Colin McRae: Flat Out Pack Coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 March 24

ps4

The newly added Subaru S4 uses sequetial shifting when you select option Sequetion/Hshifter with clutch.

It should behave like an H shifter car.

This bug is similar to the Renault Turbo one.

Been playing this for a couple of hours now. The Legacy RS has always stood out as an incredibly cool rally car to me. That iconic noise and sideways action from that car has amazed me for years. I was really happy to see it would be making an appearance in the game.

Scotland is a gorgeous location as well, and incredibly difficult. It's really reminding me of why this is my favourite driving game of all time.

Nice tribute and gesture to the fans from CM.

Would love the Historic Rally mode to have scenarios in the next game. :drool:

Despite CM initial DLC model with DR2 what I like about it is that really we all know what we are playing, it's Colin McRae Rally 10, (if you include Dirt 1-3 & DR1), and the fact that the series is still going strong is an absolute tribute to his legacy, (pun not intended). I'm sure he is looking down on all of us & smiling.

Been watching group A on YT,For me,The peak of rallying when drivers,cars ,crowds,atmosphere all aligned.(And it was on tv)
Size of PS download ? Thanks.

Would love to see a mode like this to celebrate Richars Burns. Most of his cars are already in the game. Just add the Peugeot 309 gti and the Mitsubishi Evo 3 along with maybe the Pirelli international rally in the north of England. Thay would add to his 205, Legacy, Imprezas, and 206.

I'm enjoying the Scotland stages. The initial announcement from Codemasters really exaggerated their difficulty though. No doubt that these stages are technical, but the overall challenge is on par with most other locations in the game.

I noticed the codriver audio on Scotland is different than the other locations. Sounds more realistic like it’s scratchy and actually coming through a headset. 👍

True, but I'd prefer if they had kept it consistent with the other locations.

Co-driver volume is also a tad too low in Scotland. Problem when driving without HUD instructions.

I don't normally care about trophies but that last scenario in the Metro was a tough one. Both "If in Doubt..." and "...Flatout" are glitched and will not unlock.

I agree about the Legacy RS being a blast to handle. I find that the Impreza S4 is difficult to rotate with the default setup, but tuning of the toe settings helps somewhat.

Does the subaru legacy need to be upgraded or something?, I mean even in medium settings you have to fly literally and win by a couple of seconds at most. Impossible to win on harder settings.

This dlc is great! Having lots of fun and difficulty with the challenges. I am definitely not as fast at this as i thought i was lol driving a bit beyond my limit most of the time to clear the goals, on medium. I can tell it's making me better though, so thats a bonus.

This dlc is great! Having lots of fun and difficulty with the challenges. I am definitely not as fast at this as i thought i was lol driving a bit beyond my limit most of the time to clear the goals, on medium. I can tell it's making me better though, so thats a bonus.

Same here. It reminds me of the the original CMR1 where medium was alredy a challange. Really ...expert or even the higher level are beyond my skills.

I am barely completing the challenges on easy. I'm not so good at the game. :lol:

Still, it's my favorite racing game in years and the additional content has been excellent. I love the new Scotland stages and the Subarus.

Last edited:
This expansion has a unique way of keeping your ego in check; it shows the difficulty you completed the challenge at. If you had to dial the difficulty down to Easy, the game will never let you forget. :boggled:

Stop reminding of my incompetence, game! :P

At first I was like well it is called 'Flat out' but then after my progression came to halt I went down to 75 (Medium), justifying to myself, well Colin made mistakes and still won.

Hard should have been called impossible.

By the way Codemasters, Colin often crashed to something when applying his "when in doubt flat out" theory when in doubt , so...

The Legacy is a great addition, though the instrument cluster does not illuminate at night.

@PJTierney is this a bug, glitch, oversight, or accurate to real life?

EDIT:

I found this awesome footage and coincidentally just did Sweden with this car. Sublime. I noticed the dash lights are off, but it’s not exactly night, maybe dusk/dawn. :boggled:

Last edited:
Re-installed the game last week to try out this pack, totally worth it. Scotland is now my new favorite rally and the Legacy is probably my favorite car. I wanted to like the Impreza S4 more (as it's one of the best looking&sounding rally cars :P) but the understeer it has kind of kills it for me. It's just not quite as fun to drive.

I haven't completed many of the new challenges so far, but the ones I've tried felt a little easier than career mode on Elite difficulty?

I recorded one of the runs I did yesterday, racing against very hard (100) AI:

Flat out in 6th gear ramps up the terminal damage stats.The cat has taken to disappearing when she hears PS4 start cause daddy's going to get mad again.

Re-installed the game last week to try out this pack, totally worth it. Scotland is now my new favorite rally and the Legacy is probably my favorite car. I wanted to like the Impreza S4 more (as it's one of the best looking&sounding rally cars :P) but the understeer it has kind of kills it for me. It's just not quite as fun to drive.

I haven't completed many of the new challenges so far, but the ones I've tried felt a little easier than career mode on Elite difficulty?

I recorded one of the runs I did yesterday, racing against very hard (100) AI:

I was like too easy??? But then I noticed where you're from.

Back