Coming from GT Sport, having trouble enjoying PC2

• Thread starter OneGunner
  • 321 comments
I have no problem with it.
I got it yesterday and did a few custom races.
If GTSport is more track oriented, PC2 is both, track and car oriented.
Tried Brands Hatch and I could feel more the uneveness and elevations from the track.
Also I could feel a world of difference between a Ford Capri and the Toyota 86.
Brands Hatch is the perfect track to illustrate the difference between the two, it just feels so smooth and lacking in camber in GTS, resulting in it being quite dull.

In PC2 (and AC) corners like Paddock Hill and Sheene Curves once again become challenging.

Brands Hatch is the perfect track to illustrate the difference between the two, it just feels so smooth and lacking in camber in GTS, resulting in it being quite dull.

In PC2 (and AC) corners like Paddock Hill and Sheene Curves once again become challenging.
lol I kinda had a feeling about it since you people said PC2 had laser scanned tracks and I knew Brands Hatch had to have a different feeling.
For some reason though, turn 1 is harder to anticipate and turn in GTS than PC2.
It's like part of the inside is too smooth and the outside is rough, so if I try to turn with too much speed, I'll go off track.

I’m finding this game difficult to enjoy, content is awesome but the FFB on my TGT feels awful, some cars are okay and I think I cracked it with the settings and then try something else it feels terrible again. Low speed is ridiculously light and high speed tiny movements in wheel result in it jerking across track.

I’ve tried AC and it feels fantastic and have no issues but pc2 doesn’t feel right at all.

I use a TGT on PS4 pro and cockpit view, anyone got any tips to help, the feel of the cars aren’t enjoyable?

I have no problem with it.
I got it yesterday and did a few custom races.
If GTSport is more track oriented, PC2 is both, track and car oriented.
Tried Brands Hatch and I could feel more the uneveness and elevations from the track.
Also I could feel a world of difference between a Ford Capri and the Toyota 86.

I'm sorry, did you say that GTS was track oriented? lol
Where are they?

I’m finding this game difficult to enjoy, content is awesome but the FFB on my TGT feels awful, some cars are okay and I think I cracked it with the settings and then try something else it feels terrible again. Low speed is ridiculously light and high speed tiny movements in wheel result in it jerking across track.

I’ve tried AC and it feels fantastic and have no issues but pc2 doesn’t feel right at all.

I use a TGT on PS4 pro and cockpit view, anyone got any tips to help, the feel of the cars aren’t enjoyable?
It sounds like you need to fiddle around with your steering settings, not so much your FFB.. yet.

Yes, AC's steering/FFB settings are much more race ready out of the box opposed to pCARS 2, but with some patience, you will get pCARS 2 to feel just as good as AC.. It just takes a little bit more time with pCARS 2 since it's settings are more in depth.

This is why pCARS gets a bad reputation, as people give up early on, at this point.. I'm not saying that you're giving up, just giving an opinion in general. ;)

I use the G-29 settings but, I'm sure I can still help you out.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your Options > Contols > Steering Sensitivity is set too high. I have that set at 0 and tend to make those adjustments if necessary from another angle and that's within a car's settings.

Send over your Controls Settings and we can take it from there, but please don't stop trying. Once you get it right, there's no other Sim that feels like pCARS 2, especially when on the limit :).

@rj5992 might be able to help you - he doesn't have the same wheel, but has formulated a way of making adjustments which minimise the changes required to get a good feel from the cars.

It sounds like you need to fiddle around with your steering settings, not so much your FFB.. yet.

Yes, AC's steering/FFB settings are much more race ready out of the box opposed to pCARS 2, but with some patience, you will get pCARS 2 to feel just as good as AC.. It just takes a little bit more time with pCARS 2 since it's settings are more in depth.

This is why pCARS gets a bad reputation, as people give up early on, at this point.. I'm not saying that you're giving up, just giving an opinion in general. ;)

I use the G-29 settings but, I'm sure I can still help you out.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your Options > Contols > Steering Sensitivity is set too high. I have that set at 0 and tend to make those adjustments if necessary from another angle and that's within a car's settings.

Send over your Controls Settings and we can take it from there, but please don't stop trying. Once you get it right, there's no other Sim that feels like pCARS 2, especially when on the limit :).
I think you need some time to get used to PC2.
It's not as streamlined and easy to get into as GTSport.
Like you really need some time to get used to the less aided steering and throttle input system that Gran Turismo has spoiled you for so long.
Brake fading is also present in PC2 and that's why I was also interested in the game and you do feel it as your brakes get less precise every lap.
However, my main problem with PC2 has been karting so far.
Like it feels really twitchy.

I run a T300, give these a go as a starting point.

Raw 100/30/50/30

These suit me well and is remarkable close to AC with a lot of cars

Since I've joined a league on PC2 and really started delving into this game, I have found that I can't run the exact same settings (wheel settings) for every single car. For example, I can run the same settings for say a GTE, GT3 and even the LMP cars, but if I run a vintage Porsche 917 at the vintage LeMans track I need to adjust the FFB settings a bit. Don't take my word (or anyone else's for that matter) for it, try making some adjustments in this screen.

attachment.php

I generally run Immersive or Raw and adjust Gain / Vol / Tone accordingly. Read the help text under each to understand cause and effect. And I am by no means seasoned at this - I have just found that making a few adjustments depending on the car can have a large and satisfying impact on car feel and control.
Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help

I don’t want to give up on it, I’ve played GTS a lot and appreciate this is far more sim which is what I actually want. But so is AC and I don’t have an issue with that at all, yes it takes me a few laps to adjust to the handling after GTS but once I’m dialled in I find it absolute bliss.

I’m not necessarily struggling to find pace on PC2, just on the AC I easily find the limits and enjoy pushing them and just want to drive on it for driving sake. On this I can’t get that feel, it’s really difficult to explain, it never feels smooth and I find it really almost over exaggerates the braking/fading/locking.

All this could be just me not adjusting to it!

Just to clarify for @Venster, I personally would not advise a steering sensitivity setting of anything other than 50 for a wheel, because that setting adjusts the linearity of the wheel's X-axis input. At a setting of 0, the steering will be less sensitive near the center, but more sensitive when you approach full lock.

At 50, the steering is linear and will respond evenly from lock to lock.

Just to clarify for @Venster, I personally would not advise a steering sensitivity setting of anything other than 50 for a wheel, because that setting adjusts the linearity of the wheel's X-axis input. At a setting of 0, the steering will be less sensitive near the center, but more sensitive when you approach full lock.

At 50, the steering is linear and will respond evenly from lock to lock.

^^^
@Wolfe - What he said. With that, I have found that I like ~30-35 sensitivity, generally, for feel. In this, the more you turn the wheel, the more you get the "feel". Which to me is how a real car works. The more you turn the wheel the more you feel the resistance. Just pick a car, track, and go. Try adjusting things, singularly, after about 5 laps. Make a single change, make another 5 laps and see what it does. After about an hour or so you will have an idea - or direction if you will - of what you are looking for.

@rj5992 might be able to help you - he doesn't have the same wheel, but has formulated a way of making adjustments which minimise the changes required to get a good feel from the cars.

Thanks for the tag @Sick Cylinder .

As Sick said, I have a different wheel to you so my exact settings may not be to your liking but the process may help.

Because I'm on a G27, I'm always looking for as much weight as I can get out of the wheel before it starts clipping. My base FFB settings are Raw 99/~60/25/30. Because there isn't an auto adjustment on the Raw setting you have to manually do that yourself by altering the volume. Some cars can be as low as 50 for me, others as high as 75. I'm aiming for the FFB to not be clipping (red bar on the telemetry HUD), or at least clipping only very slightly on a particular corner (think Radillon at Spa and the exit of the corkscrew at Laguna - it's usually high suspension loads that create the greatest FFB signal).

It works best if you bind volume + and - keys to your wheel or a USB keyboard.

Once you have the volume correct for your chosen car, you can then change tone and FX to suit your personal taste. Once you've adjusted those you shouldn't really need to change them again between cars, it's only the volume that I adjust.

After a while it becomes second nature to adjust the volume once you've come out of the first few corners and seen how the FFB graph has responded.

^^^
@Wolfe - What he said. With that, I have found that I like ~30-35 sensitivity, generally, for feel. In this, the more you turn the wheel, the more you get the "feel". Which to me is how a real car works. The more you turn the wheel the more you feel the resistance. Just pick a car, track, and go. Try adjusting things, singularly, after about 5 laps. Make a single change, make another 5 laps and see what it does. After about an hour or so you will have an idea - or direction if you will - of what you are looking for.
I totally understand and agree with you mate. However, I brought that up to him because of what he specifically wrote here below.

Low speed is ridiculously light and high speed tiny movements in wheel result in it jerking across track.

Looking back on it now, from the way you explained it I should have told him to maybe increase that setting as then he should feel more resistance in the middle..

Anyway, it's all a moot point until the OP @Venster sends us his information.

Edit: Also, I could be wrong but, I don't think his specific issues are FFB related at this point. I still think his Steering Settings need adjusting.

Thanks for the help

I don’t want to give up on it, I’ve played GTS a lot and appreciate this is far more sim which is what I actually want. But so is AC and I don’t have an issue with that at all, yes it takes me a few laps to adjust to the handling after GTS but once I’m dialled in I find it absolute bliss.

I’m not necessarily struggling to find pace on PC2, just on the AC I easily find the limits and enjoy pushing them and just want to drive on it for driving sake. On this I can’t get that feel, it’s really difficult to explain, it never feels smooth and I find it really almost over exaggerates the braking/fading/locking.

All this could be just me not adjusting to it!

I don’t think you should give up on it if you enjoy its sort of experience. I primarily play gt sport and purchased pc2 because of comments here.
The problem for me is the enormous amount of time required to get things setup in pc2. I also agree with you regarding grip and the cars balance (talking gt cars only) I could never get the info I wanted out of the ffb about grip.
That said others say the good stuff is in the game and I’m not saying they are wrong. For myself AC is a far better single player on console just for ease of use. Meaning you don’t have to adjust a mountain of settings for each car and track to get the driving experience desired.
Sadly I had to choose a game to delete off my console and pc2 was it. I may try again at some point but for now it’s sport AC DR 1 and DR 2 for me.
SMS just asks too much work from me.
For me a big reason I use console is plug and play.
For road racing single player I chose to keep ac because good physics great ffb and good ai. Plus no bugs. I had trouble even getting desired content to load in pc2 which furthered the frustration aspect of it. I feel your pain, but all these folks can’t be wrong about the experiences that can be had from pc2. If you are willing to invest the time maybe you can find them also.

I don’t think you should give up on it if you enjoy its sort of experience. I primarily play gt sport and purchased pc2 because of comments here.
The problem for me is the enormous amount of time required to get things setup in pc2. I also agree with you regarding grip and the cars balance (talking gt cars only) I could never get the info I wanted out of the ffb about grip.
That said others say the good stuff is in the game and I’m not saying they are wrong. For myself AC is a far better single player on console just for ease of use. Meaning you don’t have to adjust a mountain of settings for each car and track to get the driving experience desired.
Sadly I had to choose a game to delete off my console and pc2 was it. I may try again at some point but for now it’s sport AC DR 1 and DR 2 for me.
SMS just asks too much work from me.
For me a big reason I use console is plug and play.
For road racing single player I chose to keep ac because good physics great ffb and good ai. Plus no bugs. I had trouble even getting desired content to load in pc2 which furthered the frustration aspect of it. I feel your pain, but all these folks can’t be wrong about the experiences that can be had from pc2. If you are willing to invest the time maybe you can find them also.

Yeah I agree, it is a good thing that they give you so many options to tweak and refine to your personal taste but in some respect, especially for some one new to this like myself, there’s just too many. It didn’t take me long in AC to get it how I want and only a few settings and doesn’t lose anything for it.

I occasionally tweak the strength in AC but rarely, but the content in PC2 is potentially worth the effort but I can see why some drop it, I won’t have the time to constantly tweak stuff I just want to jump in and enjoy it! But I’m willing to give it sometime before I get to that stage.

The other difficulty in sims is car setup, why can’t developers give you a decent base setup. It’s so difficult to work out sometimes is it my driving, the FFB or is it the setup. Again someone new to it, it can be such a steep learning curve. It can pretty difficult to learn the way the physics are, tune your FFB and setup your car.

Last edited:
The other difficulty in sims is car setup, why can’t developers give you a decent base setup. It’s so difficult to work out sometimes is it my driving, the FFB or is it the setup. Again someone new to it, it can be such a steep learning curve. It can pretty difficult to learn the way the physics are, tune your FFB and setup your car.

I don't tweak anything in Project Cars - I just race the cars on default (loose) settings and haven't done anything to my wheel settings since the first week with the game. I find it does take me a while to get used to different cars and tracks, but rather than change the settings I just try and adjust myself. However I am much slower in races than an expert like @rj5992

The base setups are mostly pretty good and have improved since launch - I suggest to any new players to put some time in and try to get used to the cars on default settings.

I also have AC and with that game I also prefer just driving the cars and not fiddling with them. When I played GT I used to be able to switch from car to car, seemingly with no adjustment period and also find consistent lap times very easily. With PC2 I find setting consistent lap times very tricky - you have to get better than me with the game and put in a lot of practise.

Raw 100/30/50/30

I tried these tonight and it felt pretty decent actually, only thing I feel lacking is the feeling of slip you get from AC. But generally these were good and felt better. I had to adjust the strength a tad but I think the TGT is a more powerful or personal preference.

I followed everyone else’s advice too, and in general I think it’s pretty close now.

I tried these tonight and it felt pretty decent actually, only thing I feel lacking is the feeling of slip you get from AC. But generally these were good and felt better. I had to adjust the strength a tad but I think the TGT is a more powerful or personal preference.

I followed everyone else’s advice too, and in general I think it’s pretty close now.

If it's front end 'slip' you're looking for then try reducing the tone value. Half it to 25 and see how it feels. The tone basically works like the opposite to brake balance - a lower value means more of the front end feel will come through in the FFB, a higher value means more of the rear end and weight transfer will come through.

I've read a lot of people complaining that they can't feel understeer like they can in AC, but my wheel goes lighter when I understeer and when I'm locking up as well.

Yeah I agree, it is a good thing that they give you so many options to tweak and refine to your personal taste but in some respect, especially for some one new to this like myself, there’s just too many...

...the content in PC2 is potentially worth the effort but I can see why some drop it, I won’t have the time to constantly tweak stuff I just want to jump in and enjoy it! But I’m willing to give it sometime before I get to that stage.
Everything I've read about the FFB in PCARS2 turns me off from investing in a DriveHub to use my G25 with the game. Not to mention the need to work out a way to mount the G25 where the PS4 is located, or the relative lack of cars I'm really interested in driving to make it all worth the effort...

Meanwhile, it didn't take much time for me to settle on control settings for the DS4 that allow me to just jump in and enjoy the game. Without any FFB concerns to muck things up, the experience is as consistent as can be, and there is no worry of any dissonance between the FFB and what my brain expects for feedback from a wheel. Opting for a wheel instead of a controller really is a two-edged sword, IMHO.

It could be the FFB. For the majority of the cars, I get along just fine with one or either of the default setups, playing with the DS4.

Lot's of useful information from everyone but for this problem in particular.
high speed tiny movements in wheel result in it jerking across track.
in the configuration menu, try increasing the speed sensitivity setting from its default of 50. It helps smooth out inputs at speed hopefully making it less twitchy. Works for both wheel and pad.

I usually just turn up the steering ratio in the car's setup a bit as it seems quite a few cars have extremely quick steering. Turning it up seems backwards to what I think I remember from rFactor but that does seem to be the way it works in pCARS 2(at least in the last one I had a problem with) and fits with the description in the setup menu. I haven't looked to see if speed sensitivity is playing a role or even what mine is set at so it could be that as well. But I've noticed that most of the time when a car is excessively "steery" on the the straights I'm also able to get around the slowest hairpins with not much over a quarter-turn of the wheel.

That said, I delayed playing the game for a long time so haven't spent a ton of time exploring what game settings and options really do work best. I'm just nicely getting back into it in the past few weeks.

Everything I've read about the FFB in PCARS2 turns me off from investing in a DriveHub to use my G25 with the game. Not to mention the need to work out a way to mount the G25 where the PS4 is located, or the relative lack of cars I'm really interested in driving to make it all worth the effort...

Meanwhile, it didn't take much time for me to settle on control settings for the DS4 that allow me to just jump in and enjoy the game. Without any FFB concerns to muck things up, the experience is as consistent as can be, and there is no worry of any dissonance between the FFB and what my brain expects for feedback from a wheel. Opting for a wheel instead of a controller really is a two-edged sword, IMHO.

It could be the FFB. For the majority of the cars, I get along just fine with one or either of the default setups, playing with the DS4.
Getting a DRIVEHUB for my G-27 was one of, if not, the best decision I've made in Sim Racing.

My G-27 connected to my PS4-Pro is not the same machinery that was attatched to the PS3 :lol:.. Now it feels like it's plugged into a PC and then some and it runs flawlessly on pCARS 2.

Might be a bit different for your G-25 but I'm sure you'llbe fine with DRIVEHUB playing the Sim.

Last edited:
Getting a DRIVEHUB for my G-27 was one of, if not, the best decision I've made in Sim Racing.

My G-27 connected to my PS4-Pro is not the same machinery that was attatched to the PS3 :lol:.. Now it feels like it's plugged into a PC and then some and it runs flawlessly on pCARS 2.

Might be a bit different for your G-25 but I'm sure you'llbe fine with DRIVEHUB playing the Sim.
I'm convinced the DriveHub is indeed a fine investment for a sim with good FFB out of the box that wouldn't require so much tweaking or acclimation. Like maybe PCARS3. :)

Having already used a wheel for years, I prefer a controller to less-than-stellar or fussy FFB. They're just different ways to play.

Raw 100/30/50/30

I thought you'd gone to one of the adaptive modes, have you gone back to raw?

I use Scaff's starting point as my reset, but often end up with something a little different depending on the car - or track. A very bumpy track can need some tweaking to reduce the road feel otherwise it swamps everything else (which may be realistic, but it's not very helpful, or much fun!). That seems to mean increasing Volume, but then turning Gain down to get roughly the same overall strength, otherwise it starts to feel too stiff. Currently I've got Raw 90/45/50/10 as a balance, but I may have gone as far as 70/60 (or something like that, I don't remember exactly).

I thought you'd gone to one of the adaptive modes, have you gone back to raw?

I use Scaff's starting point as my reset, but often end up with something a little different depending on the car - or track. A very bumpy track can need some tweaking to reduce the road feel otherwise it swamps everything else (which may be realistic, but it's not very helpful, or much fun!). That seems to mean increasing Volume, but then turning Gain down to get roughly the same overall strength, otherwise it starts to feel too stiff. Currently I've got Raw 90/45/50/10 as a balance, but I may have gone as far as 70/60 (or something like that, I don't remember exactly).
Yep, back to Raw, I found the above settings work well for me with pretty much everything and I then use L3 and R3 mapped to volume to tweak.

Keep at it.

Find a few tracks that you really enjoy and car combinations. Then use them until feel a decent.

FOV was one of the main settings that I had to play with to get the game feeling decent. Feeling of speed is important to my racing style.

Most important is adjust the settings to what you are comfortable with. This includes A.I. level.

Have had PC2 for over a year. I agree that due to the vast difference and vast amount of settings it is hard to get uses to and to get things adjusted to your liking. I have 370 race starts, but only 70 or so finishes.

Still playing more GT sport but often wander is it worth. I consider GT sport to that of a stunning women with all the right features on the surface. GT though has never really transcended from the beginning for a true racing aspect.

Yep, back to Raw, I found the above settings work well for me with pretty much everything and I then use L3 and R3 mapped to volume to tweak.

Ta. I stayed on Raw, but then I don't think I've gotten round to trying the 488 challenge yet. Maybe soon!

Had a bit more time on this now and @Scaff settings with a slight tweak seem to be working quite well, starting to understand the settings a little more now which helps.

I tried reducing the tone for more slip but I think it makes the car feel more floaty so put that back up, the slip is there it’s just subtle.

I’ve tried the Porsche GT3 R and the Ferrari 488 GTE at Spa, Ferrari definitely feels lighter but still getting a good amount of feedback I think.

Certainly enjoying it more now, can push the cars better. Never really driven spa too much and never the 488 gte but like it, only had time for a few laps in it but did a low 2.18 no idea what lap time I should be aiming for in this.

Back