Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

It really looked like a block to me but, for the benefit of a doubt why decide to just give I warning instead of a penalty. Though I should point out that I drove entire without TCS and had no control issues exiting turn 1.

Yeah damage not effecting you is busted. You any where between 2 and 2.5 seconds slower a lap with car damage. I could also tell you had damage during the race because I would gain a lot time on you on the straightaway. Which driving the same car normally be slight gain or loss depending on who got the better exit.
It seemed like my happy zone was 2:17, I was running 2:17's with and without damage. As far as exiting T1 maybe it's possible it has to do with the input difference between a wheel and a DS4 but I would get horribly loose exiting 2 if I was not careful, you also have to get over to the side of the road that is not driven on, it has much more traction, just like real life.

It seemed like my happy zone was 2:17, I was running 2:17's with and without damage. As far as exiting T1 maybe it's possible it has to do with the input difference between a wheel and a DS4 but I would get horribly loose exiting 2 if I was not careful, you also have to get over to the side of the road that is not driven on, it has much more traction, just like real life.
No the car damage you where down to in the mid 2:15's. without any damage. With damage your mid 2:17's to low 2:18's. I thought wheels give you better car control the a regular controller. I chose not run TCS because I didn't like how much it made the car understeer in the wet. How much read brake where you using.

Unlike Red Bull or Spa which are closed circuits. There's no true wet line for the Tokyo tracks as they are public roads. Where the public cars should not be driving are replaced by the slippery painted stripe lines instead. It's either worn pavement or paint.

No the car damage you where down to in the mid 2:15's. without any damage. With damage your mid 2:17's to low 2:18's. I thought wheels give you better car control the a regular controller. I chose not run TCS because I didn't like how much it made the car understeer in the wet. How much read brake where you using.

Unlike Red Bull or Spa which are closed circuits. There's no true wet line for the Tokyo tracks as they are public roads. Where the public cars should not be driving are replaced by the slippery painted stripe lines instead. It's either worn pavement or paint.
I use 1 to the rear for BB at this combo. I had a string of 2:15s at the end cause I had a big lead and I was going for fast lap, I was purple the entire lap including the last timing line, 1 lap I think I was 7/10ths up at the last line exiting the horseshoe but I just couldn't match the acceleration of the Laferrari and would end up a few 10ths short. If you dont think there are lines with more traction here either you didn't try them or you can't feel them with the help Polyphony builds into the DS4 to make it competitive. Braking for T1 if you are up agai st the left wall your braking is much shorter, exiting T2 if you are up near the left wall you get no tire spin, if I am at the center the car gets loose with TCS on 1, braking for the last hairpin once again up near the left wall. Those are the areas I could absolutely feel big differences. When I was not pushing I was running 2:17's with and without damage, I had a full right screen of 2:17's on the right side of my screen where it shows your previous laps for awhile.

I use 1 to the rear for BB at this combo. I had a string of 2:15s at the end cause I had a big lead and I was going for fast lap, I was purple the entire lap including the last timing line, 1 lap I think I was 7/10ths up at the last line exiting the horseshoe but I just couldn't match the acceleration of the Laferrari and would end up a few 10ths short. If you dont think there are lines with more traction here either you didn't try them or you can't feel them with the help Polyphony builds into the DS4 to make it competitive. Braking for T1 if you are up agai st the left wall your braking is much shorter, exiting T2 if you are up near the left wall you get no tire spin, if I am at the center the car gets loose with TCS on 1, braking for the last hairpin once again up near the left wall. Those are the areas I could absolutely feel big differences. When I was not pushing I was running 2:17's with and without damage, I had a full right screen of 2:17's on the right side of my screen where it shows your previous laps for awhile.
I admittedly didn't think try it. Because it makes sense going by real life physics of how things are when wet. The areas with the painted stripes shouldn't provide more grip. Actually they would probably be worse off than the worn pavement.

For example have you walked to your car in a parking lot will it's rain and stepped on the lines by your. I bet you noticed a notable difference in traction than you had on the pavement. Well it doesn't do favors for you car either.

Then again the amount of grip you get on paint isn't the only crime against physics. I should point out that the water shouldn't just stop the entrance and exit of the tunnel. Being that the tunnel begins and ends on respectably steep inclines. The water should run down into the tunnel and pool at lowest points.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 11 - August 21st, 2021
200k of Sardegna

Sardegna - Road Track C
76 Laps, Conditions 17:00 Evening, Fine
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 97%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 10 minutes
I wasn't sure I would like this track with these cars but it's a blast. It's kinda reminds me of racing Tskuba, it's very much a rhythm track, it should be a fun race. Tire wear is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I had so much fun here I tried the Sauber C9 Group C car, that thing flies here, corners speeds are incredible when you get used to the downforce.

I wasn't sure I would like this track with these cars but it's a blast. It's kinda reminds me of racing Tskuba, it's very much a rhythm track, it should be a fun race. Tire wear is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I had so much fun here I tried the Sauber C9 Group C car, that thing flies here, corners speeds are incredible when you get used to the downforce.
I thought the lack of runoff room for the A Layout wouldn't be great idea. So I tested the B and C layouts. I felt the C layout would be a more unique. The B layout drove too much like Blue Moon Bay Infield A to me but, with hills.

I'm not sure what will be better here between the Huayra and the Laferrari. The hairpin is a tricky exit. If the Huayra wants to spin it's tires. The Laferrari will be far worse. The F1 should be good through the S-curves and the braking zones but, will lose to much time on the straights.

I thought the lack of runoff room for the A Layout wouldn't be great idea. So I tested the B and C layouts. I felt the C layout would be a more unique. The B layout drove too much like Blue Moon Bay Infield A to me but, with hills.

I'm not sure what will be better here between the Huayra and the Laferrari. The hairpin is a tricky exit. If the Huayra wants to spin it's tires. The Laferrari will be far worse. The F1 should be good through the S-curves and the braking zones but, will lose to much time on the straights.
The Laferrari will obviously be fast on the straight but the rest of the lap there is a lot of part throttle so it will lose much of its advantage. My first practice run I had the HP on max because I was using Hyura for something else,, I actually ran quicker lap times with less power.. The F1 may be strong here, I didn't try it though.

I plan to be there. I did some practice last night and my lap times were all over the place. I've got some work to do to find consistency before Saturday :)

I plan to be there. I did some practice last night and my lap times were all over the place. WI've got some work to do to find consistency before Saturday :)
My best lap times were when I was not trying to go as fast as possible, take what the track will give you.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

2 days until our next Supercar race. Then we get a week off the next Rinsky's MSN race. I will not be available until Saturday unfortunately. This also means no more practice for me until Saturday.
I’ll be on today. Haven’t practiced here at all and I don’t know the track. Should be interesting. I’ll have some extra time before to practice. Shouldn’t be too bad. I hope.

I’ll be on today. Haven’t practiced here at all and I don’t know the track. Should be interesting. I’ll have some extra time before to practice. Shouldn’t be too bad. I hope.
Make sure you show up early. It's a long track so a hour should be. See you in less than 2 hours.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

PS_App_20210822_050956.jpeg

Race 11 Results

Pole Award: Jarkulary
Race Winner: Jarkulary
Fastest Lap: Jarkulary

Race incident Report: None

Drivers Standings

11 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. Jarkulary 118 pts, 9 of 10 races
2nd. TheColdWarriors 118 pts, 10 of 10 races
3rd. fastone371 108 pts, 8 of 10 races
4th. redhotcpeppers 64 pts, 7 of 10 races
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts, 1 of 10 races

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 12 - September 25th, 2021
90 Minutes of St Croix C

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C
90 Minutes, Conditions 13:20 Afternoon, Clear
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 90%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 13 minutes

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 12 - September 25th, 2021
90 Minutes of St Croix C

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C
90 Minutes, Conditions 13:20 Afternoon, Clear
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 90%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 13 minutes
From a quick peek it loiks,looks, if I can win 2 of the last 4 races I would secure the championship. The question is would I be able to still win it if I swapped cars right now??? This series is way too dependant on the car you drive.

From a quick peek it loiks,looks, if I can win 2 of the last 4 races I would secure the championship. The question is would I be able to still win it if I swapped cars right now??? This series is way too dependant on the car you drive.
There's only 3 races left.

*Sept 25th: Race 12. St Croix C, 90 minutes
*Oct 9th: Race 13. Dragon Trail Gardens, 200k
*Oct 23rd: Race 14. Tokyo Exp. South Inner Loop, 2 Hours

Remember if change your car. You lose the points for that race. You do have one race to spare. You'll won't be able to miss the Gardens or Tokyo South and complete your 10 races.

Jarkulary will reach his 10 races next start. After that he has to beat a previous race result to earn points. And he'll only earn the amount of points beat it by. I reached my 10 races the last race Tokyo East in the wet. I earned 7 points because I bet a previous result by 7 despite I earned 10 for a 3rd place finish.

There's only 3 races left.

*Sept 25th: Race 12. St Croix C, 90 minutes
*Oct 9th: Race 13. Dragon Trail Gardens, 200k
*Oct 23rd: Race 14. Tokyo Exp. South Inner Loop, 2 Hours

Remember if change your car. You lose the points for that race. You do have one race to spare. You'll won't be able to miss the Gardens or Tokyo South and complete your 10 races.

Jarkulary will reach his 10 races next start. After that he has to beat a previous race result to earn points. And he'll only earn the amount of points beat it by. I reached my 10 races the last race Tokyo East in the wet. I earned 7 points because I bet a previous result by 7 despite I earned 10 for a 3rd place finish.
So if I decide to swap cars I only lose the points for the first race ??? I may have to do some testing, only DTG doesnt have a real long straight. I ran 30 laps at last nights track in the LaFerrari this morning, after getting it set up good I was running about 2 seconds faster than I was in the race with Hyura.

Last edited:
So if I decide to swap cars I only lose the points for the first race ??? I may have to do some testing, only DTG doesnt have a real long straight. I ran 30 laps at last nights track in the LaFerrari this morning, after getting it set up good I was running about 2 seconds faster than I was in the race with Hyura.
The first race you run after the new ride. You'll lose those points. The purpose of this series was to find the best performance car in GTS. You could legally purchase and drive on the public roads.

The Laferrari is the best accelerating and cornering car of the N classes. Negatives it's brutal wheelspin, it's braking ability, it's fuel efficiency, and it's not the most stable of beasts. These handling issues also make it a lot more exhausting to drive throughout a race. Jarkulary uses a combination of short shifting, fuel mapping, and TCS to help tame his beast.

Make sure you you can put up with Laferrari for an 1 hour 15 minute to a 2 hour race. I put the more difficult races to the end of the season. The next 3 tracks don't have a lot of runoff room.

I have
The first race you run after the new ride. You'll lose those points. The purpose of this series was to find the best performance car in GTS. You could legally purchase and drive on the public roads.

The Laferrari is the best accelerating and cornering car of the N classes. Negatives it's brutal wheelspin, it's braking ability, it's fuel efficiency, and it's not the most stable of beasts. These handling issues also make it a lot more exhausting to drive throughout a race. Jarkulary uses a combination of short shifting, fuel mapping, and TCS to help tame his beast.

Make sure you you can put up with Laferrari for an 1 hour 15 minute to a 2 hour race. I put the more difficult races to the end of the season. The next 3 tracks don't have a lot of runoff room.
I have never run more than a few laps with the LaF because I always found it so miserable to drive but after spending some time with setting it up it actually gets pretty tame. It stops better than the Hyaura, accelerates better, has more top speed and with a little trail braking it turns better. It's not like the Hyaura is a gem, it turns and stops for crap. I was running high 54's with the LaF at Sardegna C ( where we raced last night), thats almost a full second faster than my Hyaura's fast lap and about 1 1/2 seconds faster than it's happy lap time. I don't know what happened last night but after your 2nd stop when you came out in front of me I lost all my pace. In the laps leading to your stop I went 56.3, 56.2, 56.1, then a 55.7, first lap behind you I was a second off and couldn't get it back for some reason. I was a little careful the first lap or 2 because I didn't know your braking points and line but I just couldn't go fast. I think there is a bigger difference between the LaF and Hyuara then there is between the Hyaura and the McLaren. When I was behind chilipeppers it's not like I was able to blow by on the straight, I exited the last turn on his bumper and it wasn't until just before the braking zone that I was able to finally get beside him. I will hafta test both at the next track to see what to do. Good ridden this series is almost over. I think it would be better to do a 1 make like this series but use a different car for each race. There are so many great cars that never get used, why drive the same stuff all the time??? When go into lobbies you see the same guys using the same car for every race week after week, I use a different car every race.

I have

I have never run more than a few laps with the LaF because I always found it so miserable to drive but after spending some time with setting it up it actually gets pretty tame. It stops better than the Hyaura, accelerates better, has more top speed and with a little trail braking it turns better. It's not like the Hyaura is a gem, it turns and stops for crap. I was running high 54's with the LaF at Sardegna C ( where we raced last night), thats almost a full second faster than my Hyaura's fast lap and about 1 1/2 seconds faster than it's happy lap time. I don't know what happened last night but after your 2nd stop when you came out in front of me I lost all my pace. In the laps leading to your stop I went 56.3, 56.2, 56.1, then a 55.7, first lap behind you I was a second off and couldn't get it back for some reason. I was a little careful the first lap or 2 because I didn't know your braking points and line but I just couldn't go fast. I think there is a bigger difference between the LaF and Hyuara then there is between the Hyaura and the McLaren. When I was behind chilipeppers it's not like I was able to blow by on the straight, I exited the last turn on his bumper and it wasn't until just before the braking zone that I was able to finally get beside him. I will hafta test both at the next track to see what to do. Good ridden this series is almost over. I think it would be better to do a 1 make like this series but use a different car for each race. There are so many great cars that never get used, why drive the same stuff all the time??? When go into lobbies you see the same guys using the same car for every race week after week, I use a different car every race.
Remember besides brake balance this is a non tuning series. You can't use suspension or differential tuning to improve it's handling.

You had trouble with Chili peppers because it was a pretty good track for the McLaren F1's performance. The F1 is naturally aspirated. It is also lighter and better planted in the both Huayra and Laferrari despite being 19 years older than both of them. So it has better corner drive off and has little to no wheelspin. The 1994 bare as can be sports car also has better brakes than both Huayra and Laferrari in dry conditions. It loses that advantage in the wet because it lacks ABS. Unfortunately lacks too much acceleration even compared to the Huayra. That's where the F1 is losing most of it's time.

The Huayra doesn't have the acceleration boost from the hybrid engine. And requires more time off corners to overcome the F1's drive off. So F1 is a harder pass for the Hauyra

Not different, nobody else races these cars under these conditions. Not even Gran Turismo. The highest N class race I have seen in Sport Mode was a 2 lap N600 class race at SSRX.

P.S. The replacement series won't be significantly easier. It however will allow car tuning.

Last edited:
Remember besides brake balance this is a non tuning series. You can't use suspension or differential tuning to improve it's handling.

You had trouble with Chili peppers because it was a pretty good track for the McLaren F1's performance. The F1 is naturally aspirated. It is also lighter and better planted in the both Huayra and Laferrari despite being 19 years older than both of them. So it has better corner drive off and has little to no wheelspin. The 1994 bare as can be sports car also has better brakes than both Huayra and Laferrari in dry conditions. It loses that advantage in the wet because it lacks ABS. Unfortunately lacks too much acceleration even compared to the Huayra. That's where the F1 is losing most of it's time.

The Huayra doesn't have the acceleration boost from the hybrid engine. And requires more time off corners to overcome the F1's drive off. So F1 is a harder pass for the Hauyra

Not different, nobody else races these cars under these conditions. Not even Gran Turismo. The highest N class race I have seen in Sport Mode was a 2 lap N600 class race at SSRX.

P.S. The replacement series would be significantly easier. It however will allow car tuning.
Brake balance and fuel map can also be a huge tuning aide. At Lago Maggiore I ran the entire race in fuel map 2 because I had better lap times than when in fuel map 1, same thing at the wet Tokyo race. I probably shoulda tried it at Sardegna but I didn't think of it because tire wear was so crucial there, I use fuel mapping to extend my pit stops when tire wear isn't an issue.

It's funny that you brought up tuning. In the lead up to the GR3 race at Catalunya I was running laps in time trial and I gave the GR3 Vette a run cause it's one of my go to cars. Im driving this thing and it's on rails, I'm 2 1/2 seconds faster than my best Porsche time and then I remember when you apply BOP in time trial it's just power and weight, not chassis tuning. I had a chassis tune from Sport Mode Time Trial GR3 Super Lap at DTS. :lol:

P.S. The replacement series won't be significantly easier. It however will allow car tuning.
I decided to stick with the Huayra for the last 3 races. If winning the championship was all that important to me I wouldn't have selected an underdog car in the beginning. But just to put the LaFerrari drivers on notice, you can have your bullet like straight line speed but you better drag that thing thru the corners because every time you look in your rear view mirror I'm going be there stalking. And stalking........And stalking......:):)

I decided to stick with the Huayra for the last 3 races. If winning the championship was all that important to me I wouldn't have selected an underdog car in the beginning. But just to put the LaFerrari drivers on notice, you can have your bullet like straight line speed but you better drag that thing thru the corners because every time you look in your rear view mirror I'm going be there stalking. And stalking........And stalking......:):)
Too many walls at the last few races. Jarkulary has race the Laferrari all season. It might not be wise to run against him in the same equipment. If Jarkulary takes this Championship. He has more than earned it.

Too many walls at the last few races. Jarkulary has race the Laferrari all season. It might not be wise to run against him in the same equipment. If Jarkulary takes this Championship. He has more than earned it.
I'm sure I could keep it on track, thats not a problem. If it was too tough to drive I wouldn't have tested almost 2 seconds quicker per lap at the last race. You just have to make the available adjustments work for you and the car.

I'm sure I could keep it on track, thats not a problem. If it was too tough to drive I wouldn't have tested almost 2 seconds quicker per lap at the last race. You just have to make the available adjustments work for you and the car.
I'm just saying we got some difficult races coming up. St. Croix C is a 6.73 mile race track. You could lose a lot of time if you damage your car in the wrong place.

I'm just saying we got some difficult races coming up. St. Croix C is a 6.73 mile race track. You could lose a lot of time if you damage your car in the wrong place.
Yeah, that sure is a long lap there. Maybe we should be racing motorhomes there instead. :lol:

Back