College Football 2012-2013.

• Thread starter CAM
  • 904 comments
Oregon and Kansas State go at it in the Fiesta Bowl tonight. Glendale, Arizona will see the Ducks play with a pack of Wildcats from the "Little Apple." Pretty good matchup I'd say.

Extra notes to share now. When it comes to "biggest BCS upset," I still regard Boise State's win over Oklahoma as the biggest upset ever in a BCS Bowl. I don't see Louisville's win over Florida to be the biggest-ever BCS Bowl upset. Louisville is not exactly any kind of powerhouse, but it's not like Louisville is Appalachian State going up against Florida.

One other note I want to make... I kept seeing that J. Clowney hit that he put on Michigan on YouTube and on ESPN. One word- DAMN! The poor dude who got bombed by Clowney didn't get a chance to get going. That was a HUGE hit.

But again- Oregon and Kansas State tonight in Glendale, AZ. Good luck to both teams.

As a Ducks fan I'm really looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl tonight. It's not the Oregon v. Notre Dame BCS Championship game I wanted, but the Duck in a BCS bowl is still pretty good.

I believe that Oregon will win tonight. Klein, and by extension K-State, has not played well since Klein became concussed against Oklahoma State.

If you wanted to see the Kansas State Wildcats get their butts handed to, you got your wish. The Oregon Ducks torched the K-State Wildcats 35-17 in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl. The only major game that remains is the Alabama vs. Notre Dame match this coming Monday.

The Cotton Bowl is later today (since it is now Friday as of this post). It's Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma. Should be a great one.

The BBVA Compass Bowl was the only game on the card today, and it was won by Mississippi. Ole Miss put a good ol' 38-17 beatin' on Pittsburgh.

North Dakota State beat Sam Houston State last year. And... the Bearkats of Sam Houston State failed against NDSU again. It was a 39-13 victory for the Bison in the FCS National Championship game. The Bison of North Dakota State are back-to-back FCS champions.

Chip Kelly is staying put in Eugene.

Unless AJ McCarron goes dumb-dumb tomorrow night, I have a feeling Alabama will win by 20. I just don't think Notre Dame is ready for Barrett Jones and the big nasties up front.

I remember you saying you pulled for SHSU, John, two years in a row must be rough. I was more drawn to them than the Bison, at least.

Ah, it's nothing, CAM. I've had absolutely nothing against North Dakota State. Just sad they had to settle for second fiddle for the second straight year in FCS. Sam Houston State is my favorite FCS school. I also root on Lamar University (once a student there) among my favorite Southland Conference schools. Sometimes, I also go with Texas Southern here in Houston. But still, Sam Houston State has had two great seasons despite not coming away with a title in either season.

Well, the "kings" shall be crowned tonight. Bama and Notre Dame are duking it out so get ready for some real football.

So everything preceding tonight was not real football?

Including every single football game prior to this :dopey:. Funny, I guess then only when these two teams play its real football. SEC isn't real football on its own :lol:.

Well... tonight is the night. It's Notre Dame vs. Alabama for the BCS National Championship. We speculated long enough. We've seen many previews and heard endless rambling. Now- it's time to just suit up and play [foot]ball.

Good news to both teams. May the better team win.

Brett
So everything preceding tonight was not real football?

No, because 90% of the teams out there don't have a fair shot to play in games like tonight like the Alabamas and Notre Dames of the country.

/screwBCS

Norte Dame was an underdog when the season started. No one thought they'd even remotely be a contender for the BCS Championship (except maybe me :lol: ). But I agree, they need to fix how the BCS works.

An undefeated Notre Dame will have a 1.000 BCS rating at the end of the year even if they play my high school team twelve times in a row and have to surmount a 30 point deficit and win in triple overtime every week, solely because of their name. That's how it works. :lol:

I guarantee you that if Notre Dame loses, one topic that will be discussed was that Fair Catch Interference call just now. Then again, it may be discussed anyhow. Lot of ticked off fans in Miami right now...

Wow the officials in this game are terrible. First a missed catch by Notre Dame and then a horrible call resulting in ND not getting a fumble. ND doesn't stand a chance when they have the officials against them.

They had the national coordinator of rules on the phone and he said that that was a good call.

Because we all know refs know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Anyone who watches football can see two horrible calls were made. I'd be saying the same thing if it would have happened to Alabama. I hate bad officiating, it ruins the game.

Yeah, as an official I would have called that in real time. That being said, we don't have the benefit of replay in high school (although college officials may not review penalty calls), but there was too much going on on that play for me.

I missed the first call, just walked in about 5 minutes ago.

I believe his knee is down even though I'm pulling for Alabama.

Holy McCarron's girlfriend. :lol:

Last edited:
Well she is very attractive. And the only thing more worse than this game is Urban Meyer's tie.

Back