College Basketball 2021-2022 Season (Men and Women)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 15 comments

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
I am sorry I have not made a thread for this upcoming season of college basketball until now! GTPlanet, this is your thread to discuss college basketball from the early games to the final game of the NCAA Tournament (and other college basketball).

Let me begin by sharing Preseason Top 25 lists.

--- 2021 Preseason AP Top 25: Men ---
01 - Gonzaga
02 - UCLA
03 - Kansas
04 - Villanova
05 - Texas
06 - Michigan
07 - Purdue
08 - Baylor <<< defending NCAA Div. 1 Men's National Champions
09 - Duke
10 - Kentucky
11 - Illinois
12 - Memphis
13 - Oregon
14 - Alabama
15 - Houston
16 - Arkansas
17 - Ohio State
18 - Tennessee
19 - North Carolina
20 - Florida State
21 - Maryland
22 - Auburn
23 - St. Bonaventure
24 - Connecticut
25 - Virginia

--- 2021 Preseason AP Top 25: Women ---
01 - South Carolina
02 - Connecticut
03 - Stanford <<< defending NCAA Div. 1 Women's National Champions
04 - Maryland
05 - North Carolina State
06 - Louisville
07 - Baylor
08 - Indiana
09 - Iowa
10 - Oregon
11 - Michigan
12 - Iowa State
13 - Kentucky
14 - Oregon State
15 - Tennessee
16 - Florida State
17 - Ohio State
18 - Georgia Tech
19 - West Virginia
20 - UCLA
21 - South Florida
22 - Arizona
23 - Texas A&M
24 - Virginia Tech
25 - Texas

So who all will be the Champions of collegiate hoops this season? We'll find out in the coming months! Tip off of the new season is NOW!

Last edited:

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
College is in session. College BASKETBALL, that is! We have a lot of games on the men's and women's sides tonight.

As part of the Champions Classic, we have these two matches to be shown on ESPN:

• #3 Kansas vs. Michigan State
  • #10 Kentucky vs. #9 Duke

On the women's side, we got a BIG match tonight. It's #1 South Carolina vs. #5 North Carolina State.

Enjoy whatever college basketball you get into!

United States
Indiana
DolphDrago
The Boilers are looking good again this year. Sitting at 5-0 and ranked #3 after wins over UNC and 'Nova to win the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament.

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Purdue ballin' of late, eh? The Big Ten can be pretty tough. Purdue's success in the B1G can depend on how they do against Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, and some of the other Big Ten powers.

Meanwhile, my Houston Cougars took down the Butler Bulldogs 70-52 today. UH is 12th in the nation in men's hoops. Houston made the Final Four last season. Their journey ended after getting smashed by eventual National Champions, Baylor.

United States
Indiana
DolphDrago
Iowa gave a scare late in the game, but Purdue held on to go 8-0 and will be ranked #1 for the first time in school history. Woohoo! :D

Meanwhile @JohnBM01's Cougars put a beatdown on the Bryant Bulldogs (who I'd honestly never heard of) 111-44 and have improved to 7-1. Well done to them. 👍

Last edited:

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Wow... UH beating Bryant was what I expected, but not by THAT much! And cheers to Purdue also!

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Look at Dolph Drago's Purdue Boilermakers! For the first time in school history, Purdue is No. 1 in the nation. Not Duke. Not North Carolina. Not Indiana. Not Gonzaga. Not Michigan State. Not UCLA. Purdue University is atops the mens NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball world. As we all know, though, college basketball is a much different animal than college football. Purdue has that No. 1 pressure on them. How will they channel that energy? Could Purdue make a possible Final Four run should they get into the tournament?

On the women's side, South Carolina is tops in the women's hoops. Seems like a changing of the guard from when teams like Stanford and (especially) UConn ruled the roost in women's hoops.

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Texas Southern upset No. 20 Florida last night 69-54. The Texas Southern Tigers pulled off this big win against an SEC men's basketball power. The Tigers were previously winless on the season when they tamed the Florida Gators big time. This was supposedly the first-ever time a ranked SEC school lost to a SWAC school in men's basketball. Great job by Texas Southern on this upset!

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
United States
NJ/USA
Blitzbay
Blitzbay
Purdue's stay at #1 will likely be short as they fall to unranked Rutgers 70-68 on a last second 3 pointer by Ron Harper Jr.

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Buzzer beater, Blitz24? Wow. Usually Rutgers is great at women's basketball. This win by the men's team, though, is pretty big. Some people still think Rutgers has no business in the Big Ten, but the Scarlet Knights did REAL good to sink the Boilermakers. The B1G is a competitive conference. We'll have to see how Purdue handles the likes of Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, and of course- rivals Indiana.

Congratulations to Rutgers and all other winners from today (men and women)!

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
I saw that Rutgers buzzer-beater on Yahoo! Sports last night, and... well, that's basketball. Any loss surely hurts. I always say you are going to lose in basketball; just don't lose with regularity. Otherwise, you'll find yourself WATCHING the tournament rather than PLAY in the tournament.

Last edited:
United States
Indiana
DolphDrago
While it is disappointing, at least it was just a regular season game and not the tournament. It doesn't have quite the sting that the loss to Virginia had a couple years ago to miss out on the Final Four.

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
The University of Houston Cougars were supposed to face the University of Cincinnati Bearcats soon. However, because of COVID-19/Coronavirus in the Coogs' program, they had to forfeit a loss. I would really hate for a college team to miss out on wins because of being unfortunate navigating around this savage pandemic. Even teams in the NCAA Tournament had to forfeit games due to positive virus cases. This is the Great Unknown right now.

JohnBM01

JohnMarineDesigns
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Weird. Pretty good for Nicholls State to hang with Purdue, but you all still got the "W." Good job holding off Nicholls State!

Last edited: