Colin McRae: Flat Out Pack Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 March 24

Was able to clear most of the first group of these events when this first released but took a break after many futile attempts even on default difficulty.

So I decided to give the couple remaining first level events a try the other day and I guess the difficulty was really toned down. For some reason the Peugeot with broken engine mount at Wales was extremely difficult to get a winning time before but I cleared it easily yesterday in 1 try.

Even the Sierra at New Zealand was by far easier the second time around (I lost my progress in a save transfer so I had to do it again). Succeeded by getting less than 30 seconds within the leader. It’s not so much the time you have to beat but the brutal length and car/location combination of this scenario that’s difficult.

Anyway, ready to tackle the next set of scenarios. Previously I had only passed the first one (damaged Legacy at Wales) and couldn’t even come close to passing the next several before giving up. We’ll see what a fresh start and the easier CM difficulty brings.

There were some McRae difficulty tweaks in the last update but no more than 3% in either direction. Some were made slightly harder in fact.

What you could have been experiencing was a rogue AI time that’s unusually fast/slow for its level, it happens occasionally but if you start a fresh attempt from scratch (as in backing out to main menu) it usually corrects itself.

Got around to series 4 of these challenges (1999 - ) and a real feeling nostalgia came over me.

I literally haven’t used the Ford Focus RS since CMR3 when I played the heck out of that game on PS2. The engine/exhaust sounds and the old Valvoline livery. What a blast from the past. Nice to revisit that car again.

Last edited:
Got around to series 4 of these challenges (1999 - ) and a real feeling nostalgia came over me.

I literally haven’t used the Ford Focus RS since CMR3 when I played the heck out of that game on PS2. The engine/exhaust sounds and the old Valvoline livery. What a blast from the past. Nice to revisit that car again.

It's the current Car of the Week too, here's a video :)

Back