College Basketball: 2015-2016 Season (Men and Women) - Join the GTPlanet ESPN Bracket Group (OP)!

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 174 comments
LSU kissed their postseason hopes goodbye after they got obliterated by Texas A&M. I was amazed that they ended up scoring more than 35 in that game to be honest.

I love the fact that most of the brackets, my own included, have names implying that they're going to suck just like it was last year. :lol:

Also, @JohnBM01, I think that it might be a good idea to mention the ESPN GTP bracket group in either the OP or the thread title. It might help spread the word and get some extra people to play as well.

I updated the title and the opening post to include the GTPlanet group on ESPN's Bracket Challenge. All of this, per the suggestions of our AnthonyD1993.

So we know about the men's tournament and the brackets there. But tonight... ladies night, baby! The women will play for the chance to be in Indianapolis, IN for the NCAA D1 Women's Final Four. Here is the tournament in NCAA Division 1 women's basketball for the 2015-2016 season:

Here are all of the #1 Seeds:
Bridgeport: Connecticut (#1 Overall)
Sioux Falls: South Carolina
Lexington: Notre Dame
Dallas: Baylor

FIXTURES:
* BRIDGEPORT REGION vs. DALLAS REGION
* SIOUX FALLS REGION vs. LEXINGTON REGION

Now on to the individual bracket matches.

--- BRIDGEPORT REGION ---

* Storrs, CT - Saturday/Monday
#1 Connecticut vs. #16 Robert Morris
#8 Seton Hall vs. #9 Duquesne

* Starksville, MS - Friday/Sunday
#5 Mississippi State vs. #12 Chattanooga
#4 Michigan State vs. #13 Belmont

* Los Angeles, CA - Saturday/Monday
#6 South Florida vs. #11 Colorado State
#3 UCLA vs. #14 Hawaii

* Austin, TX - Saturday/Monday
#7 BYU vs. #10 Missouri
#2 Texas vs. #15 Alabama State

--- DALLAS REGION ---

* Waco, TX - Saturday/Monday
#1 Baylor vs. #16 Idaho
#8 St. John's vs. #9 Auburn

* College Station, TX - Saturday/Monday
#5 Florida State vs. #12 Middle Tennessee State
#4 Texas A&M vs. #13 Missouri State

* Louisville, KY - Friday/Sunday
#6 DePaul vs. #11 James Madison
#3 Louisville vs. #14 Central Arkansas

* Corvalis, OR - Friday/Sunday
#7 Oklahoma State vs. #10 St. Bonaventure
#2 Oregon State vs. #15 Troy

--- SIOUX FALLS REGION ---

* Columbia, SC - Friday/Sunday
#1 South Carolina vs. #16 Jacksonville
#8 George Washington vs. #9 Kansas State

* Syracuse, NY - Friday/Sunday
#5 Florida vs. #12 Albany
#4 Syracuse vs. #13 Army

* Columbus, OH - Friday/Sunday(?)
#6 West Virginia vs. #11 Princeton
#3 Ohio State vs. #14 Buffalo

* Tempe, AZ - Friday/Sunday
#7 Tennessee vs. #10 Wisconsin-Green Bay
#2 Arizona State vs. #15 New Mexico State

--- LEXINGTON REGION ---

* South Bend, IN - Saturday/Monday
#1 Notre Dame vs. #16 North Carolina A&T
#8 Georgia vs. #9 Indiana

* Palo Alto, CA - Saturday/Monday
#5 Miami (FL) vs. #12 South Dakota State
#4 Stanford vs. #13 San Francisco

* Lexington, KY - Saturday/Monday
#6 Oklahoma vs. #11 Purdue
#3 Kentucky vs. #14 North Carolina-Asheville

* College Park, MD - Saturday/Monday
#7 Washington vs. #10 Pennsylvania
#2 Maryland vs. #15 Iona

There you have the women's bracket. Good luck to all of these ladies in their attempt to play in Indianapolis for the Women's Final Four.

Kentucky is looking good right now as well. I hope they're out before we face them so we don't have to face the wrath of @Jordan when we get our revenge from last year.
Yeah, that's one game you guys better hope you lose. :mischievous:

I've got UK/WVU meeting in the Elite Eight in my bracket. The NCAA always seems to find a way for our paths to cross with old foes... As you may recall, our 38-0 team had an epic battle with Notre Dame in the Elite Eight last year, so even if they prevail over you all, we'd most likely be meeting up with a team out for revenge. :grumpy:

I also got WVU/UK going to the Elite Eight. My Final Four is Kansas, OU, MSU, and UK. I'm not saying who I got winning because I might wind up changing that at some point before the brackets are fully locked in.

@UK fans sorry I took Indy over you guys in the round of 32. :lol:
banned-permabanned.gif

I also got WVU/UK going to the Elite Eight. My Final Four is Kansas, OU, MSU, and UK. I'm not saying who I got winning because I might wind up changing that at some point before the brackets are fully locked in.
Same Final Four here. 👍 A third Kansas/OU matchup in the Final Four would be epic.

I finally filled out my bracket, I guess better late than never. I have Kansas, Oklahoma, Michigan St, and UNC in the Final Four, with Kansas beating Carolina in the final.

I am terribly late to try to hype things up, but this is St. Patrick's Day... which can be an unlucky day for a number of teams playing today. The field of 68 was whittled down to 64 after the "First Four" games. It is now time to really turn up the heat and find out which teams are for real.

64 will become 32, and then 32 will become 16 after this week's games. Life can be so cruel. And to that end, good luck to all teams.

These early games make it seem like I picked a good year to use My Bracket Sucks as my bracket name. Oh wait, that's every year I make a bracket. :lol:

Double post, but RIP brackets (mine was already dead before this game :lol:). #2 Spartans upset by #15 Middle Tennessee with a final score of 90-81 Middle Tennessee.

One of the biggest upsets in tournament history. Congrats, MTSU!

Looks like there are indeed no more perfect brackets on ESPN, at least:

I only make a GTP bracket because I only play with small groups or with friends. None of my friends told me that they were playing, so this is the only bracket I made.

Also, on another note, I picked a good year to name my bracket "My Bracket Sucks." It's an annual tradition, but it's a literal name this year in particular.

Musing time...

* So DOWN GOES MICHIGAN STATE? Wow! Didn't see that coming. The MTSU Blue Raiders from Murfreesboro, TN beat Michigan State 90-81. The news isn't all bad if you're a Michigan State fan, because the Michigan State Lady Spartans beat the Lady Bruins of Belmont 74-60 today in the women's tournament. I did not anticipate the Blue Raiders taking down Michigan State. You know something else I didn't see coming?

* DOWN GOES CALIFORNIA! Hawaii/Hawai'i earned their first NCAA tournament win in school history by taking down the Golden Bears of California. The [Rainbow] Warriors beat Cal 77-66.

* I briefly mentioned it, but today begins the Women's NCAA Tournament. So far, there was one upset as #12 Albany's Lady Great Danes downed the #5 Florida Lady Gators 61-58.

College basketball. Got to love it.

I want to punch some ******* walls right now...a lot. There are not enough words to describe how poorly played that game was, on both sides of the game. One side was carried, as if Jesus was mortal, the other half lost what it meant to carry their team's namesake..

I feel bad for all you WVU fans in here; from what I saw of the game, your team just didn't look like itself tonight.

Upsets are a lot of fun unless it's your proud team that's getting beat! Not a good feeling. :ill:

Another double post, but here is an interesting stat according to ESPN: This the first time in NCAA history that a 13,14,and 15 seed all won on the same day in the Tournament.

Latest Posts

Back