COMP SERiES !! RiFTW0RkS D0RiKiN

• Thread starter RiFTW0RkS
  • 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you open the registration before explaining what the comp is about and all?

How can you open the registration before explaining what the comp is about and all?
Thats driver registration. Not event registration.. All interested 'Teams' and/or drivers can register interest now ! .. More information other than whats on the flier will be detailed shortly.

This is a Team Video Event !! A Team promo video so to speak.. There is about 1 Month for people to show interest.. Have a think and share ideas ?

Nothing is set in stone here, this is not a regular event.. This is a tourny with a whole different concept..

At first some may find hard to grasp, until they see the final product..

Last edited:
I think it would help a LOT if we could see the pictures.

Edit: After viewing the pictures externally and with my current knowledge of the GTP Drifting community - you're putting far too much effort into this "tournament" or whatever it is you're calling it.

For those who can't see the picture, the basic premise of this is:

You sign your team up
He opens a private lobby for you to join
He takes pictures of your team cars and then records a video of you drifting which I'm guessing he's going to "judge".

Personally, I feel this idea is redundant. Lots of people have PVRs now and if they don't they'll definitely know someone who does have one if the need ever arose.

Stick to the JDM/VDC comps people, this is a waste of time.

Also, it's impressive to see that your event is being sponsored by; Twitter, Facebook, Gran Turismo, Blitz, HKS and Falken! Good work there! I didn't even know that last 3 were even interested in video games!

Picture:

RFT01.png

Last edited:
Lol.

It says :

Max ABS 1 !

but a bit bellow:

SRF off
ABS off

Sorry , I can't stop laughing. :P

Image Fixed:

RFT01.png

Thanks for the HEADS up guys and glad it made you laugh so much.. We hope that people can appreciate what we are trying to do here for the community..

RiFTW0RkS are a non-profit organisation but a small team of developers working to develop the Drift community and also its content.

We understand here that not everyone will be liking to us, but please refrain from de-railing the thread and we would ask for positive comments that help us in our mission to bring some professional quality content to the game..

Thanks for your time and we look forward to bringing you more details soon!

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone is being hostile towards you and your event, it actually sounds kind of neat to me.

If you actually read the text on the poster thing he made up, it clearly states that it's a video of a team/person drifting, or creating some sort of narrative based around drifting. It actually adds a whole other dynamic to the competition side of drifting in GT5, rather than having a team battle or comp where everyone argues over judging lines/angle and stuff.

Instead of just shrugging this off and claiming it's a waste of time, maybe the drift community could be a little more open minded instead of acting like a crotchety old man set in his ways.

Also, it's pretty obvious the use of the facebook, HKS, Falken, and other logos is just to add a little detail and make it look a little nicer/professional. Clearly he and his team have put effort into this, why are you complaining?

I don't understand why anyone is being hostile towards you and your event, it actually sounds kind of neat to me.

If you actually read the text on the poster thing he made up, it clearly states that it's a video of a team/person drifting, or creating some sort of narrative based around drifting. It actually adds a whole other dynamic to the competition side of drifting in GT5, rather than having a team battle or comp where everyone argues over judging lines/angle and stuff.

Instead of just shrugging this off and claiming it's a waste of time, maybe the drift community could be a little more open minded instead of acting like a crotchety old man set in his ways.

Also, it's pretty obvious the use of the facebook, HKS, Falken, and other logos is just to add a little detail and make it look a little nicer/professional. Clearly he and his team have put effort into this, why are you complaining?

+1

Im not into competitions really.. So im not in.. Good luck though!

Is sean just jelious or what he has been trolling riftworks threads as well with alot of negetivity should lighten up bud whats gotten into you laitly you need to go back to giving pointers and chill a little.

This whole event, competition whatever you want to call it is a great opportunity for the drift community to get some free professional content, put together by a very skilled and talented Design Team.

This is a great way for Teams and Solo drifters to show off their skills and get creative at the same time.. In what ever way they choose..

I'm really looking forward to opening the D0RiKiN and releasing more detailed information..

It was all about having fun, I can only imagine what got in our way ;-)

We won't be doing that here. So I'd suggest you stop now.

I'm confused as to what this is still. I read through the poster, and it seems like you are jamming multiple events into one. You talk about free open to join lobbies and drift in them. Then there's some sort of competition for a drift king where you get 1 try for a challenge. Then there's something about booking a time to drift with a Cam car. Sort of confusing. Maybe you can elaborate a little, you keep mentioning you are bringing something new here, and the way I see it, it isn't that new. Photoshoot lobbies, drift lobbies, and Competitions are scheduled all the time on GTP. Cool poster though.

I'm confused as to what this is still. I read through the poster, and it seems like you are jamming multiple events into one. You talk about free open to join lobbies and drift in them. Then there's some sort of competition for a drift king where you get 1 try for a challenge. Then there's something about booking a time to drift with a Cam car. Sort of confusing. Maybe you can elaborate a little, you keep mentioning you are bringing something new here, and the way I see it, it isn't that new. Photoshoot lobbies, drift lobbies, and Competitions are scheduled all the time on GTP. Cool poster though.

Hi Meandog and thanks for your interest :-). We kind of agree that the flier is confusing without the full details of the event in front of you.

We tried to put as much information into the flier as possible and get people interested.

I'm really looking forward to releasing more detailed information very shortly.

There is a problem with the conversion of the images depending on their original source. I went to the original source and pasted it in with my post back on Sunday but only I can see it due to my cookie properties - which is why nobody else can see it. Personally I think this is something purely down to the original source not being public, nothing to do with our computers or how they're being posted.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sean, We would much rather talk about the D0RiKiN in here and keep this post on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

I'm closing this topic, it full of nothing.

@RiFTW0RkS, Once you have "more information" to add, feel free to create a new topic. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back