign for me (I typically use TCS 2 on Gr 3 cars) and makes me think I can get better at it with some practice. I also do like to practice a lot before FIA races and races like this. I probably did 75 laps or so around St Croix in advance of the Rinsky race.

I was torn between the One-77 and the Adventador Superveloce. The SV was easier than the One-77 to get comfortable with right off the bat, but after more laps in the One-77 I was able get similar, and sometimes faster, lap times. One-77 was much better at SSRX and BMB Speedway, and more fun for me for some reason. I know this will be a challenge, but so far I'm looking forward to it (although I might change my mind after hitting the wall and doing multiple pit stops for damage at Maggiore :)!)

I appreciate the warning! I tested out a few different cars and this is certainly a different animal than the Gr 3 and Gr 4 cars. I want to use something different than what you all are using (even though I know I don't have to). I realize I may not be that competitive early on, but my main goal will be to improve throughout the year with a car that I wouldn't otherwise have spent much (if any!) time in at all.

I'm able to drive the Aston with TCS 0, which is an encouraging sign for me (I typically use TCS 2 on Gr 3 cars) and makes me think I can get better at it with some practice. I also do like to practice a lot before FIA races and races like this. I probably did 75 laps or so around St Croix in advance of the Rinsky race.

I was torn between the One-77 and the Adventador Superveloce. The SV was easier than the One-77 to get comfortable with right off the bat, but after more laps in the One-77 I was able get similar, and sometimes faster, lap times. One-77 was much better at SSRX and BMB Speedway, and more fun for me for some reason. I know this will be a challenge, but so far I'm looking forward to it (although I might change my mind after hitting the wall and doing multiple pit stops for damage at Maggiore :)!)
I'm just trying to make your competitive. I personally prefer the Adventador SV over the One 77 but, it may be a little to much understeer for you.

Alright I'll suggest to you the McLaren F1. It's a little dated but, still a great car. And one of my favorite British made cars as road or race car.

Pros the car is lightweight, handling is great, a great set of brakes, and it's lack makes up for it's older suspension. Less power and weight means better fuel economy.

Cons the transmission is geared very wide so it can a little sluggish out of some corners but, it's cornering speeds can make up for it. The model in Gran Turismo is with the rev limiter that McLaren sold the car with. Meaning the car can't reach it's claimed top speed of 240.1 mph. So the car tops out at the end of it's 5th gear at about 217 mph. Though 6th gear can be used used a draft gear.

Neither the One 77 or F1 has the for Speed for Huayra or Laferrari. Though the F1 is geared wide enough to do so. You'll be sacrificing this race either way but, the F1 can out performance the One 77 everywhere else.

Ok, so I tried the McLaren F1 last night and ....Wow! This car has better handling, better lap times and better gas mileage than the One-77 and Adventador SV. I had not tried this car before so this was a great suggestion 👍. Please replace the One-77 with the McLaren F1 for me!

I know I will be cruising around at the back by myself at SSRX, but at least it will get me onto the scoreboard and into the standings for the season. This car will be fun to drive on the rest of the tracks. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I practiced at least 100 laps for the MSN St. Croix race and reran the circuit experience putting myself at the top of my friends list leaderboards and within reach of world top 10's and still couldn't win that race last Saturday

Last edited:
Ok, so I tried the McLaren F1 last night and ....Wow! This car has better handling, better lap times and better gas mileage than the One-77 and Adventador SV. I had not tried this car before so this was a great suggestion 👍. Please replace the One-77 with the McLaren F1 for me!

I know I will be cruising around at the back by myself at SSRX, but at least it will get me onto the scoreboard and into the standings for the season. This car will be fun to drive on the rest of the tracks. Thanks again for the suggestion.
The McLaren F1 was my 2nd choice. I chose the Pagani Huayra for it's handling, speed, and fuel mileage as well but, it would also gives me a chance at to won this race.

The was first released 1992 and still out performs cars nearly 2 decades newer than it. The is pretty good in wet weather for a RWD car too.

The 1995 24 hours of Le Mans was won of the wettest in the race's history. McLaren F1 GTR Race Car won Le Mans because it was better much in wet weather than the Prototypes entered that year. Wasn't without a challenge though.

I practiced at least 100 laps for the MSN St. Croix race and reran the circuit experience putting myself at the top of my friends list leaderboards and within reach of world top 10's and still couldn't win that race last Saturday
Apparently John is good driver. He nearly lapped the entire field at Tokyo Central. I wish some of are better drivers stayed to give him more a challenge.

You did great that race though. A 2nd place finish with around 30 seconds behind the leader. Did you hit anything?

I wish there was a circuit experience for A layout too. The B layout shares enough of the other layouts to not need one. But the A layout has number of tricky corners that are not sure with the other layouts and the A layout is rarely too. Not giving much time to get used to the layout.

Apparently John is good driver. He nearly lapped the entire field at Tokyo Central. I wish some of are better drivers stayed to give him more a challenge.

You did great that race though. A 2nd place finish with around 30 seconds behind the leader. Did you hit anything?

I wish there was a circuit experience for A layout too. The B layout shares enough of the other layouts to not need one. But the A layout has number of tricky corners that are not sure with the other layouts and the A layout is rarely too. Not giving much time to get used to the layout.

Yeah, John is fast, I think his best lap was in the 3:27's mine was in the 28's and we ran the same car so I can't use that as an excuse. I think I might be easier on tires as I was going a lap or 2 longer on each stop but it never worked out to give me an advantage. I never hit anything or had damage at St. Croix, not sure if I got the CRB bonus cause I got up to use the little boys room as the race was ending, but I dont remember having any offs either.

@Jarkulary @fastone371 @rhcpeppers

A reminder that Saturday is our next race. This is one of few easy races of this series. Top Speed will be the main factor in winning the race. I recommend the drivers with competitive cars to have a strategy in mind both on track and in the pits.

Because this is the latest someone can enter the series without it negatively affect the standings. This will be the last open lobby race.

Next Race Details

Race 5 - February 20th, 2021
90 Minutes of SSRX

Special Stage Route X
90 Minutes, Conditions 22:30 Twilight, Clear
Rolling Start
Tires x2 Fuel x1
Fuel At Start 90%
Corner Penalties None
Qualifying Time 16 minutes

Good Luck

Last edited:
I have made Schedule changes for this series. To free up the late spring and summer months. With biggest change is the race at Dragon Trail Gardens has been moved to 2nd last race in schedule and will now be race in early October.

Last edited:
Back