College Basketball: 2022-2023 Season (Men and Women)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 67 comments
DOWN GOES SOUTH CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA TECH!

Behind Caitlin Clark's amazing 41 point performance, the Iowa Lady Hawkeyes downed the seemingly unstoppable South Carolina Lady Gamecocks 77-73. The LSU Lady Tigers defeated the No. 1 Virginia Tech Lady Hokies 79-72. Your Women's National Championship game in NCAA Division 1 Women's hoops tomorrow is Iowa vs. LSU. Surprisingly, as good as LSU has been in women's hoops, this is their first-ever National Championship game.

The Men's Final Four begins tonight here in Houston. We got Florida Atlantic vs. San Diego State, and then Miami vs. Connecticut.

Enjoy this weekend's action!

Just flabbergasted at FAU. Seriously, the last sequence was probably the worst play after a timeout (2 timeouts lol) I think I've ever seen. Nobody doubled the ball carrier with 2 seconds left and the guy just YAKKEMd that poor kid to win the game on the easy jumper. Just shockingly poor situational basketball there. Coach really let the team down. They should also make the bigs WALK HOME from Texas. Not sure how you have THAT many offensive rebounds off of free throws in a final four game. Goldin is charmin soft. Just can't believe they blew a 14 point lead.

Hopefully the Canes aren't as disappointing as the football team.

Yeah, that sucked for FAU, Omnis. But then too, that's March Madness. How do you think I felt like when Michigan hit a fluke buzzer-beater 3-pointer to send my Houston Cougars packing years ago? This was a tough loss nonetheless for the FAU Owls.

So get ready for Monday here in Houston- Connecticut vs. San Diego State for the NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball National Championship.

Not to be outdone... congratulations to the University of North Texas on winning the Men's NIT National Championship, and Kansas on winning the Women's NIT National Championship!

San Diego State Aztecs. Connecticut Huskies. SDSU wants to be the first Champion from a western state since Arizona (1997). UConn wants their 5th(?) National Championship. Whose dreams will come true? Find out tonight around 9:20 PM Eastern Time. Enjoy this National Championship game!

Let's salute some of the champions of college basketball this season:

NCAA D1 Men: Connecticut
NCAA D1 Women: Louisiana State
NCAA D2 Men: Nova Southeastern
NCAA D2 Women: Ashland
NCAA D3 Men: Christopher Newport
NCAA D3 Women: Transylvania
NIT Men: North Texas
NIT Women: Kansas
CBI: Charlotte
NAIA Men: College of Idaho
NAIA Women: Clarke (Iowa)
NJCAA D1 Men: John A. Logan
NJCAA D1 Women: Northwest Florida State
NJCAA D2 Men: Milwaukee Area Tech
NJCAA D2 Women: CCBC Essex
NJCAA D3 Men: Brookdale
NJCAA D3 Women: Rochester

Congratulations to all of the champions of college basketball in 2022-2023!

Purdue may have failed spectacularly in the tournament, but Zach Edey took home Naismith College Player of the Year honors. So there's that, I guess.

Back