Coming from GT Sport, having trouble enjoying PC2

• Thread starter OneGunner
  • 321 comments
They don't!

They are!

:)
Deleted my replays and photo's and that may have solved my issues. Only spent time on trial laps this evening to record just a few clean laps in one sessions. Did not freeze up the game today, but actually did not bring up the message either from yesterday (guess because it now had enough space)

Think that I will try and go back to square one on some things at the moment over the weekend. My #1 issue now when racing or running laps is on many cars on medium to tight corners the front end looses grip. Then straight off the track into a spin. This is even when majority of braking is done before the turn and after a few laps so tires should be warmed up. This occurs mainly on right hand turns, but will occur ocassionally on a few left hand turns. I am sure that some tuning adjustments will help minimize those effects.
PC1 seems considerably easier then PC2 generally speaking - just jump in the car and go without feeling the need for very many adjustments. Will get this figured out however.

Just had one of my best races on PC2 in M1 Pocar on Redbull Ring.

Switched to stable set-up. I think Sick Cylinder mentioned this somewhere. Not sure why I had not tried stable in the past. Also not sure why the game would not have stable as the default set-up. Seems to be significant difference between the two set-ups as I suppose it should be.

Got my settings pretty decent at the moment, force feed back, FOV, system brake pressure in relationship to T-150 pedals. Been try a wide variety of vehicles on Lemans Bugetti (excuse me on spelling) circuit. Most cars feel good now racing around the track. Wheel feels good, can feel the tire grip levels being pushed thru the wheel vibration, same with break lock up or near lock up.
Long ways to go to start getting good. Can definely say can really start to enjoy the game and not fight or fiddle with the settings so much. On a few cars loose settings appears to be slightly better.

Wished would of went PC Sim route before buying PS4. With that said though once you have things dialed in it just feels right. Considerabbly better then GTS. Just recommend to anyone making the transition to start off slow. Learn a few cars and tracks at a time. It will take time - weeks - months.
There will be lots of frustration, but when it starts to click it is nice. Enjoy the game as you see fit and thankful the game gives you the tools to do just that.

Last edited:
What I really start missing from GT Sport, are constant Nürburgring lobbies with a lot of regulars. No one even have an idea to host daily winter Nürburgring races, only to appreciate the view!:).

Seeing as it's on all platforms, the users get split up a bit. Start them Nurbs lobbies and get the people riled up!
t2802.gif

General question - do you have to load a ghost replay in time trial in order for the game to record your lap time in this mode?
It appears that you do, but I am not sure. Also is there any way to sort the record times by car class?

I sometimes use the chase cam in certain games, but this is one game where I can't get very comfortable with it. Can't help you there, sorry.

For playing with a controller, these are my settings:
Code:
Steering Sensitivity:   10
Throttle Sensitivity:   45
Brake Sensitivity:      45

Speed Sensitivity:      75
Controller Damping:     85

Driving Assists Menu
Opposite Lock:          ON
The two most important things are the opposite lock "assist" (which is not the crutch you might expect it to be), and the speed sensitivity of 75, which is the ideal setting for recovering oversteer, giving you just the right amount of countersteer almost every time, in almost every car. I narrowed that down after a bunch of testing.

The speed sensitivity setting can make the car relatively sensitive, which calls for a gentler input style than many racing games -- but not uncomfortably so (unlike PCARS1). I have tuned the steering sensitivity and controller damping to compensate for that sensitivity; those can be adjusted freely. Also, don't get too discouraged trying to make one particular car work out for you, because there are unfortunately a few bad apples in the bunch -- but only small handful in my experience, now that the game is patched up. :)

Hi all, So Im coming from GTSport to PC2 and I was wondering if these settings would give a similar feel to what GTS is like, if not does anyone have anything related to the controller as well as Chase cam settings to make the transition a bit easier for me

General question - do you have to load a ghost replay in time trial in order for the game to record your lap time in this mode?
Sometimes your times don't update immediately so it looks like it hasn't registered. Check back later. I don't think you need to have a ghost running.

Also is there any way to sort the record times by car class?
Unfortunately and rather stupidly, no. You can on PC though!

Hi @AlexWilmot, welcome to PC2. As a wheel user I don't really have any chase and controller settings but I'm sure there will be someone here who'll help you out. Don't expect it to be too similar to GT though, take time to learn and adjust to the game. 👍

Hi all, So Im coming from GTSport to PC2 and I was wondering if these settings would give a similar feel to what GTS is like, if not does anyone have anything related to the controller as well as Chase cam settings to make the transition a bit easier for me

There are several threads and or YouTube videos about best controller settings and field of view settings. Spend some time to search this forum and watch the videos. I think that you can get close or at least confortable. Start with lower horse power cars and or cars that are easier to drive in general. The Ford GT GTLE is one of the easier fast cars to drive. Project cars requires a different driving style compared to GTS. I would say that in puts need to be more smooth and done in a controlled manner. Technique matters a great deal in project cars. Throttle down and late on the breaks will not cut it in project cars.

Set the A.I difficulty to be manageable - which could be below 40% for someone that is just starting out.

Take it one day at a time. Precede slowly with making changes to settings etc. It would be a good idea to write down what settings you like or do not like. When feeling frustrated take a break/play something else or read more about how to optimize the settings.

Highly recommend a wheel for Projecf Cars. A basic wheel like a T-150 which is what I use is adequate for the game. It provides enough force feed back etc.

Remember that usually on first few laps tires will be cold, brakes not warmed up etc.

Good luck....keep at it.....stay with it....the game is worth it.

There are several threads and or YouTube videos about best controller settings and field of view settings. Spend some time to search this forum and watch the videos. I think that you can get close or at least confortable. Start with lower horse power cars and or cars that are easier to drive in general. The Ford GT GTLE is one of the easier fast cars to drive. Project cars requires a different driving style compared to GTS. I would say that in puts need to be more smooth and done in a controlled manner. Technique matters a great deal in project cars. Throttle down and late on the breaks will not cut it in project cars.

Set the A.I difficulty to be manageable - which could be below 40% for someone that is just starting out.

Take it one day at a time. Precede slowly with making changes to settings etc. It would be a good idea to write down what settings you like or do not like. When feeling frustrated take a break/play something else or read more about how to optimize the settings.

Highly recommend a wheel for Projecf Cars. A basic wheel like a T-150 which is what I use is adequate for the game. It provides enough force feed back etc.

Remember that usually on first few laps tires will be cold, brakes not warmed up etc.

Good luck....keep at it.....stay with it....the game is worth it.

Cheers, yeah I'm only driving the Ginetta junior around Oulton short to get a feel for this game, so far after "15" laps with constant adjustments I think the input settings are roughly good for me, some tweaking still to be had, but this chase camera is slightly annoying! but i'll stick with it and play around settings wise

Can't say much about chase cam as I use interior view, however can't really say much controller settings either because one man's joy can be another man's pain.

But, I'll explain a bit so hopefully you can find your feet.

Deadzone = pretty self explanatory, only set it above 0 if you're experiencing drift stick.

Sensitivity = 50 is a 1:1 direct setting (whether it be throttle, brake, clutch or steering) if you move the control stick or press the trigger 25% then you'll turn the wheel or accelerate at 25%.

Controller damping = slows down the steering input speed & makes your input feel heavy/sluggish making it harder to turn your car left/right quickly.

Speed sensitivity = reduces the turning ability/sensitivity at high speed, which in turn can make you more stable/less likely to overturn/steer the car.

As a suggestion start with the above 2x settings at 90, if you feel that turning ability is to sluggish then drop the damper down in increments of 5 till you're happy then fine tune to your liking.

If you find you can't get around a corner as fast/or faster than your opposition AI/Human then reduce the speed sensitivity in increments of 5 till your happy then fine tune to your liking.

Please bare in mind that if you set these 2x settings to high you may lose the ability to correct oversteer or catch slides.

These are my personal controller settings.
You won't necessarily like these.

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 75
Controller damping 0
Controller vibration 75
Minimum shift time 0

To expand on steering sensitivity (and throttle/brake/clutch)...

The "sensitivity" on these inputs is really the linearity of the input axis. Settings below and above 50 create a curve. From 0-50, the input is flattened below 50% and hiked above 50%, making the input less sensitive closer to rest but more sensitive when closer to 100%. From 50-100, the input is hiked below 50% and flattened above 50%, making the input more sensitive closer to rest but less sensitive when closer to 100%.

So it's not a simple "lower = less sensitive" slider as it may appear to be.

I personally make use of a low Steering Sensitivity setting (10) to compensate for the extra sensitivity of the Speed Sensitivity setting (75) around center, which is calibrated to facilitate countersteer. Controller Damping (85) is set as high as it will go without becoming an obstacle to my driving, to help dampen small adjustments.

Today - made my first serious attempt at online racing in PC2. Did a couple of sessions at Sportsland with TC cars. Last session that I participated in belive was at least 10 players involved. Qualified 4th and finished in I think 2nd. Was an overall good experience. Pretty clean races. I belive field was pretty spread out though. Top 4 or 5 cars myself include a good distance ahead of the rest of the field.

Will try online more often.

Today - made my first serious attempt at online racing in PC2. Did a couple of sessions at Sportsland with TC cars. Last session that I participated in belive was at least 10 players involved. Qualified 4th and finished in I think 2nd. Was an overall good experience. Pretty clean races. I belive field was pretty spread out though. Top 4 or 5 cars myself include a good distance ahead of the rest of the field.

Will try online more often.
A+ online experience is a rare gem in any game. Sounds like you had fun and sounds like you're really good.

A+ online experience is a rare gem in any game. Sounds like you had fun and sounds like you're really good.

I do not know about really good lol, let's just say slowly getting decent to bang out a few laps. Without the race team manager having to buy me a new ride for each race weekend.
900 + race starts and less then 25% finished, only 11 online races started. Except maybe 700 of those starts did not know what the hell I was doing. Then perhaps 100 plus was involved A.I. carnage on the first lap. Maybe another 100 getting K.O. by A.I. as I blindly try to get back on the track after a spin or just run-off.
One thing for sure you want to try and avoid going off the track at all cost or if do better keep the pedal to the metal, do not touch the brakes and certainly not turn the wheel. A spin on any decent A.I. difficulty with only 10 laps or so pretty much = race over (just like real life).

Really enjoying PC2 more then ever. Took a few months off, while trying AMS2 and others. Have came back to PC2 and graphics maxed out looks great. Have got my settings for wheel and pedals dialed in. Starting to make settings adjustments on vehicles especially with regards to braking and just general overall easier handling. I think getting the brake settings for how you drive, in relationship to your wheel/pedals and in game for each car dialed in is a big part of the battle to master the cars. I think most vehicles are set up with to much brake in the front. Also to much brake force, 80 percent works much better for me. Brake pedal sensitivity of less like 50 percent like 40 or less.

Really enjoyable now in many cars and using circuits that have not spent that much time on.

So worth it to put in the time to really be able to enjoy PC2. The sounds, driving views and many other things in GTS are so dull compared to PC2. Not to mention A.I. is pretty good or maybe even great compared to off line A.I. in GTS. It is rewarding and challenging as I said before of running lap after lap and just planning your passes to maybe only pass one or two cars per lap at most. While doing that knowing that a poorly planned pass can take you out of the race or certainly put you way behind with not much chance to catch up.

Last edited:
Opposite Situation here :lol: Like 2Weeks ago, out of curiosity and being sick of playing GTS for almost 4 years:dunce:, I decided to burn some Money on PS Store and was looking for a Racing Game.
I stumbled over Project Cars 2, and immediately i remembered the times of playing Project Cars 1 back in 2015.
I thought ok 15€ for the Digital Deluxe Edition…sounds good…grab that.
Best decision I made. Unbelievable what I have missed over the years.
I have no words. Best racing game on Console. Period.

Opposite Situation here :lol: Like 2Weeks ago, out of curiosity and being sick of playing GTS for almost 4 years:dunce:, I decided to burn some Money on PS Store and was looking for a Racing Game.
I stumbled over Project Cars 2, and immediately i remembered the times of playing Project Cars 1 back in 2015.
I thought ok 15€ for the Digital Deluxe Edition…sounds good…grab that.
Best decision I made. Unbelievable what I have missed over the years.
I have no words. Best racing game on Console. Period.
It definitely is the best overall racing game on console for sure.
It has weaknesses, and while AC has better physics/FFB, and GTS has better graphics, PC2 is the most complete sim with content, multiplayer, weather, day and night. etc... FULL of features really 👌

It definitely is the best overall racing game on console for sure.
It has weaknesses, and while AC has better physics/FFB, and GTS has better graphics, PC2 is the most complete sim with content, multiplayer, weather, day and night. etc... FULL of features really 👌
The biggest downside though is the fact, that the player base is very small compared to GTS. Big bummer.
To be honest it’s something me personally can’t comprehend.
The Graphics are solid if not even better than GTS. I play on PS5 and it looks amazing. Much more realistic and detailed.
The Sounds are better too, I mainly play with headphones but on my Surround Setup it sounds incredible.
The driving Physics are a bit better too.
The feel of the Cars is miles ahead due to the road surface details.
It’s so much more immersive.
The Penalty System, Driver Points System are much better.
The amount of real World Tracks…etc.
Overall like you said, it’s definitely the more complete/complex Game compared to GTS, yet it is not as popular which like I said I don’t know why.

yet it is not as popular which like I said I don’t know why.
From GT1 onwards GT has built up a large following over the years, so that's very difficult to break into. PC2 is also not, as such, a console game, it's a PC game that's ported over, so hasn't got all the niceties that a console only game like GT has - fancy graphics, music and interface etc. It's driving and track surface physics, while superior, can also be difficult to adjust to for someone coming from GTS, so they often give up after only a short try. But the main thing I'd say is that out of the box it's controller implementation (combined with the different physics) isn't as great - and the vast majority of console players use a controller!

With PC3, to maybe try and take a slice of the GT and Forza market, they actually tried to solve many of these issues. And to my mind it hit many of the targets for that genre. But its fallen a bit flat because GT and Forza exist and do these things already, so players don't want to change. And neither did many of the PC1 & 2 players! Which is a shame because (despite its bugs) for single player driving and racing enjoyment I personally think it's damn good.

PC2 is an older game and it is very different from GTS and I think others have said it before. It doesn't handle like GTS. I didn't play GT Sport but I am a Grant Turismo player but once I got the controller settings right this has been fun. Last night I on LeMans and doing some hotlapping and I set it to rain and change into snow. I had soo much fun doing that. Also I think the fact on consoles you can't use mods or create liveries will keep some people from playing as well. I don't normally race online anyway so it is not a big deal to me.

From GT1 onwards GT has built up a large following over the years, so that's very difficult to break into. PC2 is also not, as such, a console game, it's a PC game that's ported over, so hasn't got all the niceties that a console only game like GT has - fancy graphics, music and interface etc. It's driving and track surface physics, while superior, can also be difficult to adjust to for someone coming from GTS, so they often give up after only a short try. But the main thing I'd say is that out of the box it's controller implementation (combined with the different physics) isn't as great - and the vast majority of console players use a controller!

With PC3, to maybe try and take a slice of the GT and Forza market, they actually tried to solve many of these issues. And to my mind it hit many of the targets for that genre. But its fallen a bit flat because GT and Forza exist and do these things already, so players don't want to change. And neither did many of the PC1 & 2 players! Which is a shame because (despite its bugs) for single player driving and racing enjoyment I personally think it's damn good.
Many things you said might be true.
GT has indeed the advantage of having built up a huge Community over the past 20years.
One other thing you mentioned is the fact that most people play on Controller which is also a big advantage in GTS.
So actually if i take alone these things into account it might be the answer.
But anyway, I’m still enjoying PC2 even with the small player base.
I only play with fixed setups and real world driving aids for the Cars and did notice that most of the lobbies I see are mainly setups allowed.
This might be a reason why almost no one enters my lobbies.
For example today, I was on since 10am, had to wait until 14:30pm until finally some poor Soul decided to join…only to leave after he spun on the first lap…
Well :dunce:

PC2 is fairly reliant on setups. Tire pressure in particular. Most of the time the pressures are off depending on track and weather and there for the cars won't feel right. Not to mention over tightened diffs by default (in a lot of cases). Loosening the diff and getting pressures right can transfer the car from a bad to good driving experience. One of the things that keeps gran turismo players from "getting" Project Cars 2. Also keeps people from joining default setup lobbies.

PC2 is fairly reliant on setups. Tire pressure in particular. Most of the time the pressures are off depending on track and weather and there for the cars won't feel right. Not to mention over tightened diffs by default (in a lot of cases). Loosening the diff and getting pressures right can transfer the car from a bad to good driving experience. One of the things that keeps gran turismo players from "getting" Project Cars 2. Also keeps people from joining default setup lobbies.
Well, the main reason why I don’t use setups in my lobbies is because I want people to race under the same pre conditions.
I like the fact that we race with the same setups so I don’t have to scratch my head why someone is seconds faster. Is it because he is the more skilled player or is it just because he uses a setup which is giving him an advantage.
I like the fact that we all fight with equal weapons.
And to be honest I haven’t come across a Car yet, which felt undrivable to me.
I did notice though that under Cold conditions, more throttle finesse is required, something I personally like.
I don’t enjoy Cars which drive like on rails.
But I get what you are trying to say.

Most folks aren't like that. I have seen a few YouTubers complain about different cars being undrivable. Also think that since you have to configure the controller settings to drive like want that is a deterrent as well.

If there is another true Project Cars or something very similar. I would hope the game developers would making tunning a lot more natural. Some things like having fuel load fixed to match number of laps give or take say 5%...not counting the other settings that you might change that impacts this. The ability to have same tires all the time if you want. Maybe same brake bias settings all the time. Or just be able to adjust settings for that event only and not have to save the settings. In general the default settings should of probably been better for most cars.

Maybe in game tutorial videos on how to really use all the settings.

Overall the game is good, but there is always ways to make things better.

Not on same topic, but also in future game when running your own offline race series or even online. I would like the ability to essentially declassify Cars, meaning use cars from different race classes and put in same race but not as different classes. Since several car classes are somewhat evenly matched or probably could be more evenly matched with settings adjustements. Just for added fun.

Last edited:
Overall like you said, it’s definitely the more complete/complex Game compared to GTS, yet it is not as popular which like I said I don’t know why.
I think simply because GTS is easier to drive and get into, more arcadey, less complicated and more controller friendly.
Let's not forget that most console users are middle or early teens.
More mature simracers do tend to prefer AC or PC2, but might still even steer towards GTS just because of its ease of use, big audience and playerbase etc...

I think not enough credit has been given to GTS's content relative to PCARS2 in this conversation. GTS offers many more fan favorite cars than PCARS2 with its motorsports bias and limited licensing. PCARS2 can scarcely be beaten when it comes to circuits, but its car list leaves a lot to be desired -- in spite of appreciation for its simulation credentials. That's my relation to the game; a superb sim I haven't played in a long time because the car list got old.

PCARS2 is also not very pick-up-and-play even if you are fully aware of the importance of tire temperature, etc. The game does virtually nothing to assist in preventing the player from being bitten by tires being too cold or too warm, for example. You have to be committed to have a good experience; inattention leads to wasted sessions.

Latest Posts

Back