Colin McRae: Flat Out Pack Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 March 24

Yeah, they’re not easy on default difficulty (70).

With some practice and experience I might be able to finish the them all, but I’ve only cleared three of the first set. Just tried the Legacy at Scotland and finished 1:15 behind the leader. Ouch.

If any were “easier” than I would have presumed, it was the Ford at New Zealand. But then again, it was epically long and arduous.

The AI difficulty in the challenges apparently varies from one event to another. In some events where you are expected to win or at least gain positions, it seems easier than the selected difficulty number would suggest, while on other events where you are just supposed to finish above a certain position, it is harder than the number would imply.

The new stage, in Scotland with this pack, is it integrated in a championship anywhere or is it just a stage you can do your own custom championships or single races on?

And I presume its a stage with multiple lengths? Like every stage is split into 6 sub-stages?
(edit: that last one, i just read somewhere, 12 routes in total. ok clear)

Last edited:
The new stage, in Scotland with this pack, is it integrated in a championship anywhere or is it just a stage you can do your own custom championships or single races on?

And I presume its a stage with multiple lengths? Like every stage is split into 6 sub-stages?
(edit: that last one, i just read somewhere, 12 routes in total. ok clear)
It's just like every other rally location in DR2.0 — it gets used randomly in career championships, and it has the usual 2 ribbons of road, with stages in each direction, and half-length short stages, so 4 long and 8 short stages total.

Got some time with Scotland finally. Always great to get new content, but time for some thoughts.

Generally it’s ok, the multitude of roadside logs, rocks in blind corners and fast stretches mixed with hairpins and 90 degree turns seem a little uninspired.

I do like the authentic sound of the codriver like it’s coming through an actual headset, though the pacenotes are a mixed bag. Most of the sharp corners and hairpins are called way too late.

And of course the rain. It’s either torrential or nothing at all. How about some light showers or even off/on conditions for once. New England, Australia, and New Zealand have varying rain types, along with wet conditions with no rain, did CM just run out of time?

Other than that, it’s a very welcome addition. Definitely wasn’t expecting another location. And the Colin McRae mode and additional cars are great.

Scotland's stages are deceiving,At first it was "I'll have this done by happy hour" which then turned into days of crashes Colin would of had a hard time replicating.
Completing the under 7.00 min trophy @ NB in the S4 (a hard won 6.53) called for a party.(I got hammered while the cat watched).

Scotland's stages are deceiving,At first it was "I'll have this done by happy hour" which then turned into days of crashes Colin would of had a hard time replicating.
Completing the under 7.00 min trophy @ NB in the S4 (a hard won 6.53) called for a party.(I got hammered while the cat watched).
Tried this morning, you really have to be fast. Four tries, the only one i finished i got 7.09. Not sure i have the skills to get under 7.

It’s a shame you can’t compare your times worldwide, would have been nice to see how far off the top times we finish..unless it’s there and I can’t find it?

Colin McRae Scenarios (difficulty):

The following Scenarios have had their difficulty adjusted based on player data to provide a smoother difficulty curve:

• Scotland 1988 - Slightly easier.
  • Wales 1988 - Slightly easier.
  • Sweden 1989 - Slightly easier.
  • New Zealand 1989 - Slightly easier.
  • Scotland 1991 - Slightly easier.
  • Scotland 1992 - Slightly easier.
  • Greece 1994 - Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.
  • New Zealand 1994 - Slightly harder.
  • Australia 1995 - Slightly harder.
  • Wales 1995 - Slightly harder.
  • Argentina 1998 - Slightly harder.
  • Germany 2002 - Slightly harder.
  • Scotland 2004 - Slightly easier.
  • Australia 2005 - Slightly harder.
  • Scotland 2006 - Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.

• I can’t see how the Scotland events are any easier, they’re still really difficult... :crazy:

They decreased the time's needed to pass the timed challenges,The stages remain the same.
A 12gb patch cause it is difficult.

Hey guys, i decided and bought it today, woohoo hehe. Excited to try it, but i got a problem now.
I bought it with my cell on the sony store site as i do usually, and i was going on the download list to put it in download queue, but says it's already installed. So i guess it was added with a previous update already.
But it doesn't show up as available in the game still, weird.
Maybe i need reset something,
In the ps4 store it shows as bought and installed.

Edit: solved, just restored licenses.
Gonna check it out woohoo.

Edit2: well im a little disappointed, there's only 2 weather, time of day settings for each stage, no sunset, dawn, night, no rain..
Only same 2 for all stages, day sun dry, and day cloudy wet.

Also they might be the least nice looking ones, i usually take screenshots when watching the replays on all rallies but not so much this one. If there was sunset, dawn it might look more appealing too.
It's a little bland seems, but they are fast and risky with ditches and logs.
Also it states that with degradation potholes appear plus the ruts of course and more or less gravel depending on your starting position.

The 1st challenge lol is pretty easy, no terminal damage using the easiest car and with no minimum rank or time to achieve.

But it's nice to have scenarios where you experience the different road conditions with degradation etc.

Last edited:
Edit2: well im a little disappointed, there's only 2 weather, time of day settings for each stage, no sunset, dawn, night, no rain..
Only same 2 for all stages, day sun dry, and day cloudy wet.
Scotland does support all times of day and heavy rain (though not light rain). Are you just looking in Time Trial? Because there the choice of conditions is limited, but that's true of all the rally locations.

Scotland does support all times of day and heavy rain (though not light rain). Are you just looking in Time Trial? Because there the choice of conditions is limited, but that's true of all the rally locations.
Ahh, that must be it, thanks, I'll check it out then. Glad if it's just my inattention, was too tired probably.

I completed the last event this morning - the Metro in Scotland.

What a great car to drive - doesn’t understand the term understeer, and has super throttle response... it’s miles more fun to drive than the Audi Sport, which is a bit of a pig.

hard to say which event gave the biggest challenge as I got this at the same time I got the game, and I’ve got better at the game as I’ve moved through the levels. The Focus event in the snow is freshest in my mind as sitting high on the frustration scale, but I also struggled in the Greece events until I got the feel for the event.

All completed on 75% difficulty, and for me, at this level, they were a good challenge.. reminded me of some of the license tests in the earlier GT’s.

Just tried again Scotland, in sunset clear, old butterstone muir, looks great like this now, pretty challenging too, with narrow road and deep ditch on the left.
I noticed collision detection seems a little off compared to all previous rally stages. I don't know if it be intentional to make it less challenging or cause it was done fast a little. When i scrapped a log pile or a tree, sometimes it just brushed by it. Maybe it's just luck and i didn't hit it enough to crash.

But i like the Scotland stage i just tried and glad i did get it in the end.

don’t understand what you mean, set what to global? Can’t find the option to do that on my PS4

I forget the actual names right this moment, but this menu flow should get you to cross-platform times:

Pause > Gameplay Options > Preferences > Cross-Platform Leaderboards: Multi Platform

--

Also, if anyone's trying to beat that 7 minute challenge, I made a guide; hope it helps :)

I still can’t find any of my friends times on the flat out pack no matter what platform they’re playing on, it doesn’t give an option to view leaderboards other than the stage you’ve just finished with the AI, it’s a bit ***** to be honest that we can’t see our friends times of the stages!

@Pearl Jam
Time Trial>Scotland>Stage>Leaderboard.
Triangle= Go to top,Find me.
Square= Toggle for friends. (Only on PS)
Do you have " Don't appear online" on?
Your PS id is PJ? If so I'll see can find your times.
You can view leaderboards via car select without having to complete a stage.

@Pearl Jam
Time Trial>Scotland>Stage>Leaderboard.
Triangle= Go to top,Find me.
Square= Toggle for friends. (Only on PS)
Do you have " Don't appear online" on?
Your PS id is PJ? If so I'll see can find your times.
You can view leaderboards via car select without having to complete a stage.
I play on Xbox :)

Also, another guide:

Back