College Basketball: 2015-2016 Season (Men and Women) - Join the GTPlanet ESPN Bracket Group (OP)!

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 174 comments
We have our Final Four on the women's side! Your 2015-2016 NCAA Division 1 Women's Final Four in Indianapolis, IN includes the following:

* Washington
* Syracuse
* Connecticut
* Oregon State

So these are the four women's teams set to do battle in Indy. Not to race on the track, but to hoop it up for a National Championship. Congratulations to all four teams on seasons well done.

Final Four set for the men and women of NCAA Division 1 hoops. Feel free to speculate who'll win the Final Four matches and eventually the National Championship games.

The #4 ranked Colonials of George Washington University recently defeated the #1 Valparaiso Crusaders 76-60 to win the Men's NIT. So congratulations to GWU on a job well done.

As of right now, the Slam Dunk and 3-Point Championships are going on right now. This weekend is all about the Final Four for the men and women. Get psyched if you're a college hoops fan.

Tonight begins the Final Four here in Houston for the men of NCAA Division 1 basketball. Tomorrow begins the Final Four in Indianapolis for the women of NCAA Division 1 basketball. Will the National Champion in men's hoops will be from Norman, Oklahoma? Villanova, Pennsylvania? Syracuse, New York? Or maybe Chapel Hill, North Carolina? Will the Women's National Champion hail from Storrs, Connecticut? Syracuse, New York? Seattle, Washington? Or Corvalis, Oregon?

But it's all about the men tonight. We got Oklahoma vs. Villanova followed by Syracuse vs. North Carolina.

Good luck to all teams in the respective Final Fours. And also, congratulations to the University of South Dakota defeating Florida Gulf Coast to win the 2016 Women's NIT tournament.

Man. Villanova just straight up clowned Oklahoma today. That was brutal if you're a Sooners fan! I admittedly fell asleep after being out with my mother and doing stuff and missed most of this game, but Oklahoma just didn't show up or play with any serious chemistry.

55-39, North Carolina over Syracuse right now as of this post with 13:45 left in the 2nd half.

Such a pleasure to watch Villanova ball. I knew they could do it.

Last edited:
So your Men's National Championship game is now set. A blue team will win the championship... but will it be Villanova blue or North Carolina blue? That's right- North Carolina nicely handled and recycled Syracuse. 'Nova or UNC on Monday- who you got in this one?

The men have their National Championship game for Monday. Today, though, it's about the ladies. The NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball championship game in Indianapolis will be set after tonight's games. Tonight:

* Oregon State vs. Connecticut
* Washington vs. Syracuse

So which two teams will compete for the Women's National Championship this coming Tuesday? We'll find out after tonight.

Good luck to all teams playing tonight.

Villanova or North Carolina? Unless either or both teams are disqualified or forfeit, we're going to have a National Championship decided tonight here in Houston. America's Space City will see plenty of stars in the sky and on the court. Which blue team will win the National Championship? We'll find out tonight.

Good luck (and congratulations) to Villanova and North Carolina tonight. All hail the champs whenever this game concludes.

GMQ1WK9.png

People, this is why college basketball has the appeal it has. You couldn't ask for a better finish. UNC ties it up at 74. Then comes Villanova wanting to send UNC home without a title and not play for Overtime- and 'Nova delivers the heartbreaking three-pointer. The impossibly handsome Jay Wright now has a championship as coach of the Villanova Wildcats. All congratulations to Villanova. I saw most of this game, but what most I saw was an absolute cracker. This one was pretty bonkers.

Besides Villanova, I want to salute the Lady Chaps of Lubbock Christian University on winning the NCAA Division 2 Women's National Championship over the University of Alaska-Anchorage's Lady Seawolves. Speaking of women, it's UConn vs. Syracuse for the NCAA Division 1 Women's National Championship tomorrow night.

[UPDATE] I learned on Twitter that Lubbock Christian did the impossible this season- finish unbeaten. The Lady Chaps finished 35-0. UConn may be finish unbeaten again if they take down Syracuse tomorrow night.

I'm rooting for Villanova. I like their coach and that they're one of the only traditional 4-1 offenses. OU has great movement too. Gonna root for whoever wins that game.

Called it. That was just beautiful. It was poetic.

Yeah, I thought about you calling Villanova here, Omnis. Well done, mate! A winner is you. Congraturation!!! :)

Here are the champions of college basketball for 2015-2016. This isn't "name dropping" because these are the teams across various levels of college basketball that became champions this season. This list will include some schools you may have likely never heard of or from organizations you've never heard of. So what is this moment like to salute these champions? It's like when you graduate or get a degree as your name is announced at the ceremony. Anyhow, congratulations to this season's champions (among others):

! = undefeated season (that I'm aware of)

NCAA D1 Men: Villanova
NCAA D1 Women: Connecticut!
NCAA D2 Men: Augustana
NCAA D2 Women: Lubbock Christian!
NCAA D3 Men: St. Thomas (of Minnesota)
NCAA D3 Women: Thomas More
NIT Men: George Washington
NIT Women: South Dakota
CIT: Columbia
CBI: Nevada
NAIA D1 Men: Mid-America Christian (of Oklahoma)
NAIA D1 Women: MidAmerica Nazarene
NAIA D2 Men: Indiana Wesleyan
NAIA D2 Women: Marian
NJCAA D1 Men: Salt Lake
NJCAA D1 Women: Gulf Coast State
NJCAA D2 Men: Kirkwood
NJCAA D2 Women: Kansas City Kansas
NJCAA D3 Men: Rock Valley
NJCAA D3 Women: Roxbury
NCCAA D1 Men: Emmanuel College
NCCAA D1 Women: Roberts Wesleyan College
NCCAA D2 Men: Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College
NCCAA D2 Women: Arlington Baptist College
USCAA D1 Men: Oakwood
USCAA D1 Women: Concordia (of Alabama)
USCAA D2 Men: Berkeley College of New York
USCAA D2 Women: College of St. Joseph's (of Vermont)

Once again, congratulations to all champions across various levels of college basketball this past season. College basketball will return some time in November, but the hyping and heating up will likely begin in October. So enjoy this long time off before it's time to hoop it up again!

Latest Posts

Back