College Football: 2022 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 55 comments
Hello there! College football may be nearing its regular season sunset; but while it is nearing the end of regular season play, you know we don't end without RIVALRY GAMES. There will be plenty of rivalry action for you all between now and the end of this regular season of college football. Games such as California at Stanford, Oklahoma State at Oklahoma, and Montana at Montana State will all play themselves out this Saturday. No matter what records teams have, we always say about rivalry games- throw out the record books. More college football awesomeness coming your way today and tonight!

Enjoy today's games!

We have a new College Football Playoff rankings update? Cool! Let's see it...

--- College Football Playoff Rankings (as of: November 22, 2022) ---
1: Georgia (11-0)
2: Ohio State (11-0)
3: Michigan (11-0)
4: TCU (11-0)
~
5: LSU (9-2)
6: USCal (10-1)

So we have four unbeaten teams at 11-0. Well, guess what? It is likely at least one of these teams will be 11-1 after this week. There aren't any more ties in college football like there was a long time ago. Ohio State vs. Michigan is the big one that determines who'll be going to the B1G Championship game in one of the greatest rivalries in all of college sports. Georgia keeps doing their thing while TCU is proving they're for real. Outside looking in are Louisiana State and Southern California.

A lot of rivalry games coming up this week. Whatever college football interests you, enjoy this week's games!

We have four teams with 11-0 records in NCAA FBS football. Guaranteed one of these four will fall. However, it is also possible as many as three teams could face their first defeat of the 2022 season. How will today shape up?

Also, nothing makes college sports exciting quite like rivalries. There will be PLENTY of rivalry games today, including one of the biggest ones in all of college sports- Michigan at Ohio State.

Enjoy today's games!

Ohio State vs. Michigan- one of the greatest college sports rivalries. Both teams are 11-0 heading into today's contest at Ohio State. Michigan is No. 3 in the nation while Ohio State is No. 2 in the nation. This year's result of this classic rivalry? It was 45-23, Michigan. Michigan basically embarrassed Ohio State in their house especially in the 2nd half. Michigan defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes AT Ohio State for the first time since 2000, and the Wolverines are now 12-0 on the 2022 season. It is also two straight years Michigan defeated Ohio State. Wow!

Ohio State vs. Michigan- one of the greatest college sports rivalries. Both teams are 11-0 heading into today's contest at Ohio State. Michigan is No. 3 in the nation while Ohio State is No. 2 in the nation. This year's result of this classic rivalry? It was 45-23, Michigan. Michigan basically embarrassed Ohio State in their house especially in the 2nd half. Michigan defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes AT Ohio State for the first time since 2000, and the Wolverines are now 12-0 on the 2022 season. It is also two straight years Michigan defeated Ohio State. Wow!
It's been an exciting weekend for Purdue athletics between the basketball and football teams. I just hope we don't get embarrassed in the B1G Championship game. :scared:

Edit: Sorry to go off topic, but it's been a great weekend of sports for me. My high school alma mater won the Indiana State Football Championship yesterday, too!

Last edited:
The penultimate College Football Playoff rankings are coming up next...

--- College Football Playoff Rankings (as of: November 29, 2022) ---
1: Georgia (12-0)
2: Michigan (12-0)
3: TCU (12-0)
4: USCal (11-1)
~
5: Ohio State (11-1)
6: Alabama (10-2)

Next week's standings will be the final ones to round off the Playoff 4. Most of this week will mostly be conference championship games and maybe a few other matches. It probably will also be playoffs for NCAA FBS, Division 2, Division 3, and perhaps even NAIA and NJCAA playoffs.

Enjoy this week's action!

I was a bit surprised that the Utes managed to make it to the Pac-12 Championship again. Hopefully, they can get a win, although USC will be tough, but we've beaten them once already so there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.

On the national stage, I will, of course, be pulling for Michigan. The game against that school down south was most excellent and I'm glad that capped off an impressive season.

On the national stage, I will, of course, be pulling for Michigan. The game against that school down south was most excellent and I'm glad that capped off an impressive season.
As stoked as I am for my Boilers to be in the Big Ten championship game, I'm afraid we're going to get blown out of the water this weekend. Enjoy the upcoming win! :lol:

Okay. Let's do this one last time- the final College Football Playoff rankings are coming up. Get ready:

--- Final College Football Playoff Rankings (December 4, 2022) ---
01: Georgia (13-0)
02: Michigan (13-0)
03: TCU (12-1)
04: Ohio State (11-1)
~
05: Alabama (10-2)
06: Tennessee (10-2)

We now know the Playoff Four who will be competing for the National Championship. Now with next season or with 2024, the playoff field will go from 4 to 12. I thought an 8-team playoff would be perfect. However, it will be among the 12 best teams in the near future. Anyhow, let the speculation begin as to who will be kings of college football this season!

Elsewhere...

* "Primetime" Deion Sanders will be the new coach of the University of Colorado. Deion Sanders turned Jackson State into a baller program. Now, he hopes to reverse the misfortunes of Colorado. The Colorado Buffaloes finished the 2022 season 1-11 overall and 1-8 in the Pac-12.

Congratulations to all conference champions and those who made the postseason (including Bowl Games)!

At the top of the hour on ESPN2, it will be the quarterfinals of the NCAA FCS Playoffs at 7 PM Eastern Time tonight. To be televised tonight is the Samford Bulldogs at the North Dakota State Bison. I know on TB has interest in this one.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite rivalries- the Army-Navy Game to be played in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Later on tomorrow, it will be the 2022 Heisman Trophy Ceremony.

Enjoy some college football this weekend!

Whether you consider it the greatest single achievement in sports or the most overrated heap of garbage, your Heisman winner for 2022 is...

Caleb Williams (QB, USCal)!

Congratulations to Caleb Williams on winning the Heisman Trophy this season! It was an all-quarterback Heisman race this season. C. Williams defeated Max Duggan (QB, TCU), Stetson Barrett (QB, Georgia), and C.J. Stroud (QB, Ohio State).

Congratulations also to the actual games that were played today, including (but not limited to) Army winning the first-ever Overtime battle in the Army-Navy Game!

Mississippi State football head coach Mike Leach has died. He was 61 years old and was the current head coach of the Mississippi State University Bulldogs. Mike Leach suffered from heart issues and was hospitalized this past weekend for it. Mike Leach was one of the better head coaches in all of college football. My condolences go out to Mike Leach and all who known and loved him.

Last edited:
A small news note to pass along is that regents have approved for the University of California-Los Angeles to join the Big Ten. UCLA will have to pay $2M USD a year to California.

Also of note, after Mike Leach passed away recently, Mississippi State has announced they will play in their Bowl Game, and they promoted defensive coordinator Zach Arnett to head coach. The Bulldogs of Mississippi State finished this past regular season 8-4. They will play in the ReliaQuest Bowl on January 2, 2023 against the Illinois Fighting Illini.

Bowl Game season begins tomorrow. The first of the Bowl Games coming up are:

• Bahamas Bowl: Miami (OH) vs. Alabama-Birmingham
  • Cure Bowl: #25 Texas-San Antonio vs. #24 Troy

For the full schedule of Bowl Games for the 2022 season, take a look here: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...l-bowl-game-schedule-scores-tv-channels-times .

Enjoy the Bowl Game season, as well as the other NCAA playoffs action!

It was announced recently that Drew Brees will an assistant of the Purdue Boilermakers. Purdue is 8-5 on the season, B1G runners up; and they will meet the 9-4 LSU Tigers in the Citrus Bowl on January 2, 2023.

FUN FACT: I share a birthday with Drew Brees (January 15).

[UPDATE] Drew Brees an assistant, not interim head coach.

Last edited:
Who will win the NCAA FCS National Championship? A Dakota State! But... which? On January 8, 2023; it's a glorified conference match between the North Dakota State Bison and the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. How often do you hear of either North Dakota and/or South Dakota being sports powers? It should be fun for when these two teams go at it in the FCS Championship game.

Besides the NDSU/SDSU match, let me recognize some Champions...

* Your NCAA Division 2 Football Champs are the Ferris State Bulldogs. The Bulldogs smashed the Orediggers of the Colorado School of Mines 41-14 back on December 17, 2022.

* Your NCAA Division 3 Football Champions are North Central. North Central did what I would consider shocking- defeating Mount Union for the D3 Football Championship on December 16, 2022. Both teams came into the game 14-0. The Cardinals of North Central won 28-21 in the Stagg Bowl against the Mount Union Purple Raiders. Usually, Mount Union is a pretty powerful program in Division 3. They are kind of the team you expect to see make the Championship Game every season; or at least, make a deep playoff run. North Central did most of its damage early to where Mount Union was unable to make any kind of late game magic.

My Houston Cougars are taking on the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette right now, and I don't think we're going to win that game. So I been watching the Independence Bowl here-and-there.

Well, GTPlanet... it's time. It's time for the College Football Playoff! Four teams have a chance at the National Championship in NCAA FBS. Two will play for the title in 2023; two others will have their seasons ended today. While some ball somewhere will drop to ring in the new year, us college football fans will ring in the new year with some great college football. Today's schedule in the CFP:

• Michigan vs. TCU
  • Georgia vs. Ohio State

Enjoy today's games, and all other college football on this New Year's Eve!

I think today was the best day of American Football that there's ever been. The games were incredible. Sorry, @Keef. Can't believe stRuggles missed it.

I agree, excellent game. Both teams played like championship teams. I was so confident in Ruggles and his performance all season that I'd have put $100 on him if sports betting were legal in Ohio last night. But alas, I was saved from financial ruin by one of the worst field goals I've ever seen.

But Georgia's kicker missed two.

Last edited:
All set to watch a local rivalry play out 1000 miles away from where it usually does.

Screenshot_20230104_031555_TiVo.jpg

I haven't updated, but your NCAA FBS National Championship is set. It will be defending Champions, the University of Georgia Bulldogs, meeting the upstart Horned Frogs of Texas Christian University (TCU). TCU can deliver some mayhem if they somehow manage to knock off Georgia in the CFP National Championship Game on January 9th.

If you care to tell it, who will be National Champions in NCAA FBS- Georgia or TCU?

No brainer for me. I was born in Columbus, GA, my brother went to UGA and I still have family there.

Go Dawgs!

The College Football Playoff FINAL is TONIGHT! Will Georgia win back-to-back titles, or will the upstarts from Fort Worth take down the almighty Bulldogs? Georgia Bulldogs. Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. One game to decide it all.

Enjoy tonight's National Championship game if you'll be watching/following!

Here is your winner... and STILL National Champions... the Georgia Bulldogs! With authority and absolution, Georgia hammered the boys from Fort Worth, Texas 65-7. I was watching (something else) last night. When I finally tuned in, the game was over. Some say Georgia has a chance to three-peat starting next season. Methinks the new guard in SEC football (let alone nationally) is the University of Georgia. All congratulations to Georgia... and also TCU.

Back