College Football 2012-2013.

• Thread starter CAM
  • 904 comments
42-14 Bama rolls past Notre Dame to achieve dynasty status and get its 15th national championship. Do you have 15?

15 is a maybe considering anything before 1940 I believe is up for some debate. It's probably more like 10 or 11. Still impressive though. And let's not forget Norte Dame has somewhere between 8-11 as well.

The game was pretty disappointing but you can't deny Alabama is a powerhouse. Although Alabama got extremely lucky this year. If Ohio State would have been bowl eligible it would have been them versus Notre Dame tonight, which I think would have made for a much closer game.

That she is.

And Brent Musburger couldn't possibly be any creepier about it.

CAM
Yeah that was awkward.

That wasn't awkward, it was hilarious. Great sense of humor to say that on the air. :lol:

Anyway, this game was a joke. Championship should've been a rematch against the Aggies. Bama looked like they were playing against junior varsity, and ND's linebackers were just AWFUL.

Congrats to McCarron on being the only back-to-back National Championship winning QB in BCS history. Hope he got some last night and for a whole week in a row.

I actually like him as a QB and I hope he plays in the NFC. :lol: And, for the love of god, we need to draft Dee Milliner in April, and Amari Cooper when he comes out.

CAM
Holy McCarron's girlfriend. :lol:

Brent Musburger couldn't possibly be any creepier about it.

CAM
Yeah that was awkward.

That wasn't awkward, it was hilarious. Great sense of humor to say that on the air. :lol:

Brent is just a horny old guy. :lol:
Kirk Herbstreit was probably giving him the elbow saying "Brent, shut the 🤬 up"

BTW - Did Notre Dame show up last night ?

Congrats to Nick Saban and his Tide. :cheers:

I don't like people making a fuss about it, just a bit of appreciation.

Now that the season has ended, how do you assess this season of college football? You're free to discuss teams, players, conferences, games, thoughts on next season, etc.

I would like to add two comments:
* best of luck to all players entering the NFL Draft. Hope your college skills translate to the NFL.

* I still pay tribute to lives we've lost before, during, and after this past season; including the likes of Joe Paterno, Darrell K. Royal, Beano Cook, and many others.

In retrospect, it was a great year. ECU wasn't projected by some to evem make a bowl game this year, but we pulled off an 8-5 mark highlighted by a spectacular double overtime win over Marshall after a game tying touchdown with :04 left in regulation, all on Senior Day. I won't mention bowl games...

Duke pulled off its first bowl in almost 20 years, but the highlight of our year was Carolina coming into Wallace Wade and being sent home with a game winning touchdown inside :30 to go.

The picture of the year for me was the Duke seniors spray painting the Liberty Bell royal blue after the win to replace that foul shade of sky blue there previously.

I was ashamed of our Mountaineers this year, especially our D. I know this is our first Big 12 year, but Holgerson was in the conference long enough to know every team's styles. Our D lost nearly game for us (besides the bowl) by not helping out Geno when he got in a shootout and proceeding to fall in the bottom 10 in the nation in total D.

Starting 5-0 and finishing 7-6 is nothing to be proud of. Not closing out the Oklahoma win, getting destroyed against Texas Tech and K State, and bad coaching decisions in the TCU game hurt.

Sadly, Geno, Tavon, and Stedman are gone, so now we will need to see how our draft classes pan out. I'm now only hoping Geno is drafted #1.

This years College Football season was interesting, to say the least.

* First off, there was the pre-season hands on favorite to win it all ... USC. (didn't happen)
* The Heisman was practically in the Hands of Matt Barkley when the season began. (didn't happen)
* Geno Smith took control of the Heisman hope in mid-season, hoping to take it with him all the way to the finish. (didn't happen)
* Seriously, from the get go - could you have ruled out 'Bama ? Like them or not, or the SEC for the matter, you had to know in the back of your mind that the Tide would be lurking.
* LSU, the surprising fallout of power. I kind of figured on seeing them at the top of it all, well close to, but they stumbled and seemed to never recoop.
* Oregon, good anticipated season, but what's with all these uniform changes ? Some were cool, some were .... well, some were.

B1G Notes :

* Penn State (amidst all the scandal) should not have even won the amount of games they did, but somehow they got their act together and came out looking good ... considering.
* Ohio State was speculated to be a good team (albeit they were bowl ineligible) was not being considered as to being an undefeated team, somehow toughed their way through the season to end up with a perfect season mark.
* Northwestern, where did this season come from ? To top it off, they won their bowl game.
* Michigan, was in hopes of going all the way with star QB Denard Robinson (senior year). They hit a few bumps in the road and got derailed. It will be intersting to see what this program will do for a QB next year. Robinson's shoes will be a lot to fill.
* Michigan State was poised to be a heavy hitter in the B1G. They struggled to make a bowl game
* Wisconsin, also poised to be a big boy of the B1G stumbled real bad in the beginning. They suffered some coaching changes early on, ultimately got back on track, but that came a little to late.
* Illinois & Indiana ... same old. Back to the drawing board.
* Minnesota, not what I was expecting to see from them. They do have some flaws to be ironed out, but rest assured, this team will bounce back.
* Purdue, I was really surprised to see them finish where they did. A talented team that just did not gel this year.
* Nebraska, I was expecting to see a lot more from the Cornhuskers. I can't figure them out. Granted they won the B1G Legends division, then turned around and got smoked by a surging Wisconsin Badger team in the B1G Championship game.

2013-14 will be something to see.

Somehow I have a little trouble believing Te'o just didn't know his dead girlfriend was never real.

D3ATHS1NBUNCH3S
I have officially lost all respect for Te'o.

My thing with this is that him and the school still have the nerve to say it wasn't his fault.

Manti T'eo and his credibility would be incredibly destroyed if the whole girlfriend deal was a hoax.

Besides this story, you may have heard that Chip Kelly, after deciding not to be a pro coach, did (basically) a complete 180° and became head coach of the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. I think part of the reason was some sort of Bowl Ban on Oregon. I have to wonder if Oregon can maintain or improve its explosive offense. It will surely be different without Chip Kelly calling the shots.

Those are really the two big college football stories right now.

It's official- the whole girlfriend story involving Manti Te'o was a hoax. So... what do you make of this guy now?

It's official- the whole girlfriend story involving Manti Te'o was a hoax. So... what do you make of this guy now?

He just needs to come out and apologize. The sooner the better. Just be honest and get it out there so he can star to put this behind him.

Im sure all of us did some stupid things around his age. There just wasnt news media to let the whole world know about it.

Yes what he did was really, really wrong, but he can show it was just a product of age and that he is truly sorry by coming out and taking responsibility and promising to learn from his mistake.

Right now it appears hes saying he was a "victim" in all of this. Thats not sounding apologetic

He just needs to come out and apologize. The sooner the better. Just be honest and get it out there so he can star to put this behind him.

Im sure all of us did some stupid things around his age. There just wasnt news media to let the whole world know about it.

Yes what he did was really, really wrong, but he can show it was just a product of age and that he is truly sorry by coming out and taking responsibility and promising to learn from his mistake.

Right now it appears hes saying he was a "victim" in all of this. Thats not sounding apologetic

He faked a story in order to become more attractive to the CFB nation.

I'm not sure what to believe on the Te'o story. It doesn't take away from him being an excellent player though, I mean many all-stars in any sport have a ton of baggage.

As a Notre Dame fan, I am disgusted that something like that has happened and was made a focal point of the season.

At least he's graduated already. Hopefully he gets drafted by an NFL team that is equally as much of a joke as he has turned out to be.

We got a wide receiver out of Norfolk and a QB from Florida, so that's good. I saw a lot of DBs on the list, so our new DC better stop this 60 yard pass play crap this year.

And our ESPNU Top 150 recruit at safety from last year should be good to go if he passed his GED.

OSU's bowl ban is lifted this coming season right?

If so, they win the National Championship. And I'd love to see an OSU v. U of M BCS Championship game since the Big 10 needs to do something interesting.

OSU's bowl ban is lifted this coming season right?

Yes, they are cleared.

If so, they win the National Championship

Hmmmm, that's a pretty tall order, but not totally unobtainable. The Bucks will without a doubt be good this year. Can they repeat .... 12-0 ? National Championship good ? I can see them (O.S.U.) cleaning house in the B1G and winning the B1G Championship Game, but getting a bid to the BCS National Championship and winning it all (IMHO), remains questionable. Pending the lovely BCS system ... *sucks*. Legitimately, yes, they have to be considered, but again, what will the BCS have to say about it ?

the Big 10 needs to do something interesting.

I'm hearing ya' there. 👍 I'm about getting damn sick and tired of hearing about the SEC this ... the SEC that ... the SEC yadda yadda yadda. Screw the SEC. Your 100% spot on Joey, the B1G has to get out and do something to regain some of that prestige that has been washed away over the past couple of years. I'm not trying to be biased here, I'm just being honest, from out of the B1G, O.S.U. has the possibilities to "turn back the tide" and give the B1G some well deserved respect.

BTW Joey, I've seen where your Wolverines snagged two fine running backs, Derrick Green and De'Veon Smith ..... nice !!!!! 👍. Question for you. Who is going to fill D. Robs. shoes ? That's a tall order to fill as well.

Back