Coming from GT Sport, having trouble enjoying PC2

• Thread starter OneGunner
  • 321 comments
What does that matter when they all drive the same basically? I can take the same car in rF2 and do one makes on multiple tracks and have fun because the physics are just that good. Some want to setup a car and some don't. In GT Spurt I can go from driving a Honda Fit to driving an Audi R18 LMP1 with nothing but one lap to get used to it. Needing hundreds of cars in GT Spurt is a testament to just how crappy their physics engine is. I'll take PC2's Clio Cup over anything in GTS and that's saying something.

I think not enough credit has been given to GTS's content relative to PCARS2 in this conversation. GTS offers many more fan favorite cars than PCARS2 with its motorsports bias and limited licensing. PCARS2 can scarcely be beaten when it comes to circuits, but its car list leaves a lot to be desired -- in spite of appreciation for its simulation credentials. That's my relation to the game; a superb sim I haven't played in a long time because the car list got old.

PCARS2 is also not very pick-up-and-play even if you are fully aware of the importance of tire temperature, etc. The game does virtually nothing to assist in preventing the player from being bitten by tires being too cold or too warm, for example. You have to be committed to have a good experience; inattention leads to wasted sessions.
You are right. PC2 car list is more towards racing cars which is fine with me. I do also think GTS is probably better for pickup and play. I think SMS tried to address these issues in PC3 to make it more accessible but in the end they fell short. Anyway PC2 can be fun but you have to get everything setup to have fun where as GTS you can just plop in a car and not worry about the tires and have fun. Not knocking PC2 because I love it just being honest about it

@Beezer215 -- I agree that the driving experience is paramount, but a lack of appealing content can be equally damning. Like, I could not care less about ACC because I'm not interested in its modern GT racing.

GTS has other strengths that make up for the weaknesses in its driving experience, which is part of why its car list matters -- you can represent brands/models in online competition, personalize your cars, and virtually photograph them with one of the best implementations of that feature, to name a few appeals.

There is that GT has the fan favourites aspect. For me and some, we’d racing modify road cars anyway. PC2 has this. The Group A cars. Vintage race cars. Some of that is missing in GT. I love the road cars in GT, but then I can’t experience a mock vintage race(hope that’s addressed in GT7). I have the livery editor, but that’s not enough.

As for the physics with controller, I think ACC is the best in feeling. I mean, the virtual feeling of engine braking with the sound of the revs and friction of tyre to surface. That’s really good. I don’t need to adjust the controller settings in that game.
It goes hand in hand with GT3 and GT4 being gentleman racer cars, that are easy to drive.

Anyway, I find the vintage cars to be more forgiving on controller than, ironically, the newer cars with more downforce.

I think not enough credit has been given to GTS's content relative to PCARS2 in this conversation. GTS offers many more fan favorite cars than PCARS2 with its motorsports bias and limited licensing. PCARS2 can scarcely be beaten when it comes to circuits, but its car list leaves a lot to be desired -- in spite of appreciation for its simulation credentials. That's my relation to the game; a superb sim I haven't played in a long time because the car list got old.

PCARS2 is also not very pick-up-and-play even if you are fully aware of the importance of tire temperature, etc. The game does virtually nothing to assist in preventing the player from being bitten by tires being too cold or too warm, for example. You have to be committed to have a good experience; inattention leads to wasted sessions.
Agree.

I still enjoy GTS for wide selection of cars, but mainly for taking photos. There are lots of people with amazing liveries and photos. Actual game play though for me is just boring. The car sounds are pretty awful compared to most car games.

I also agree that project cars has a long learning period. I am sure most people that have gotten the most from it have significantly change game and or car settings. I would have to think that the developers surely must of ran the game on more then just default settings. To bad there could not of been things done for users to grasp the game easier. When ya get it right, it is pretty great.

I changed my T-150 calibration per this video. I have seen improvements to the handling of most cars.
I would recommend this for wheels like the T-150. For direct drive wheel, doubt if this would matter, but not sure.
All i can say is that I am having some of the best experiences with PC2 after this change.

Last edited:

I changed my T-150 calibration per this video. I have seen improvements to the handling of most cars.
I would recommend this for wheels like the T-150. For direct drive wheel, doubt if this would matter, but not sure.
All i can say is that I am having some of the best experiences with PC2 after this change.

As mainly a controller player that likes quite direct steering a little trick I use when I'm on my TX because I found the feeling a bit dead in the centre is collaborate the wheel as normal so 100/900 so this gives you the full range of steering but within the steering sensitivity settings I increased it to 75% instead of the normal 50%

This gave me a better chance of catching slides easily as it's quite tight and direct apon initial input but then it smooths out again.

Not saying it'll work for you but it was a quick setup change that worked across the board for every car I use (which is a fare few)

As I said I've come from a controller which I am pretty quick with so a wheel felt quite loose in comparison so that's why I did it.

Last edited:
As mainly a controller player that likes quite direct steering a little trick I use when I'm on my TX because I found the feeling a bit dead in the centre is collaborate the wheel as normal so 100/900 so this gives you the full range of steering but within the steering sensitivity settings I increased it to 75% instead of the normal 50%

This gave me a better chance of catching slides easily as it's quite tight and direct apon initial input but then it smooths out again.

Not saying it'll work for you but it was a quick setup change that worked across the board for every car I use (which is a fare few)

As I said I've come from a controller which I am pretty quick with so a wheel felt quite loose in comparison so that's why I did it.
I gave you method a try this morning. I believe that is better. Main difference that I noticed is that force feed back seems to be maintained. There appeared to be less force feed back with the other method.

Regardless - I would highly recommend that anyone that likes the car content and track content of project cars 2 to try one of these methods. It is a significant improvement. Allows you to go much quicker through the turns without being afraid of loosing control. Your able to push harder, more on the edge. If you react quick enough, you can catch slides. You can feel the car step out through the wheel.

Good stuff!

By the way Mr. Grumpy what type of wheel do you have? What are your brake sensativity settings etc.

Last edited:
I gave you method a try this morning. I believe that is better. Main difference that I noticed is that force feed back seems to be maintained. There appeared to be less force feed back with the other method.

Regardless - I would highly recommend that anyone that likes the car content and track content of project cars 2 to try one of these methods. It is a significant improvement. Allows you to go much quicker through the turns without being afraid of loosing control. Your able to push harder, more on the edge. If you react quick enough, you can catch slides. You can feel the car step out through the wheel.

Good stuff!

By the way Mr. Grumpy what type of wheel do you have? What are your brake sensativity settings etc.

I'm on XB1X & SX with a Thrustmaster tx

When using the wheel & pedals my settings are...
Controller deadzone 0
Controller sensitivity 75
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 0
Controller dampening 0
Vibration (not available)
Traction control off
Stability control off
ABS off
Car brake pressure setting 100%

When using the controller my settings are...
Controller deadzone 0
Controller sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 90
Controller dampening 0
Vibration 50
Traction control off
Stability control off
ABS off
Car brake pressure setting 80%

I'm on XB1X & SX with a Thrustmaster tx

When using the wheel & pedals my settings are...
Controller deadzone 0
Controller sensitivity 75
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 0
Controller dampening 0
Vibration (not available)
Traction control off
Stability control off
ABS off
Car brake pressure setting 100%

When using the controller my settings are...
Controller deadzone 0
Controller sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 90
Controller dampening 0
Vibration 50
Traction control off
Stability control off
ABS off
Car brake pressure setting 80%
Thnks for the info.

I believe will keep the steering settings as you mentioned. I am also running the brake sensitivty at 50%. Will use 90 or above car brake pressure settings.

Drove the Toyota LMP1H for the first time. That might be close to the best yet.

These settings are major improvement and hope others will give it another chance or use for an enhanced experience.

How does this game look on PS5?

I originally got it some months back for my bone stock ps4. Part of the reason I gave up on it, because honestly, how much effort it took to dial in wasn't worth how bad the game looked (obviously I'm a GTS guy). Shallow... I know. But just being honest.

I have a PS5 now, and want to give the game a second chance

How does this game look on PS5?

I originally got it some months back for my bone stock ps4. Part of the reason I gave up on it, because honestly, how much effort it took to dial in wasn't worth how bad the game looked (obviously I'm a GTS guy). Shallow... I know. But just being honest.

I have a PS5 now, and want to give the game a second chance
To put it simple, it looks outstanding.
The overall Visuals are absolutely gorgeous. I played GTS for 4 years and always thought it’s the best in terms of Graphics Quality.
I was so wrong.
Project Cars 2 looks way better in every Aspect.
No need to mention that the FFB and Physics are on a completely different level too.
Way way better.
I don’t know what it might look like depending on your TV Setup, I play it on a 75“ Sony X900H.
The Game supports native HDR, and it’s just Eye Candy.
For me it’s by far the best looking Racing Game on Console. And I would consider myself being an absolute Graphics Junkie :)

I think PC2 looks good but in my opinion I think ACC looks slightly better. But that is just me. Not taking anything away from PC2

kjb
I think PC2 looks good but in my opinion I think ACC looks slightly better. But that is just me. Not taking anything away from PC2
This one is interesting to me. Can I agree halfway? Lol

ACC is indeed gorgeous, but even on my PS5 it's a little blurry and it's a little stuttery. You have to actually take off HD to even tolerate it. There's no question in my mind that when the PS5 version comes out it will be the king of visuals. Then in March we can compare it to GT7

But, for now, as old as PC2 is, it's still the most beautiful game to watch. It was like that on my PS4 Pro and still on my PS5.

Here's hoping for a "PC4" that's a real extension/upgrade from PC2.

ACC is indeed gorgeous, but even on my PS5 it's a little blurry and it's a little stuttery. You have to actually take off HD to even tolerate it. There's no question in my mind that when the PS5 version comes out it will be the king of visuals. Then in March we can compare it to GT7

But, for now, as old as PC2 is, it's still the most beautiful game to watch. It was like that on my PS4 Pro and still on my PS5.

On my Series X ACC is super smooth and crystal clear. I can't wait for the new update but I honestly don't know what it can improve on but we will see. I haven't loaded PC2 onto the Series X yet but I'm anxious to see how it looks.

You should see AMS2.

We can agree halfway. I think both look good but to me the colors really pop on ACC on the PS5

On my Series X ACC is super smooth and crystal clear. I can't wait for the new update but I honestly don't know what it can improve on but we will see. I haven't loaded PC2 onto the Series X yet but I'm anxious to see how it looks.
I have a Series X and never even knew ACC was an option. Obviously, it's too late to buy it since the new/updated game is around the corner.

So, it runs better on the X than the PS5?? That's interesting. My son in law constantly tells me that the X is a better machine but I've been a Playstation guy for so long that, outside of Horizon 5, I don't turn it on.

Does this mean that ACC is also being updated for the X? If so, would it run better than the PS5?

@Beezer215 What is that game? Is it on console?

Last edited:
I have a Series X and never even knew ACC was an option. Obviously, it's too late to buy it since the new/updated game is around the corner.

So, it runs better on the X than the PS5?? That's interesting. My son in law constantly tells me that the X is a better machine but I've been a Playstation guy for so long that, outside of Horizon 5, I don't turn it on.

Does this mean that ACC is also being updated for the X? If so, would it run better than the PS5?

@Beezer215 What is that game? Is it on console?
Yeah it's getting the same update as the PS5, or so I understand.

What is that game? Is it on console
It's Automobilista 2 that he's referring to, a racing game that uses the Madness engine (from PCars). It's quite well regarded it seems. At the moment it's only available on machines that run Microsoft Windows. Possibly it will eventually be released on superior devices. :sly: :)

On my PS4P ACC's blurry graphics give me a headache after a while. That's not so superior I know.

Last edited:
It's Automobilista 2 that he's referring to, a racing game that uses the Madness engine (from PCars). It's quite well regarded it seems. At the moment it's only available on machines that run Microsoft Windows. Possibly it will eventually be released on superior devices. :sly: :)

On my PS4P ACC's blurry graphics give me a headache after a while. That's not so superior I know.
Thank you, Sir! Long time, friend.

I've seen some YouTube videos of that game and it looks incredible. For some reason I just stick to consoles. Probably because I have a Galaxy Note phone and it basically acts as my laptop.

Any chance they'll bring that game to console?

Thank you, Sir! Long time, friend.
Always keen to help and assist where I can. 👍
Any chance they'll bring that game to console?
There's folks who certainly know than me about it, but from what I understand AMS2 is still in a sort of development stage - it's still being patched and added to. So, although they are a smaller developer, maybe when it's more settled they might think of a gen 9 console release. There's quite a big market out there that they might be keen to attract.

Back