Coming from GT Sport, having trouble enjoying PC2

• Thread starter OneGunner
  • 321 comments
Good to hear that PC2 on PS4 Pro is better graphically.

Agree with you on the fact that with controller PC1 is considerably easier and maybe just easier in general. I am getting used to the graphics on PC2 now. I still miss the motion blur effects from PC1. I have electronic copy of PC1 and disc for PC2. So pretty easy to switch between both. However PC2 has better car content with the add on cars (which are great) along with more tracks.

I just use T-150 and picked it up maybe close to 3 years ago for less then $200. Do not have the shifter, but have consider getting. Do not think it by itself though is worth $80. Have a G27 in the closet when get a PC. Also just use and old small book shelf as my wheel stand. Work okay and just happens to be at the right height.

Not sure what you mean by your comment more like FM or GTS.

Sure I would like to see as many cars variations as possible. Except think for something like PC or similar race car versions are fine by me. Even if just taking street cars and making fictional race cars if real versions do not exist.

I am pretty much done with GTS. As even the most basic race in PC blows GTS out of the water. I do think GTS has the best interface, enjoy photo mode, the car history stuff is fantastic. If they had an arcade mode (sand box mode all cars available) or ability to rent cars for track day/races that would be a lot better.
Motion blur is called depth of field. You can enable this in the camera settings with or without the helmet on.

Note: you can still use helmet cam (as opposed to cockpit cam) without the helmet being visible.
(cockpit cam actually runs slightly smoother than helmet cam)

Another note: using the visible helmet option actually muffles the sound (as it would in real life)

Bannockbrea, default date, 7:00am, clear weather, hdr on, wear sunglasses :)

I do think GTS has the best interface, enjoy photo mode, the car history stuff is fantastic.

I noticed errors in the Jaguar history stuff, which make me wonder how many errors there are in GTS generally.

Agree about being able to rent cars - after playing PC1, PC2 and AC, I hate the grinding. Some people like that - I wouldn't mind unlocking extra liveries in PC3/PCR.

I noticed errors in the Jaguar history stuff, which make me wonder how many errors there are in GTS generally.

Agree about being able to rent cars - after playing PC1, PC2 and AC, I hate the grinding. Some people like that - I wouldn't mind unlocking extra liveries in PC3/PCR.

I would not mind grinding so much if it was not to the extremes that are needed to get 10 million plus credit cars. They could at least give say 1 in 50 chance of getting 10 million plus on the daily or on holiday weekends reduce car credits by 25 to 50 percent.
I certainly would enjoy the car museum files as a slide show and for that matter your own photos or photos of others that you have down loaded.

All mood points now as just going to enjoy project cars and ocassional original AC until get a PC.

Gets lonely racing in the night when you spun out earlier and had to let everyone else go by without causing a crash. Then just a lap or two later have to pit for fuel., Was running 15 lap race at Bruno in GTLE (which is one of my favs). I chose the Aston. Not sure why had to pit less then half way through the race for fuel. After fueling up believe had enough gas for 30 laps. I did not change any of the car settings before starting the race. Now that I think about it was probably some prior pre-saved settings. Will need to remember to always check settings anytime doing any races of more then a few laps. Also need to probably be checking the pit strategy before starting the race. Anyways - I raced on as the car felt good and after filling up and after the first 2 laps in the night started setting session record laps just about every lap.

A few things that like better in PC2 is race engineer radio communication. Its certainly nice to hear you set a record time without having to look at the numbers. The spotter is also nice, I run with the spotter on most of the time.

Was a nice way to wind down after a 10 hour work day.

Also coming from GT Sport.

I bought PC2 Deluxe since it was on sale.

My first play was ok. I jumped right in Laguna Seca in the 86 GT4. I’m decent with the 86 on Laguna on GTS. On PC2, it was a different ballgame for me. I was on cold tyes and had to learn to warm them up. My lap time was slow, I guess the two 86s are not the same or different settings.

Is there a beginner tutorial somewhere? Settings, etc.

My first play was ok. I jumped right in Laguna Seca in the 86 GT4. I’m decent with the 86 on Laguna on GTS. On PC2, it was a different ballgame for me. I was on cold tyes and had to learn to warm them up. My lap time was slow, I guess the two 86s are not the same or different settings.

No they are not the same.
PC2 takes a while to get used to. GTS has more of that jump on and do stuff feel. You're going to be fairly successful right off the bat in GTS.
PC2 has a lot more factors at play. Dynamic tracks being one. There are track grooves, surface condition and most important, track temperatures.
The cars actually have a tire model with pressure adjusting performance and temps, all effecting flex and contact patch. Brake temps. Engine temps. The list goes on and these are all going to play a factor in lap times.
To be short though, practice and start low, build up. It gets better when you understand how the game wants you to play/drive it. Different physics model than GTS. What you did in GTS sometimes won't transfer to PC2 and vice-versa.

One I used. Same confusing as in game descriptions, but much more detailed.

On sale where... ??!

I have been eyeing that for a while....
Holding out for PC3 but if PC2 deluxe on sale for 50%, I am willing to get it

PC2 is a must have in my opinion. Too many good things. Even if you just used it for, say, rallycross, it's worth it and it offers a lot more than that (obviously).
Don't listen to people who put PC2 down. They usually fall into two categories:
-They bought the game early and had to go through all the bugs and frustration.
-They don't know how to tune, use controllers and not wheels, just want to turn something on and go (arcade style)

I haven't turned on GTS in months. Whenever that last update was I turned it on just to look at the new cars. Drove one for a bit and was like, yep, same ol, same ol. When you have PC2, AC, ACC, rF2, it's hard to justify spending that much time in GTS. It just doesn't offer the same experience as the others.

PSN Store. I’m in USA. If you don’t see it there then maybe only American region. Ends May 1. Its 14$ usd.

Dang !!! Thank you! I am glad I swing by this forum/thread last night before going to bed...

It is true, I see it on PSN and is instantly in my cart.

EMEA as well, £14.99 in the UK. I'm also coming from GTS, I figured PC2 deluxe at this price it's a steal, even if I don't end up playing it too much, we'll see :D

I have been expecting this exact same price for months now... Finally getting it! Even if it suck big time, I won't cry for $14.

PC2 is a must have in my opinion. Too many good things. Even if you just used it for, say, rallycross, it's worth it and it offers a lot more than that (obviously).
Don't listen to people who put PC2 down. They usually fall into two categories:
-They bought the game early and had to go through all the bugs and frustration.
-They don't know how to tune, use controllers and not wheels, just want to turn something on and go (arcade style)

I haven't turned on GTS in months. Whenever that last update was I turned it on just to look at the new cars. Drove one for a bit and was like, yep, same ol, same ol. When you have PC2, AC, ACC, rF2, it's hard to justify spending that much time in GTS. It just doesn't offer the same experience as the others.

Cancel all my appointments and plans today, I am getting this sucker and will play it right away...

Dang !!! Thank you! I am glad I swing by this forum/thread last night before going to bed...

I have been expecting this exact same price for months now... Finally getting it! Even if it suck big time, I won't cry for $14.

Cancel all my appointments and plans today, I am getting this sucker and will play it right away...

I've found the more time you invest in it the better it gets. Try not to be overwhelmed with all the options, just adjust a bit at a time, watch some of the 'yorkie' videos on YouTube as well, they helped me a lot, have fun :)

Because it's on offer and because it's so good I'm actually thinking of buying it again. :P

Actually I have it on disc and I might get the digital version to give my blue ray player a rest. For £10 it's a good deal. The season pass will hopefully transfer over.

To be honest I have the disc and Digital Deluxe edition bought 25% off full price back then. Didn't regret it.

I only regret selling Shift Unleashed, damn, had a disk!

Yep. Some friends wanted me to buy this for so long. I was hesitant of stepping out the GT bubble. Since I heard about ACC coming, I wanna try it. Then I say this game on sale for 14$. I was lime yeah let me grab this right now lol.

Im on record as saying that, for me, this game would have been a bargain at 100 dollars.

No way a racing sim on an old console should be this DEEP. But, it is

For those like me who are venturing out, who or are considering to venture out of Gran Turismo into Project Cars series, i want to share some of my early POV on this PC2 that i have recently acquired.

I am still at the early stage of discovery and am sharing some of my notes so that others just like me can make an informed decision.

My post, which you can find here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-to-pc2.392690/page-2#post-13082340
is really not meant for people who are already seasoned with PC2, but you are more than welcome to provide feedback, corrections, suggestions, advises, critics, guidance and what not...

Have recently tried the time trial lap option and have run into a major problem.

When done with the session the following appears.

"Failed to save the Ghost data, the total save data size used by the application has exceeded the maximum allowed size of 1GB. Do you want to retry the save"

Then it has the Yes and No options.
However the yes option is highlighted and it will not allow me to select the No option.

At this point the game is completely frozen and must be restarted.

Does anyone have any comments or seen this issue before?

Have recently tried the time trial lap option and have run into a major problem.

When done with the session the following appears.

"Failed to save the Ghost data, the total save data size used by the application has exceeded the maximum allowed size of 1GB. Do you want to retry the save"

Then it has the Yes and No options.
However the yes option is highlighted and it will not allow me to select the No option.

At this point the game is completely frozen and must be restarted.

Does anyone have any comments or seen this issue before?

I've heard that the consoles have save file size limits which have caused problems but don't remember hearing of it getting stuck like that. Ghost lap replays should be very small, but you can try deleting some pictures or replays if you have a lot of them to see if that is the issue.

I've heard that the consoles have save file size limits which have caused problems but don't remember hearing of it getting stuck like that. Ghost lap replays should be very small, but you can try deleting some pictures or replays if you have a lot of them to see if that is the issue.

Thanks for quick reply. For PC2 only have like maybe 4 game replay saves and perhaps 6 or so photos. Anyways when restarted the game it did save my lap time so just a big annoyance.
Will try and delete the game saves and photos and see if that makes a difference. In general do not have that much space left on Playstation 4 so might see if can delete a few other things.

Thanks for quick reply. For PC2 only have like maybe 4 game replay saves and perhaps 6 or so photos. Anyways when restarted the game it did save my lap time so just a big annoyance.
Will try and delete the game saves and photos and see if that makes a difference. In general do not have that much space left on Playstation 4 so might see if can delete a few other things.

That doesn't seem like it could possibly fill a gig, so there may be some sort of other problem. Hopefully somebody else knows more about it because I sure don't.

Right, the replays(on PC here so consoles may differ) are a bit bigger than I'd have thought... I'm pretty sure I have the right folder(.med files) and I have 20 which total 4.6 GB, the longest being almost 1.5 which is iirc a bit under 2 hours. I'd have much bigger ones but it doesn't let me save my long races - doesn't tell me no, it just restarts the race with no prompting instead of even playing the replay which is nice.

Pictures I have 8(the ones I deleted are still there, just not in the game) for 10 MB, and 8 of that is from a bmp screenshot of my main menu I must have taken with Steam. Lap times are 56 MB interestingly, setups are half an MB and my 240 ghosts are almost half a GB. I hope the consoles have a better way of managing some of that as you could easily fill a gig with just ghost laps, and it doesn't even save ghosts for everything. There are no Ring ghosts for example, I think it may be a time limit as there are no 300SL ghosts at Spa Classic but there are for other cars. The ghosts are exactly 2 MB each which is a bit strange, might also suggest that time limit.

Bottom line, replays are a space killer.

Back